The Process

The Process

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Mar 11
1 edit

To be an astronaut and go into outer space you must get yourself qualified first, and the programs are very strict to become qualified and many do not complete their programs.

Likewise to enter into spiritual understanding persons must get qualified first, and for the person with the small ego and truthful heart, they become qualified easily.....but for those who have an untruthful heart and a big ego, then they will struggle for the most part.

What is this qualification?

To understand spirituality, the mind and intelligence must be unconditioned and pure.....pure means a mind without error or having no wrong thinking and having only a spiritual agenda and having no ulterior motive other than knowing God in truth.

Unconditioned means a mind that does not hold on to error.

There is a story of a person who goes to the music teacher to get lessons, and when he arrives he says how much are the lessons....and the teacher says well it depends, and then asks the new comer, do you know anything about music?

The new student says, well yes I do because my brother taught me how to play some songs on my piano.

The teacher then said, oh that'd a shame , because now it will cost you more money because you need many more lessons..

Why said the student?

Because I have to un-teach you all the bad habits that your brother has conditioned you with.....and then I can start to teach you properly after I do this..

So everyone in this world is conditioned and this conditioning must be broken before any thing can be understood about true spirituality.

Breaking this conditioning is the first step in becoming qualified, and it is very easy if the person is submissive to the authority of Vedanta..

Vedanta will present a process to become unconditioned and pure, and it is completely natural to accept it and follow it.

The process.....

Gods name is transcendental and is non different than God self.....so vibrating the transcendental sound of Gods name is very powerful, and it eliminates lifetimes of conditioning and error.

The heart is like a mirror and when a mirror has dust covering it, it doesn't reflect anything....so the heart is actually covered with dirt in the form of conditioning and error and lust and sin, so when the Holy name of Godhead is chanted constantly, then the dirt covering the heart is washed away and the pure heart can once more reflect its true nature.

This chanting of Gods name is the only way in this age of Kali Yuga to cleans the heart of all the dirty things and develop love for God.....there is actually no other way to achieve God consciousness for the conditioned living entities in this world.

The chanting of Gods name comes in the form of the Maha Mantra, and this Mantra is the King of spiritual Mantras for developing God consciousness.

Chanting Gods names is the only way to be God conscious, along with studying the transcendental Vedic literature and following the regulative principles.

The regulative principles must also be followed, and they are....

1. no meat eating.
2. no illicit sex.
3, no gambling.or speculation
4. no intoxication or drugs.

The Maha Mantra is so powerful, that one does not even have to follow the 4 regulative principle first off, because after chanting this Mantra for a short time, the person shall willingly follow the 4 regulative principle without any difficulty whatsoever, because the Mantra purifies and cleans the mind, body, heart, soul and intelligence of all misgivings very effectively, and transforms the person to the transcendental platform immediately.

I am sure there are at least two persons in this forum who already know of this Maha Mantra.....they know who they are, and it would be welcomed by me if they post it up

Moves
02 Mar 11

Originally posted by Dasa
To be an astronaut and go into outer space you must get yourself qualified first, and the programs are very strict to become qualified and many do not complete their programs.

Likewise to enter into spiritual understanding persons must get qualified first, and for the person with the small ego and truthful heart, they become qualified easily.....but for thos ...[text shortened]... this Maha Mantra.....they know who they are, and it would be welcomed by me if they post it up
Do they have to met these criteria?

Quoting you:

1. no meat eating.
2. no illicit sex.

???

F

Moves
02 Mar 11

The chanting of Gods name comes in the form of the Maha Mantra, and this Mantra is the King of spiritual Mantras for developing God consciousness. Chanting Gods names is the only way to be God conscious, along with studying the transcendental Vedic literature and following the regulative principles.
Two thoughts. My own "God consciousness" does not involve any need or obligation to "chant" so your assertion that it is "the only way" is peculiar. Secondly, I believe the "regulative principles" you mentioned are man made and, while being admirable perhaps, as lifestyle choices, I do not believe that they are 'instructions from God'. So far, on my spiritual journey, I have never met anybody who has made a credible claim as to what 'God's instructions' are. I do however believe that you believe what you say you believe.

rc

Moves
02 Mar 11
1 edit

Likewise to enter into spiritual understanding persons must get qualified first, and for the person with the small ego and truthful heart, they become qualified easily.....but for thos this Maha Mantra.....they know who they are, and it would be welcomed by me if they post it up
This reeks of nothing more than a purely ritualistic form of worship and appears to me to be empty and deviod of any type of substance.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Mar 11
1 edit

1. no meat eating.
2. no illicit sex.
well, you've obviously already blown #4. And #3, by gambling on this speculative tripe, instead of the truth.

#1 and #2? Just a guess, but I'm guessing you're good there.

The main error here is that you assume you even know God's name. Not likely.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Mar 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
well, you've obviously already blown #4. And #3, by gambling on this speculative tripe, instead of the truth.

#1 and #2? Just a guess, but I'm guessing you're good there.

The main error here is that you assume you even [b]know
God's name. Not likely.[/b]
"Krsna" is one of the names of god according to Hinduism.
The JW's think they know It's name.

How'd I know you were going to disagree with Dasa?
You doing some hardcore penance? 🙂

Chant "hare krsna hare krsna
krsna krsna hare hare
hare rama hare rama
rama rama kare hare"
and you will be happy.
Or so they say at the Krsna farm.
I pay my respects when I'm in the area but I'm not a big chanter.(or a real hindu)
And I dont chant that mantra.
But I respect the hard working men and women who have shared their food and land with me without judgment on my person. God bless them.

s

Lowlands paradise

Moves
04 Mar 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
This reeks of nothing more than a purely ritualistic form of worship and appears to me to be empty and deviod of any type of substance.
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah!

What is the difference?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Mar 11

Originally posted by souverein

What is the difference?
From their posting history, I would have to agree. What IS the difference?

My theory is that people are either born into spiritual/religous views they inherit from their parents or they have a "spiritual breakthorugh" and attribute it to the religous book(s) they happen to be reading at the time.
( I went through the same thing when I was about 20 (16 years ago), and quickly realized that regurgitating stuff from a book,the contents of which I hadn't really directly experienced for myslef was foolish. I sounded foolish and could only produce circular arguements to support my naive theory)

I sounded silly.
Since then I have come to the understanding that the only worthwhile views on spirituality was from people with direct experience of Spirit. And in nearly all cases, these people , whether they be authors or people I met in person, all had some things in common.
The point I would like to focus on is the fact that these people had read, with an open mind, other religous texts.
I have yet to find someone with a convincing arguement about spirituality that hasn't cross-refrenced and whole heartedly considered other major religous/spiritual views .

Of course the words of a mantra are worthless unless a person has the right understanding and has come to the conclusion of chanting of their own voilition. Just being told that you will goto hell, or be reborn as an ant or whatever, has absolutely no hold over me, and when people keep repeating it (ie. that I should take up their mantra), it just becomes embaressing. They have put up a block that stops any furthur enquiry and kills the "conversation".

rc

Moves
05 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by souverein

What is the difference?
There is no difference as far as I can discern, with the exception that your post contains in abbreviated form the actual Biblical name of God. Christians are of course counselled against repetitively chanting invocations, in a merely ritualistic fashion, perhaps you were unaware, who can say?

(Matthew 6:7-8) . . .But when praying, do not say the same things over and over again, just as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words.  So, do not make yourselves like them, for God your Father knows what things you are needing before ever you ask him.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Mar 11

There is no difference as far as I can discern, with the exception that your post contains in abbreviated form the actual Biblical name of God.
So you only recognize biblical names of god?

What about the older more popular religons? How can you dismiss them so easily?
(Because they are not biblical?)

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
05 Mar 11

Originally posted by JS357
Do they have to met these criteria?

Quoting you:

1. no meat eating.
2. no illicit sex.

???
Along these lines I need a concise definition of "illicit".

rc

Moves
05 Mar 11
3 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
So you only recognize biblical names of god?

What about the older more popular religons? How can you dismiss them so easily?
(Because they are not biblical?)
Firstly there are many gods mentioned in the Bible, perhaps you were unaware, there is only one name for the Father, and many titles. Whether a religion is older or more popular is neither here not there, indeed, i dont see what it has to do with anything. I am dismissing empty ritualistic forms of worship which do nothing for the adherent and are nothing more than a semblance of spirituality, in fact, a façade. Christ himself makes this perfectly clear in the portion that i quoted above. Unless your religion benefits you in some tangible way and those you come into contact with, i say its useless! You would be just as well joining a chess club, perhaps more so.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Mar 11
1 edit

Firstly there are many gods mentioned in the Bible, perhaps you were unaware, there is only one name for the Father, and many titles. Whether a religion is older or more popular is neither here not there, indeed, i dont see what it has to do with anything. I am dismissing empty ritualistic forms of worship which do nothing for the adherent and are ...[text shortened]... ntact with, i say its useless! You would be just as well joining a chess club, perhaps more so.
I accept that it doesn't matter if a religon is older or more popular, however I was trying to tie this in with my own experiences of religous persons.
For example, I have met many "inactive" christians. Y'know the type that just goto church once a week and give the church a bit of money and think nothing more about spirituality,(often having disdain for other religons, but WITHOUT the energy or knowledge to actually challenge them. Often being athiests deep down, as my Dad was)

Juxtaposed to this, the members of other religous groups (bhuddists, hindus, Bahai's, JW's (yes them too), Jews, actually , everyone I can think of), have been consistently more deeper into their worship, meditation, good works, devotion, understanding and nearly every virtue .
Or so my experience leads me to believe.

note: the christians on this forum would NOT be the type I'm referring to here 😀

rc

Moves
05 Mar 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I accept that it doesn't matter if a religon is older or more popular, however I was trying to tie this in with my own experiences of religous persons.
For example, I have met many "inactive" christians. Y'know the type that just goto church once a week and give the church a bit of money and think nothing more about spirituality,(often having disdain f ...[text shortened]... eve.

note: the christians on this forum would NOT be the type I'm referring to here 😀
i dunno, sometimes, for whatever reason, we are just going through the motions. Put yourself in your fathers position just for a moment, what if there was nothing that he could relate to? he just went out of pure habit and tradition? imagine the emptiness?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Mar 11
1 edit

i dunno, sometimes, for whatever reason, we are just going through the motions. Put yourself in your fathers position just for a moment, what if there was nothing that he could relate to? he just went out of pure habit and tradition? imagine the emptiness?
I'm not sure. He seemed happier at that time in his life to be honest with himself ,(his knowledge of life up until that point), and tell me at 8 years old that we really dont know if there is a god. It was one of the most lucid memories of my early childhood.
He's 75 mow and has moved back to Hunngary many years ago. I haven't seen him in twenty years except on a couple of brief visits. Perhaps in the last 20 years he has aquired more knowledge and decided to become a theist.
Anyway, if he has, he keeps it to himself.

edit:I asked him at 8. He wasn't preaching to a child that was not interested.