1. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 02:26
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I'm not sure. He seemed happier at that time in his life to be honest with himself ,(his knowledge of life up until that point), and tell me at 8 years old that we really dont know if there is a god. It was one of the most lucid memories of my early childhood.
    He's 75 mow and has moved back to Hunngary many years ago. I haven't seen him in twenty years ...[text shortened]... elf.

edit:I asked him at 8. He wasn't preaching to a child that was not interested.
    Then perhaps he was getting something out of it, like you say, who can tell? Go and see your Father if you can afford it, life is so fragile and transient.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 02:401 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Then perhaps he was getting something out of it, like you say, who can tell? Go and see your Father if you can afford it, life is so fragile and transient.
    Good advice.
    Cant afford it, unfortunately, I believe he is planning to come out next year.

Although when he came 2 years ago, after me and my sister hadn't seen him in 13 years, we couldn't talk to him. We couldn't get him away from his new wife and it seems they were "honeymooning" more than my dad visiting his kids, (possibly for the last time), Bit sad. We offered for her to be taken to the pub for lunch a couple of times, but they were like joined at the hip and the most I got to speak with my dad one on one was for like 4 or 5 mins ?!?
    Makes me think he is contemplating,(perhaps religon and death) and wanted to avoid certain topics.
    It really was a strange visit.

Anyway, thanks for letting me tell the forum that. I only want to get into stuff if people ask about it. Its a kind of tenet I'm trying to follow.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 04:14
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Good advice.
    Cant afford it, unfortunately, I believe he is planning to come out next year.

Although when he came 2 years ago, after me and my sister hadn't seen him in 13 years, we couldn't talk to him. We couldn't get him away from his new wife and it seems they were "honeymooning" more than my dad visiting his kids, (possibly for the last time), ...[text shortened]... y want to get into stuff if people ask about it. Its a kind of tenet I'm trying to follow.
    yes that does seem strange, perhaps it was new for his lady and they were both exited. I always wanted to see Hungary myself, its meant to be really beautiful, then again so is Australia.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree