1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 12:22
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Is there something special about the planet of earth ?
    If you believe, as seems to be the case, that non-Christian humans have "unclean dog natures" whose ideas, beliefs and perspectives are "faeces" and "germs", then presumably you don't think this planet is "special" ~ unless you believe it is "special" because there are people on it who have the same religious beliefs as you?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 12:391 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If you believe, as seems to be the case, that non-Christian humans have "unclean dog natures" whose ideas, beliefs and perspectives are "faeces" and "germs", then presumably you don't think this planet is "special" ~ unless you believe it is "special" because there are people on it who have the same religious beliefs as you?
    Wrong.

If you believe, as seems to be the case, that non-Christian humans have "unclean dog natures"

Man is created in the image and likeness of God. But man has become fallen.

So the situation with man is rather complicated. There is something in man which is quite good for after all, he was made in God's image. But this man has become damaged by sin and death, by rebellion and being joined to the Devil God's enemy.

So the situation is not simple but rather involved.
    I respect the full scope of man's predicament.

YOU NEED to simplify my position for purposes of slander.

Christians and non-Christians ALL have a fallen nature.
    It is a matter of whether they let it take them over, dominate them, or perhaps hold it in check or avail themselves of God's salvation.

That deals with your first generalization.
    The "dog nature" strongly reacting against the will of God is not exclusively unbelievers.

My comment in the past was about not letting that nature run amok, in the Gospel rejector. It was not that such a tendency to reject God is not also in ALL fallen men.

NEXT misrepresentation.

whose ideas, beliefs and perspectives are "faeces" and "germs"

Paul's was a culturally outstanding and highly respected ethical and moral religious person. But he did not know Christ.

When he met Christ he learned that his pedigree, his high attainments of what he was so proud of before compared to the excellency of knowing Christ as dung, refuse, dog-food, a dung heap.

This is just your whinning when the meek and mild Christians doesn't let you insult them without telling you where to get off. Nothing more.

This is YOU like Charlie Brown complaining "Why is everybody always picking on ME? "

You should just be able to knock Christians down and they not bounce up again. And if they DO ... "Why is this MEAN Christian PICKING ON ME?? Oh DEAR. He is SO unfair to my sensitive ego!! "

So, saved and unsaved are created in the image of God.
    So, saved and unsaved both have a fallen nature.

So, in comparison to knowing the excellent Christ nothing of the accolades of the fallen world system compares.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 13:10
    The "dog nature" strongly reacting against the will of God is not exclusively unbelievers.
    How many people on this possibly "special" planet do you think use their "unclean dog natures" to spread "germs" and "faeces"? Ball park figure?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 13:13
    When he met Christ he learned that his pedigree, his high attainments of what he was so proud of before compared to the excellency of knowing Christ as dung, refuse, dog-food, a dung heap.
    So, to continue with your "eating faeces" riff, do you believe that all Muslims in the world - for example - in the practice of their religion and the exercise of their spiritual beliefs - are "eating faeces"? Please note that it is you who has introduced the notion of "eating faeces" to characterize the ideas of those that have different beliefs from you, not me.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 09:491 edit
    Is there something special about the planet of earth ?

How exciting that we have now discovered hundreds of other planets. For decades in my fascination for the earth I was dissapointed that no other but the nine planets were known.

That has now changed since I was a young guy. Now we know of hundreds of planets. Move over Flash Gordon. Even Star Tr ...[text shortened]... s now like reality - PLENTY of planets.

Is ours run of the mill or special in some sense ?
    Despite most people realizing that other planets probably have life , the Earth is still special .
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 12:47
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Despite most people realizing that other planets probably have life , the Earth is still special .
    Despite most people realizing that other planets probably have life , the Earth is still special

We have not found one yet.
    I think it is going to dawn upon them that chances are getting slimmer and slimmer.

Now brace yourself for this possibility.
    Some microscopic organisms float to the upper atmostphere of the earth and get blown off into outer space.

It is possible that some fossils of microscopic life may have blown off the earth, through space, and be blown to the planet Mars. So it is possible some signs of life (FROM EARTH) may show up in Martian soil.

I read this from a science article.

Now the discovery of WATER usually causes a hopeful stir. We'll just have to wait and see.

I doubt that life will be found on any other planet.
    We just have this special corner of the universe as huge as it is.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 13:20
    Now the discovery of WATER usually causes a hopeful stir. We'll just have to wait and see. I doubt that life will be found on any other planet.
    If they find faeces on another planet, it will be a sign of life.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 13:23
    I doubt that life will be found on any other planet.
    Why then do you claim your god figure hangs non-Christians out on chains to torture them after they die as a warning to people on other planets?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 13:25
    If they find faeces on another planet, it will be a sign of life.
    It may be a sure sign that you'll want to go there for a bite to eat.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 13:27
    Why then do you claim your god figure hangs non-Christians out on chains to torture them after they die as a warning to people on other planets?
    What on earth are you going on about ?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 01:281 edit
    What on earth are you going on about ?
    You said "I doubt that life will be found on any other planet". But you have also said God hangs humans out on chains as a warning to the people on other planets. These two things don't add up. This is what I am going on about.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 01:32
    Despite most people realizing that other planets probably have life , the Earth is still special

We have not found one yet.
    I think it is going to dawn upon them that chances are getting slimmer and slimmer.

Now brace yourself for this possibility.
    Some microscopic organisms float to the upper atmostphere of the earth and get blown ...[text shortened]... e found on any other planet.
    We just have this special corner of the universe as huge as it is.
    Yeah ok.

Microscopic organisms blew off to Mars. Totally believable
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 06:291 edit
    Yeah ok.

I suppose that is sarcasm. But I derived the information by no religious article.

When I was young I heard about "secondary meteorites" which I thought were strange. That is fragments of other planets that land on earth because of explosions on other planets. Ie. impacts of meteors on a planet cause fragments of that planet to blast upward into space.

Fragments of earth may appear on other planets.
    Fragments of other planets may appear on earth.

Mars rocks have said to have been found on earth.

I also read that because of solar winds, tiny things in the high atmosphere can blow off the vicinity of earth and through space. These microscopic wind riders could land on other planets like Mars as well.

Sounds logical to me.

(How I got this into this thread I puzzle to recall)
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 06:38
    Yeah ok.

Of course, it could have happened the other way round and life on Earth is a result of microscopic organisms blown from other planets.

Don't tell the Christians...
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 06:44
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Of course, it could have happened the other way round and life on Earth is a result of microscopic organisms blown from other planets.

Don't tell the Christians...
    Ah, You can tell the Christians whatever you want.

And I agree if you mean that there could logically be microscopic evidences of life on OTHER planets that found there way to land on earth.

Logically, I quite agree.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree