1. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 20:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I read Platonic philosophy when i was fourteen...
    Otto West: Apes don't read philosophy.
    Wanda: Yes they do, Otto, they just don't understand it...

You're ridiculous.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 20:28
    the Christian Greek scriptures have superseded those of the Mosaic law, never the less
    i had forgotten how tricky and pedantic you noobsters can be, shall l rephrase the
    term, Christian principles so that your argument may disintegrate into nothingness 🙂
    Not pedantic, you were just being inaccurate.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 20:341 edit
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Otto West: Apes don't read philosophy.
    Wanda: Yes they do, Otto, they just don't understand it...

You're ridiculous.
    Claiming that because you have read literature and know more about it than an
    educated individual living amongst the Greeks at the time is ridiculous. Your in a room
    full of mirrors reading about how to be loving and claiming that by doing so you know
    more than the people who actually demonstrate it in their life, such is the folly of all
    those who substitute mere opinion for knowledge. Regardless of my foibles, at
    least it has not led me to being pompous, which is more than i can take in self and
    even less in others, so if you dont mind . . . .
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 20:34
    haha, such a cheapo, dont you have some crow to train to drop stones into a glass of
    water and claim its using tools, some fish to test its consciousness? some rabbit that
    has written a thesis?
    Robbie Carrobie....Rabbit Consciousness. Still not a coincidence...
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 20:35
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Not pedantic, you were just being inaccurate.
    thats a matter of opinion
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 20:40
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Robbie Carrobie....Rabbit Consciousness. Still not a coincidence...
    Actually carrobie is the Persian/Urdu term for angel. You may be familiar with its equivalent cherub. Hardly a coincidence!
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 20:41
    thats a matter of opinion
    It's only a matter of opinion for you because you don't like to admit when you are wrong.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 20:461 edit
    It's only a matter of opinion for you because you don't like to admit when you are wrong.
    i dont mind admitting when i am wrong, but then again i dont like it when i have been
    misrepresented either. I have intimated what i meant, you may take it or leave it, the
    fact of the matter is, you have not demonstrated why if those persons in Sydney had
    applied the principles found in the Christian Greek scriptures that none of those
    occurrences would have happened. Have you? So if you would just like to clear that
    up, ill be on my way.
  9. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 20:501 edit
    Claiming that because you have read literature and know more about it than an
    educated individual living amongst the Greeks at the time is ridiculous. Your in a room
    full of mirrors reading about how to be loving and claiming that by doing so you know
    more than the people who actually demonstrate it in their life, such is the folly of all
    th ...[text shortened]... us, which is more than i can take in self and
    even less in others, so if you dont mind . . . .
    But I didn't make that general claim. I made a particular claim about a motto putatively characteristic of Epicurean philosophy. It's not characteristic, if understood as advocating naive hedonism. This is just a fact about that school of thought. If Paul thought otherwise, then he's as ignorant as you are (but more culpable than you are, since he was educated, and could have figured this stuff out had he tried). So, go fu@k yourself, but not before you spend some time learning to read.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 20:521 edit
    i dont mind admitting when i am wrong, but then again i dont like it when i have been
    misrepresented either. I have intimated what i meant, you may take it or leave it, the
    fact of the matter is, you have not demonstrated why if those persons in Sydney had
    applied the principles found in the Christian Greek scriptures that none of those
    oc ...[text shortened]... would have happened. Have you? So if you would just like to clear that
    up, ill be on my way.
    You are correct, if those people in Sydney followed the teachings of Jesus we would not have those scenes in Sydney. But then what Christian actually follows the teachings of Jesus? We only have to observe the behaviour of Christians on these forums to to see that most are CiNO's. As Ghandi observed -

I like your Christ, i do not like your Christians

As for misrepresenting you, gimme a break, the text is there for all to see. You said Biblical principles, it's there in black and white.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 20:57
    Originally posted by bbarr
    But I didn't make that general claim. I made a particular claim about a motto putatively characteristic of Epicurean philosophy. It's not characteristic, if understood as advocating naive hedonism. This is just a fact about that school of thought. So, go fu@k yourself, but not before you spend some time learning to read.
    I know what you claimed, i even understood the basis for your claim. Whether the
    epicureans deserve the designation, i could not care less, thanks ill do that, because
    lets face it, remonstrating here with you is just so much fun. . .
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 21:021 edit
    You are correct, if those people in Sydney followed the teachings of Jesus we would not have those scenes in Sydney. But then what Christian actually follows the teachings of Jesus? We only have to observe the behaviour of Christians on these forums to to see that most are CiNO's. As Ghandi observed -

[quote]I like your Christ, i do not like your Chri ...[text shortened]... the text is there for all to see. You said Biblical principles, it's there in black and white.
    You are correct, if those people in Sydney followed the teachings of Jesus we would no
    t have those scenes in Sydney

praise da lord! where is RJH, he has to hear it, out of the mouth of babes and all that
    stuff. . . 🙂

what behaviour? Christians are not perfect, nor is perfection a requirement. Some
    have a siege mentality, others are just plain rude. They are simply at different stages
    of their metamorphosis ( am i allowed to use the term without BBarr objecting to it on
    the basis that i haven't studied some school of Greek philosophical thought)
  13. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    20 Sep '11 01:03
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Its Saturday and Friday night in Australia somewhere and the police are receiving hundreds of calls to 000.

* pub fight and someone is glassed in the face. (2 arrested)
    * person assaulted by gang and stabbed.
    * girl accosted and attempted rape.
    * rival gangs clash in a public street (8 arrested)
    * 2 under-age female drinkers picked up by police for indec ...[text shortened]... eel that they are just working to cater to the intoxicated and drug crazed youth of Australia.
    hehehe. hohoho. hehehe.

dasa let loose another stink bomb. the room hasn't cleared, people must like the smell.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 08:45
    Originally posted by Dasa
    There is offensive atheism and non-offensive atheism.

Which one do you embrace.

I had a post recently about this.
    Obviously, it is offensive atheism.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 09:03
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    hehehe. hohoho. hehehe.

dasa let loose another stink bomb. the room hasn't cleared, people must like the smell.
    See Dasa, the atheists love this stuff. The more the better for them to make
    themselves feel better about themselves. Make them happy, give them what
    they want = the gory details.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree