1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 02:02
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Executing atheists would surely have some support in the US.
    No it would not, and don't call me surely.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 02:022 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    [1] So, no action against the countries in question?

[2] What would be the elements and stages of this fight you propose?
    I find speaking the truth and exposing those in the shadows is often the best remedy.

Things seem to have a way of just working out after that.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 02:08
    Originally posted by whodey
    I find speaking the truth and exposing those in the shadows is often the best remedy.

Things seem to have a way of just working out after that.
    This is waffle. Do you have any concrete suggestions?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 02:09
    Fight the PC police regarding speaking the truth and be couragous in speaking the truth even at the possible risk of death
    There's this question that you skipped: In a country with a predominantly Christian electorate - like the US - do its politicians stand to lose or gain [ i.e. domestically... "...all politics is locals politics"... etc.] by making the human rights issues surrounding the treatment of atheists a priority in their dealings with other countries?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 03:221 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is waffle. Do you have any concrete suggestions?
    Mmm, waffles.

No there are no waffles here I can assure you.

So instead of hiding behind political correctness and saying that a terrorist act was merely a random act of violence, and inviting Islamic children to the White House who make fake bombs, perhaps the President of the US should instead suggest that acts of violence within Islam are hate crimes and making fake bombs are just as bad as making fake guns to go to school with.

And instead of imprisoning people who make films that make fun of Mohammad, perhaps the President should be more concerned about those who wish to kill those who make such films.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 03:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    There's this question that you skipped: In a country with a predominantly Christian electorate - like the US - do its politicians stand to lose or gain [ i.e. domestically... "...all politics is locals politics"... etc.] by making the human rights issues surrounding the treatment of atheists a priority in their dealings with other countries?
    What do they have to gain?

Well I'm certainly not going to pay them to do the right thing if that's what you mean, nor will anyone else.

So I guess that is part of the problem, eh? They don't act unless paid to act.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 03:431 edit
    ...perhaps the President of the US should instead suggest that acts of violence within Islam are hate crimes and making fake bombs are just as bad as making fake guns to go to school with.
    Do you think Ahmed Mohamed is an Islamic terrorist?

What should the US government have done to him?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 03:46
    What do they have to gain?

Well I'm certainly not going to pay them to do the right thing if that's what you mean, nor will anyone else.

So I guess that is part of the problem, eh? They don't act unless paid to act.
    So... you can think of nothing, no policy or any action that you think should be taken against the countries that execute atheists?

What was it you wanted to discuss when the created this OP?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 03:51
    Mmm, waffles.

No there are no waffles here I can assure you.

So instead of hiding behind political correctness and saying that a terrorist act was merely a random act of violence, and inviting Islamic children to the White House who make fake bombs, perhaps the President of the US should instead suggest that acts of violence within Islam are hate crimes ...[text shortened]... s the President should be more concerned about those who wish to kill those who make such films.
    Huh? You don't think the US condemns, opposes and fights terrorism and tracks down terrorists and imprisons them or kills them?

It seems to me that it has been doing this with great tenacity and quite a bit of success for 15-20 years or more.

You think the US should do more about "acts of violence within Islam"? What exactly?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 03:54
    Why don't you expose some of "those in the shadows" here, now? What nationality are they? What do they do exactly?

You have - in a sense - been "speaking the truth" about the fact that there are countries that execute atheists. In what way is what you've said a "remedy"? There is no shortage of coverage, comment and activism on the issue. You are not "exposing" anything.

Surely concrete suggestions as to how to approach the problem might have some hope of becoming remedies.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 06:32
    I find speaking the truth .....
    What a pity you are so bad at it.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 06:41
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    First they whine and moan that the US puts their nose in other nations' business. Now they "want something done" about this, that happens to affect *them*, and they apparently think it's "appalling" that we're not "doing something" about it.
    One trait of Americans generally is their propensity to not leave their own country; if this trait was applied to their foreign policy the world would be a more stable place,
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 10:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    So... you can think of nothing, no policy or any action that you think should be taken against the countries that execute atheists?

What was it you wanted to discuss when the created this OP?
    I think the matter should be discussed within government.

However, the first step is to admit there is a problem. Without doing that, no substantive discussion can ever take place. That is the beauty of PC, it forces people to live in denial.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 10:30
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What a pity you are so bad at it.
    So what issue do you have with this thread troll?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 10:321 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Huh? You don't think the US condemns, opposes and fights terrorism and tracks down terrorists and imprisons them or kills them?

It seems to me that it has been doing this with great tenacity and quite a bit of success for 15-20 years or more.

You think the US should do more about "acts of violence within Islam"? What exactly?
    A government that supplies IS with arms and a fleet of Toyota trucks to fight Assad is insane.

I'm not sure what they are doing, and I don't think they know either.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree