The Rapture

The Rapture

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
25 May 09

Many christians are divided on this. Some say pre, mid, or post tribulation.Others say there will not be one because its not scriptural. I am interested in serious thought on this from christians w/ scripture to back up their claims for or against.

w

Moves
25 May 09

Originally posted by utherpendragon
Many christians are divided on this. Some say pre, mid, or post tribulation.Others say there will not be one because its not scriptural. I am interested in serious thought on this from christians w/ scripture to back up their claims for or against.
I say who cares? Really!! As a Christian all I am concerned about is the ressurection. So long as a Christian recognizes this event and the implications thereof surrounding it, it matters little to me.

Of course, what I find interesting are Christians who are outraged by the notion that God may let them go through the tribulation. Then again, they probably are not to familiar with 11 of the 12 apostles who were martyred for Christ nor the prophets of old who were all slain for proclaiming the word of God. As spoken by Christ, those who love their very lives more than me are not worthy of me.

j

Moves
25 May 09

The is an important subject. However the "when" of rapture is by no means the only angle from which to study the matter. I think there are other aspects of rapture which are more important than trying to pinpoint the when of the event.

Jesus said "In an hour you least expect ...". This warning should keep Christians vigilant. It is not when you would most expect but when you would least expect.

Since we do not know the specific time, therefore, we Christians should be alert, vigilant, attentive to walking in the Holy Spirit and enjoying oneness with Christ on a moment by moment basis.

Rapture should not be a surprise to the Christian carefully walking in the Spirit. It should not be a shock. It should only be a physical transport to where the believer's inward being is already (so to speak).

Rapture is God removing the believers physically but their hearts and minds are already in that heavenly atmosphere and glorious presence of God. No one wants to be transported to somewhere they do not want to go in the first place. Therefore the one hoping for rapture should aleady be daily walking before God and in the heavenly atmosphere by setting their minds on Christ.

That is enough for this post.

j

Moves
25 May 09

Originally posted by whodey
I say who cares? Really!! As a Christian all I am concerned about is the ressurection. So long as a Christian recognizes this event and the implications thereof surrounding it, it matters little to me.

Of course, what I find interesting are Christians who are outraged by the notion that God may let them go through the tribulation. Then again, they prob ...[text shortened]... of God. As spoken by Christ, those who love their very lives more than me are not worthy of me.
=======================
Of course, what I find interesting are Christians who are outraged by the notion that God may let them go through the tribulation.
=================================

I agree. However Rapture propherly understood does not preclude that no Christians will pass through the great tribulation.

The majority of Christians on the earth will pass through the great tribulation. However, some will be raptured before that time.

This should be quite logical though too many Christian teachers miss it. Obviously, if the Lord Jesus warned the disciple to be ready for such an event, some will heed the warning and some will fail to.

If it were so automatic then the Lord Jesus would not have to warn the disciples. In that case whether they watched or did not they would be raptured.

The warnings to be ready, to be vigilant, to be prepared, to not be caught off guard, etc. should be enough to indicate the the Rapture is conditional upon fulifilling these requirements.

So we can assume that a minority will probably be raptured before the great tribulation and the majority will be left to pass through it.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
25 May 09

I'm a pan-millenialist: everything will pan out just right!

Actually, I can't remember how many different points of view I have held over the years - In the '70s I was expecting the rapture at any moment, because the EU had just had recruited their tenth member. (Remember the ten toes of Daniel, mixture of iron and clay).

Now we have some twenty-something members, so that theory went fut...

My theory now is that if you are ready for the Rapture, then you are ready for the Tribulation, and vice versa. So, yes, I agree with the person who posted earlier: WHO CARES?! rather focus on your daily walk right now, grow in Christ and possess your birthright!

j

Moves
25 May 09
4 edits

Originally posted by CalJust

Actually, I can't remember how many different points of view I have held over the years - In the '70s I was expecting the rapture at any moment, because the EU had just had recruited their tenth member. (Remember the ten toes of Daniel, mixture of iron and clay).

Now we have some twenty-someth ...[text shortened]... ARES?! rather focus on your daily walk right now, grow in Christ and possess your birthright!
===============================
======================================

There you go ! If you trust in Jesus, everything will PAN out alright. Amen.

======================================
========================================

Well, you know the word Rapture is not there in the SCriptures. But it is a good word. It is a good theological word. It means a kind of ecstasy or an ecstatic happiness.

Now we should often be in a ecstatic happiness in Jesus, shouldn't we ? If we are in the habit of praising and thanking the Lord Jesus in all kinds of situations, we will be happy with Him. We will be rapturous.

So I say that Rapture is really something that we should kind of practice. We should practice being very happy in the Lord Jesus. We should often be in rapture with the Lord Jesus.

Now if we are in the custom of being rapturerously happy in Christ, perhaps we will live to see the day when we will be physically swept away to enjoy Him.

My point here is that rapture is a good word to discribe how we should be daily before God - happy, even ecstatic. Or at least we should often be in a rapturous joy of the Lord in various circumstances.

In a sense, Rapture is something we as Christians can practice.

IF you turn to the Lord Jesus by calling on His name, you will be "swept away" inwardly from a lot of bad things. Turning to Jesus within will cause the Spirit of Christ to snatch your being away from your old life and old sins into the presence of Christ.

Actually, to be raptures is really the response of obedience to the command of Jesus. Rather than an escape merely, it is the response of obedience.

"For it will come in upon all those dwelling on the face of the earth. But be watchful at every time, beseeching that you would prevail to escape all these things which are about to come to pass and stand before the Son of Man." (Luke 21:36)

We can see that Christ exhorts and commands the disciples to beseech God that they may escape the tribulation. So rather than we say "Bring it on! We're ready" what the disciples should do is beseech the Lord that they escape these things.

Only a foolish Christian wants to pass through the great tribulation.

Rapture is also a strategic move in spiritual warfare. As a matter of fact it is the Rapture which causes the great tribulation to start. It positions the overcomers above Satan and drives him down to the earth.

So to be raptures is the response of obedience. And to be raptures is strategically needed to end the age and bring in the kingdom age.

d

Moves
25 May 09

Say what?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
25 May 09
1 edit

Originally posted by CalJust

Now we have some twenty-someth ...[text shortened]... ARES?! rather focus on your daily walk right now, grow in Christ and possess your birthright!

Bizarro-"just right" n. 1. A state of world affairs involving plagues, wars, famine, death, political oppression, devastating natural disasters, etc. that will be suffered by the majority of people, while a minority will be [partially?] spared from it.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
25 May 09

Originally posted by darvlay
Say what?
'The Rapture', William Shatner's proposed religious epic dealing with the Last Days, all dialogue to be rapped rather than spoken, with Shatner playing all the parts himself.

d

Moves
25 May 09

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
'The Rapture', William Shatner's proposed religious epic dealing with the Last Days, all dialogue to be rapped rather than spoken, with Shatner playing all the parts himself.
How rapturerously delightful!

d

Moves
25 May 09

Rapture
Waiting to capture that moment
Postponement
Suspension of rational movement
So bang on the hour of twelve
To the forest clearing we'll delve
With guns to our heads for we know
That heaven awaits us

Dreaming of that perfect home by the sun
Run! Christian, Run!
Still dreaming of that perfect home by the sun
Run! Christian, Run!

Roaming
Roaming from all tribulation
Leaving
Leaving behind all damnation
With women and children in line
The men will then gather behind
With knives to their throats they'll depart
On the midnight train to Jordan

Still dreaming of that perfect home by the sun
Run! Christian, Run!
Wishing for that perfect home by the sun
Come Kingdom come!

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
25 May 09
1 edit

when and if it does happen in my lifetime. I still will feel said for all thoughs who will still reject Jesus.

j

Moves
25 May 09

Originally posted by darvlay
Say what?
=================
Say what?
====================

Can you be a little more specific about your question ?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
26 May 09

If I remember correctly the early Christians did not have or hold the view of a rapture happening. Some women (can't remember the name) supposedly had a vision in the 1800's that God was going to come and take believers away.This is where this idea of a rapture came from.

Manny

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
26 May 09

And here I thought this thread was going to be about that Blondie song.

Actually, the Canadian brewery Unibroue has an excellent beer called "La Fin du Monde", which translates as "the end of the world." I want to know if the christians will make this the official beer of the rapture.