1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 23:50
    Originally posted by howardgee
    There would be no comparison, because my philosophy is grounded in reality, and unlike your "experience" of Christ, it actaully exists.
    Take away my experience and you still have the elephant under the rug in the middle of the room - Jesus of Nazareth of history.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 00:06
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]) I don't have a version of the NT prepared by a 20th Century minister from China, but I have read the major translations quite a bit.

You blew it. Stop getting mad with me because I pointed out that you blew it.

Your bigoted racism aside, I could have demonstrated you as being just as ignorant with the good old King James Bible. ...[text shortened]... West or of the East. He is the God of truth. Didn't they teach you anything in Sunday School?[/b]
    Ironically, in an earlier post, you threw out a challenge for someone to show you, chapter and verse, where Jesus or for that matter , the New Testament coerces someone into belief.

Be careful as you are approaching that attitude. You may have missed my earlier question. Did you accomplish what you wanted in this thread?
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 01:222 edits
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Ironically, in an earlier post, you threw out a challenge for someone to show you, chapter and verse, where Jesus or for that matter , the New Testament coerces someone into belief.

Be careful as you are approaching that attitude. You may have missed my earlier question. Did you accomplish what you wanted in this thread?
    1.) I don't think anyone responded by pointing out such a passage.

2.) There is no coercion on my part toward anyone. Unless not allowing misstatements, errors, incorrect interpretations, and some immature insults is "coercing" someone to believe what you believe.

???

Is there something more you would like to discuss about the processed Triune God to become the life giving Spirit?
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 01:352 edits
    Originally posted by kirksey957

Tell me something Righteous Reverend, as you boogy your adorable way into the hearts of White Women, how is it you're so clear about the proper behavior of Christians?

Do you mean that because you can point out where others have failed, that makes you a proper example?

I mean because you can point out our failures does that make you more righteous?
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 01:42
    Tell me something [b]Righteous Reverend, as you boogy your adorable way into the hearts of White Women, how is it you're so clear about the proper behavior of Christians?

Do you mean that because you can point out where others have failed, that makes you a proper example?

I mean because you can point out our failures does that make you more righteous?[/b]
    Physician, heal thyself.
  6. Cosmos
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 01:591 edit
    Take away my experience and you still have the elephant under the rug in the middle of the room - Jesus of Nazareth of history.
    A man who probably existed and who was deluded into believing he was the sun of God.
    Either that or the dodgy centuries old, word of mouth reporting distorted the facts.

(Just like Mohammed, that other deluded fellow who was a paedophile into the bargain).
  7. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 02:32
    A man who probably existed and who was deluded into believing he was the sun of God.
    Either that or the dodgy centuries old, word of mouth reporting distorted the facts.

(Just like Mohammed, that other deluded fellow who was a paedophile into the bargain).
    Did Jesus actually consider himself the son of God, or was it his followers who gave him that title?
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 21:47
    What an abject failure you are!

You make a claim and then fail to produce one example to justify your claim. Still, I suppose this is completely in keeping with your religious training which has taught you to accept something without any evidence. What's more, you have learnt that it is better to have faith without any evidence whatsoever. This shows ...[text shortened]... the topsy-turvy world of religion.

Most religious people are morons like you and JaysSwill.
    Apparently spelling is but one of the areas in which your accomplishments outstrip those ignorant theists. Comically, your logic and arguments are so void of anything compelling, you're not even able to egg on a fight.

Poor little guy.
  9. Cosmos
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 22:19
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Apparently spelling is but one of the areas in which your accomplishments outstrip those ignorant theists. Comically, your logic and arguments are so void of anything compelling, you're not even able to egg on a fight.

Poor little guy.
    Save your pity for the pitiful, like yourself.
  10. Cosmos
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 22:20
    Originally posted by whiterose
    Did Jesus actually consider himself the son of God, or was it his followers who gave him that title?
    Who cares? Who ever it was they were mistaken.
  11. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 02:39
    Who cares? Who ever it was they were mistaken.
    Maybe, but from what I have heard Jesus was a jew and was certainly not arrogant enough to consider himself the son of God. If so, then maybe his teachings are worth something, as he basically seems to say love everyone. Maybe following his teachings and disregarding all the son of God crap that his followers made up would be a good option.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '07 21:072 edits
    Originally posted by whiterose
    Maybe, but from what I have heard Jesus was a jew and was certainly not arrogant enough to consider himself the son of God. If so, then maybe his teachings are worth something, as he basically seems to say love everyone. Maybe following his teachings and disregarding all the son of God crap that his followers made up would be a good option.
    I am surprised that posters would be puzzled that Jesus claimed to be the Son of God. That is exactly why He was persecuted by the chief priests and the Jews.

One only has to reference all of the passages where Christ refers to His Father.

In His final prayer before His arrest He says that the world has not known His Father but He has:

"Righteous Father, though the world has not known You, yet I have known You, and these have known that You have sent Me." (John 17:25)

At this point therefore His sonship with God the Father is unique. It is not a relationship held by anyone else in the world. The world has not known the righteous Father.

His goal is to bring the believers into sonship with His Father. But this is impossible for Him to do unless He goes through the process of death and resurrection first.
  13. Joined
    17 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 17:28
    Creation - Incarnation - Human Living - Crucifixion - Resurrection - Becomming a Life Giving Spirit - Exultation

My intention in this thread is to talk about the PROCESS that the Triune God passed through in order to accomplish His eternal purpose.

These stages are steps in a procedure. They are not random and unrelated acts in the Bible. They a ...[text shortened]... ish His eternal purpose of dispensing Himself into man for a mingling of divinity and humanity.
    your number five has a flaw. how can god resurrect himself if he is dead jesus is not god. jesus entrusted his spirit to god to resurrect him WHY DO PEOPLE MAKE THE BIBLE OUT TO BE SOME BIG MYSTORY THE UNSEARCHABLE THE UNKNOWN sorry i want u to take a 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle and show 100 people one piece of that puzzle you will get 100 different answers to what is this a picture of now if you put that one piece in the proper spot of the completed puzzle you will get one answer from all. please if what you are saying does not harmonize with the complete bible it is not right because the bible does not contradict itself it is people that think it is unharmonious
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 22:482 edits
    Originally posted by domlo45
    your number five has a flaw. how can god resurrect himself if he is dead jesus is not god. jesus entrusted his spirit to god to resurrect him WHY DO PEOPLE MAKE THE BIBLE OUT TO BE SOME BIG MYSTORY THE UNSEARCHABLE THE UNKNOWN ...[text shortened]... ot right because the bible does not contradict itself it is people that think it is unharmonious
    There are paradoxes in the Bible. We who are told to come as a little child like to take all the words of the revelation in faith. You should know that Christ said to follow Him we had to deny ourselves. This sometimes means deny the typical human pride that seeks to logically reconcile paradoxes in His word so that we may arrive at some human made "consistency".

Now the Bible does say that God raised Jesus from the dead in some places. But in other places it says that He had the authority to both lay down His life and to take it up again:

" ... I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it away from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have the authority to lay it down, and I have the authority to take it again." (John 10:18)

At least in this passage we see that the Son of God Himself has authority to resurrect and take up His life again.

We see the same in chapter 2 - "Jesus answered and said to them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. ... But He spoke of the temple of His body." (See John 2:19-21)

So though we have passages like "God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory" (1 Pet. 1:21) we also see in JOhn 2:19-21 and John 10:18 that He Himself raises Himself from the dead. Since the Word was God (John 1:1) we must include Christ having authority to take up His life again as part of "God, who raised Him from the dead" (1 Pet. 1:21)

In John 11:25 He says that He IS "the resurrection and the life". So He Himself is the embodiment and power of resurrection in Himself.

This, I admit, is paradoxical. But some of us choose to be enlarged to embrace all that the Scirpture says.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree