1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 10:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think Ahmed Mohamed is an Islamic terrorist?

What should the US government have done to him?
    How should I know? If not, he is probably well on his way to being one the way things look now.

The point being, you can't be afraid to discipline the lad for making a fake bomb just because he is Islamic when you discipline other children for making fake guns in public school.

Not only is this playing favorites due to race/religion, it shows the blatant disconnect I am talking about within the highest reaches of government.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 11:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    The point being, you can't be afraid to discipline [Ahmed Mohamed] for making a fake bomb just because he is Islamic when you discipline other children for making fake guns in public school.
    Who was "afraid to discipline" him?

"Local law enforcement was called and Mohamed was questioned by police for an hour and a half. After being taken into custody, handcuffed, and transported to a juvenile detention facility, he was fingerprinted and his photograph was taken. He was then released to his parents. The case was not pursued further by juvenile justice authorities, but Mohamed was suspended from school for three days." [wiki]
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 11:03
    How should I know? If not, he is probably well on his way to being one the way things look now.
    You think what Ahmed Mohamed did was criminal?

If - as you speculate - Ahmed Mohamed is "well on his way to being a terrorist" now (and, by implication, wasn't one before), why do you think that has happened?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 15:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    Who was "afraid to discipline" him?

"Local law enforcement was called and Mohamed was questioned by police for an hour and a half. After being taken into custody, handcuffed, and transported to a juvenile detention facility, he was fingerprinted and his photograph was taken. He was then released to his parents. The case was not pursued further by juvenile justice authorities, but Mohamed was suspended from school for three days." [wiki]
    And then invited to the White House?

Sounds like a conflicting message to me.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 15:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    You think what Ahmed Mohamed did was criminal?

If - as you speculate - Ahmed Mohamed is "well on his way to being a terrorist" now (and, by implication, wasn't one before), why do you think that has happened?
    Is he a criminal? He is just as much of a criminal as a kid who brings a fake gun to school.

Such behavoir is conerning don't you think?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 01:26
    And then invited to the White House?

Sounds like a conflicting message to me.
    It turned out that he wasn't the terrorist child they'd thought. Admitting this, in a high profile case, and being invited to the White House is surely a positive thing in terms of race relations?

If you are familiar with the case (you raised it, remember), why did you say untrue things about people being "afraid to discipline" him?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 01:27
    Is he a criminal? He is just as much of a criminal as a kid who brings a fake gun to school.

Such behavoir is conerning don't you think?
    I am asking you. Do you think what Ahmed Mohamed did was criminal?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 01:28
    BUMP.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree