1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '15 20:37
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I was merely having a nose around the website after watching the video. They seem to be quite keen on the notion that Islam is the work of Satan, as someone who has professed the same belief I just wondered if this website was regularly reading material. I'm just being nosey.
    No, I found the link through Google I don't tend to read around the web much on religious sites. I try to take a pragmatic approach to my Christianity and I recognise that being open to the notion that there is spiritual warfare is not a rational belief. To be clear though PK, (as you have mentioned this a few times) I absolutely do not believe that all those who are Muslim are somehow under the influence of evil in any manifestation.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Jan '15 20:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You did say that you recognised the differences, didn't you?
    Yes. And I didn't say the US was a religious state with religious police and a punitive death code that demands a life for rejecting Islam or any religion.

Now try and answer the questions asked instead of always getting upset then avoiding them. Even if I am a pretentiuos prick, you should be able to answer my questions if you have a genuine case to make.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Jan '15 20:41
    You are aware that in KSA witchcraft is considered a real crime punishable by death and apostasy from Islam carries the same penalty aren't you?
    Is this relevant to the questions I asked, or to the OP? If it is, why wasn't it in the OP?
    What is the US's view on witchcraft? Do you know any other countries that make it a crime? I know for a fact that Zambia, which calls itself a 'Christian nation' regularly sees people murdered who are accused of witchcraft, although I don't know what the legal standing is.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '15 20:581 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes. And I didn't say the US was a religious state with religious police and a punitive death code that demands a life for rejecting Islam or any religion.

Now try and answer the questions asked instead of always getting upset then avoiding them. Even if I am a pretentiuos prick, you should be able to answer my questions if you have a genuine case to make.
    What questions, these?

"How many executions in the US?" Answer I don't know.

"You seem to be claiming that capital punishment is not typical in a peaceful society. So, tell us whether you think the US is a peaceful society and whether or not they have capital punishment." Answer, I'm not saying that execution is not typical in a peaceful society, nor that the US is a peaceful society.

Saudi is fairly peaceful on the other hand; depending on ones definition of "peaceful".
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '15 21:04
    Is this relevant to the questions I asked, or to the OP? If it is, why wasn't it in the OP?
    Of course it is relevant. It's relevant to you saying you "recognise the differences" between the US and KSA's penal codes, legal process and societal expectations and yet you are using the US as some sort of comparison when it clearly isn't. You threw the "US" out there in your typical "know it all" manner without giving it any real consideration. You admit there are significant differences and yet you are still trying to defend your use of the "US"; you were wrong to use the example and yet lack the honesty to admit it.

To your second point: Are you saying that I should anticipate your every response in my OP?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Jan '15 21:32
    Answer, I'm not saying that execution is not typical in a peaceful society, ....
    Well then what did you mean by the combination of the thread title and stating in the OP that there were 10 executions in recent weeks?
    Or were we expected to already know all about Saudi law, miscarriages of justice etc?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Jan '15 21:39
    Of course it is relevant. It's relevant to you saying you "recognise the differences" between the US and KSA's penal codes, legal process and societal expectations and yet you are using the US as some sort of comparison when it clearly isn't. You threw the "US" out there in your typical "know it all" manner without giving it any real consideration. You ...[text shortened]... nd your use of the "US"; you were wrong to use the example and yet lack the honesty to admit it.
    You clearly misunderstood my point.
    Your OP states that there were 10 executions in Saudi in the last week. What conclusion did you want us to draw from that statement?
    I have demonstrated that if the US had 10 executions in the same time period, you yourself would not have concluded that:
    a) Christianity is to blame.
    b) That the US is not a peaceful nation.
    c) That the fact of the execution is horrific or a demonstration that there is something seriously wrong with the society in question.

I do not dispute that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is despicable. I do dispute that your OP demonstrates that and I do dispute the apparent claim that this demonstrates that Islam is not a religion of peace. (I do not think it is, but your OP fails to demonstrate it).

I also believe we can find plenty of Christian nations with similarly despicable laws. (Uganda and its anti gay laws that were pushed by American Christians comes to mind).
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jan '15 21:49
    Are you comparing my use of the word "prick" to the sins of Lucifer? Do you think Proper Knob calling robbie carrobie a "bell-end" was him being like Lucifer?
    Intentional deflection signifies recognition of the symptoms of guilt.
    Please ponder these "Skills" as if your happiness is at stake.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '15 22:331 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Please ponder these "Skills" as if your happiness is at stake.
    Oh do shut-up GB.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '15 22:58
    Oh the irony.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '15 23:22
    Or were we expected to already know all about Saudi law, miscarriages of justice etc?
    Are you blaming me for your ignorance of Saudi culture?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '15 23:23
    You clearly misunderstood my point.
    Your OP states that there were 10 executions in Saudi in the last week. What conclusion did you want us to draw from that statement?
    I have demonstrated that if the US had 10 executions in the same time period, you yourself would not have concluded that:
    a) Christianity is to blame.
    b) That the US is not a peaceful ...[text shortened]... able laws. (Uganda and its anti gay laws that were pushed by American Christians comes to mind).
    I'll get back to you tomorrow. MotD (football) is on now and I'm tiring of your pedantry.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jan '15 23:281 edit
    Oh of course you don't wan't to address my point, because you know it will make you look bad.

You seem to be claiming that capital punishment is not typical in a peaceful society. So, tell us whether you think the US is a peaceful society and whether or not they have capital punishment.

If I have interpreted your OP wrong, then explain where I have ...[text shortened]... ed speech rather than openly stating their case because they know their case is on shaky ground.
    The US kills prisoners who have been found guilty of murder. The thinking is if you take a like you should lose your own.

In Islam, women are without any real representation. They are abused, oppressed, and without any form of justice.

You may disagree with the eye for an eye approach to justice, but it is leaps and bound better than what goes on in Islam.

The comparison is apples and oranges.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '15 04:19
    Oh do shut-up GB.
    Sometimes Truth stings. I'll respect your wish until such time as you re-open the door you've just closed.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '15 05:01
    Sometimes Truth stings. I'll respect your wish until such time as you re-open the door you've just closed.
    I don't think divegeester was referring to any "truth" in what you said per se, I think it was more a reaction to your pompous passive aggressive posturing. You do it quite deliberately, it seems, so you should perhaps roll with the banter.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree