I make NO claims to understand God.
    Obviously.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 08:29
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Why is your Jesus different from robbie's Jesus?

This fact troubles me.
    Why?

Some men came along with a different narrative, who then decided to bring others into their narrative, and then decided that, after years of trying to push their narrative, that the Bible they were using didn't support their narrative, and so they re-wrote the Bible, so that it DID support the narrative they had been claiming all along was real.

So some guys created their own Jesus. How is this God's fault? Why should it bother you at all?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 12:55
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Why?

Some men came along with a different narrative, who then decided to bring others into their narrative, and then decided that, after years of trying to push their narrative, that the Bible they were using didn't support their narrative, and so they re-wrote the Bible, so that it DID support the narrative they had been claiming all along was real.

...[text shortened]... o some guys created their own Jesus. How is this God's fault? Why should it bother you at all?
    So who believes in the real Jesus from your 'alter narrative theory'?

Dive?
    Robbie?
    Suzianne?

All three of you believe in a different Jesus?

Who is right Suzianne?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 14:21
    Originally posted by chaney3
    So who believes in the real Jesus from your 'alter narrative theory'?

Dive?
    Robbie?
    Suzianne?

All three of you believe in a different Jesus?

Who is right Suzianne?
    Do you consider minor differences and major differences in the understanding of who Jesus Christ is ?

I mean probably many bios of Abraham Lincoln exist with different understandings of who Abe was.

I would say the issue is that Christ Himself will finally disclose what I or you or anyone else missed of the essential nature of Himself. For the time being, yes, we may have some differences about Jesus. But He Himself will settle major deficiencies in our understanding.

I don't think minor discrepancies in our debates about Jesus are important to God as they may seem to us. Misinterpretations that really matter, I am sure, He will personally adjudicate.

We can live with Him as our Lord even though we have some different beliefs about His nature. If He is not alive in any sense, then He is not your Lord in any sense. Right?

But if He is available, knowable, and experiential, albeit mysteriously so, we can live in union with the Lord Jesus though we have some different understandings of His nature. And as our experience of Christ grows and expands and deepens so will our appreciation of His nature.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 14:46
    Originally posted by sonship
    Do you consider minor differences and major differences in the understanding of who Jesus Christ is ?

I mean probably many bios of Abraham Lincoln exist with different understandings of who Abe was.

I would say the issue is that [b]Christ
    Himself will finally disclose what I or you or anyone else missed of the essential nature of Himself. ...[text shortened]... s our experience of Christ grows and expands and deepens so will our appreciation of His nature.[/b]
    The Trinity belief is a major difference among Christians.

Using robbie as an example only, of JW, do you sonship think that his non belief in Trinity matters?

You say that 'Jesus will disclose who He is'. But when? While we are alive?

It still seems to me that there is a casual attitude towards 'choosing' a Jesus, and then hope for the best.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree