1. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 22:47
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Does everyone now agree on who Jesus is?

If not, your comment is rather stupid.
    My comment is not stupid, different people will answer your question in different ways... and there has been plenty of that here. What matters is what you will believe and acknowledge. You should read and study for yourself and ask God to reveal himself to you through his word. If you seek you will find, it's better than being spoon fed by RHP.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 22:54
    Originally posted by leunammi
    My comment is not stupid, different people will answer your question in different ways... and there has been plenty of that here. What matters is what you will believe and acknowledge. You should read and study for yourself and ask God to reveal himself to you through his word. If you seek you will find, it's better than being spoon fed by RHP.
    Is Jesus gay?

Was Jesus married?

Is Jesus God?

It's absurd to me that an entire religion can be based on a person we know nothing about.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 22:56
    Is Jesus gay?

Was Jesus married?

Is Jesus God?

It's absurd to me that an entire religion can be based on a person we know nothing about.
    Are you a Christian, yes or no chaney3?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 22:571 edit
    Originally posted by leunammi
    In response to leunammi but for chaney3:
    I concur much with this post.

Why not set aside some time to read three chapters of the New Testament starting with Matthew. Read with a willingness to be changed by God. And see for yourself how the Holy Spirit impresses you with exactly who Jesus Christ is.

A key here is to read with an openness and willingness to be changed by Christ.

I'm sorry. The Bible is a book which is into changing us. And we can read the four biographies of Jesus - Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and have a heart ready to be changed by God.

One should not fear this. For the Spirit of God is a "gentleman" so to speak. He will not usurp your will. He would not bludgeon you into changing. The symbol of the Holy Spirit is often a dove. A dove, you know, is easily shewed away.

Explore the New Testament first hand for yourself. Do so with a willingness to have Christ so impress you that from the inside out, His Spirit would change the way you think about many things.

The changing of us by reading the word of God ALWAYS has as God's goal to transform us more into the image of Jesus Christ ourselves.

I say again - the pull on your heart, the conviction of your conscience, the changing of your attitude, the opening of your mind and emotion, the modifying of your will ALWAYS have as their goal to make you more like Jesus Christ.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 23:02
    Originally posted by sonship

Why not set aside some time to read three chapters of the New Testament starting with [b]Matthew
    . Read with a willingness to be changed by God. And see for yourself how the Holy Spirit impresses you with exactly who Jesus Christ is.

A key here is to read with an openness and ...[text shortened]... your will ALWAYS have as their goal to make you more like Jesus Christ.[/b]
    You have already said that non Trinity believers are wrong.

Why would Jesus want such divide among His people?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 23:122 edits

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I said a lot of things. I think you generalize here.
    People on this Forum to whom I may have said "No, you're wrong about that. And here's why you're wrong" are the few posters who strongly debated about the Trinity.

You did not see me pounce on every spiritual seeker here demanding that they be as conversant as some on the subject of the Trinity.

And my style is more to say "Here's why I believe as I do ... " rather than to say "You're wrong."

This doesn't have that much to do with knowing Christ experientally, subjectively, and intimately for yourself.

Is the essence of your thinking here something like this:

"Because many Christians have different explanations about the nature of Christ, and debate these differences, therefore I am justified to not believe and receive Christ as my Lord and Savior" ?

Is that basically the main point of these inquiries ?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 02:46
    Who is He?

Never existed?
    Man only?
    Son of God?
    God?

If a person claims to be a Christian, this answer should easy.

But facts prove otherwise.
    The first thing you need to know about who Jesus is is that He is the savior.

What you need to now before that is that you need a savior.
  8. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 19:51
    Is Jesus gay?

Was Jesus married?

Is Jesus God?

Chaney3,

I was listening to this talk by Todd White and thought of you. If you have some freetime, it maybe worth your while to listen ( a little over an hour). He has may others that might help in finding the answers you seek.

YouTube[/youtube] link did test out for me, maybe it will for you. Or...

YouTube
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 21:33
    Who is He?

Never existed?
    Man only?
    Son of God?
    God?

If a person claims to be a Christian, this answer should easy.

But facts prove otherwise.
    Yes.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jan '17 08:06
    Is Jesus gay?

Was Jesus married?

Is Jesus God?

1) Probably not. But either way, it doesn't much matter.

2) No.

3) Yes.

We know enough. If it's not enough for you, perhaps you're focusing on unimportant things.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jan '17 08:09
    Originally posted by sonship

Why not set aside some time to read three chapters of the New Testament starting with [b]Matthew
    . Read with a willingness to be changed by God. And see for yourself how the Holy Spirit impresses you with exactly who Jesus Christ is.

A key here is to read with an openness and ...[text shortened]... your will ALWAYS have as their goal to make you more like Jesus Christ.[/b]
    Yes, yes, yes.

Well said.
  12. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    24 Jan '17 11:511 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    1) Probably not. But either way, it doesn't much matter.

2) No.

3) Yes.

We know enough. If it's not enough for you, perhaps you're focusing on unimportant things.
    Suzi,

I find your response to be a bit on the peculiar side. While I as well as you believe Jesus to not have been married because scripture supports it (question 2).

Also, like you i believe Jesus is God because scripture supports it (question 3).

It's your response to question #1 that is perplexing and your uncertainty in light of your certainty to the other 2 questions. Could it be that you are looking at Jesus with regards to whether or not he was gay through the lens of the culture rather the truth of scripture?

Not meant to be a pissing match, just and honest question.

Edit: Quite frankly it does matter a lot.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jan '17 16:50
    What does the Bible tell us about the relationships Jesus had between the ages of 18 and 28?

Jesus was a human man. And it seems that He really didn't know 'who' He was, or what His 'purpose' was until near age 30.

Why the assumption that He possibly didn't have a girlfriend or wife before He 'became' Jesus?
  14. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    24 Jan '17 17:10
    What does the Bible tell us about the relationships Jesus had between the ages of 18 and 28?

Jesus was a human man. And it seems that He really didn't know 'who' He was, or what His 'purpose' was until near age 30.

Why the assumption that He possibly didn't have a girlfriend or wife before He 'became' Jesus?
    I don't believe Jesus being married is supported in scripture, neither is it a point of contention for me so I am not likely to debate it.
  15. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    25 Jan '17 12:11
    Bump suzi

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree