1. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 00:51
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I understand you. Christ and I are both liars and frauds.
    you, sure.
    christ isn't here to speak for himself, so we can't say for sure if he's a fraud or not.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '12 14:482 edits
    Originally posted by 667joe
    If Jesus was resurrected, that means he is alive. If he is alive, where is he?
    If Jesus was resurrected, that means he is alive. If he is alive, where is he?

The Apostle John purposely included in his Gospel questions related to this, especially in chapters 14 - 16. John recorded the questions asked by the disciples to Jesus and His replies concerning Himself after His resurrection. Here is an example of one:

"He who has My commandments and keeps them, he is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will manifest Myself to him." (John 14:21)

Throught the ages following His resurrection, Jesus promises to manifest Himself to His lovers. Briefly, He manifests Himself to them through living in them and transforming them by a means they KNOW is not of THEMSELVES.

John records for us one disciple's still puzzled reply:

"Judas, not Isacariot, said to Him, Lord, and what has happened that You are to manifest Yourself to us and not to the world ? (14:22)

It is possible that and indeed desired by God that Christ is manfested directly within those who believe into Him and love Him keeping His word (v.21) and indirectly through them to the world. The world will not receive the direct manifestation of the resurrected Christ until they of the world also become believers in Christ.

Jesus speaks of His manifestation to the disciples apart from the world -

" ... and what has happened that You are to manifest Yourself to us and not to the world?

Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (14:23)

The resurrected Jesus Christ will come with His Father as the Divine "WE" and will make a dwelling place - an abode with and within that person. And from within them He will manifest Himself TO them.

I am so glad the Apostle John recorded these conversations for the sake of generations of Christians to come. He was wise to know what would be some issues:

How will this resurrected Jesus manifest Himself to people ? Will He be physically seen in a million different placesat one time? Will He travel around the globe and show the world He is still alive?

His God ordained and chosen way is to manifest Himself from WITHIN those who believe into Him as a realm, as a sphere to live in. As an unusual yet real living Person He will come into them, and through changing them, MANIFEST Himself to them.

We who follow Jesus KNOW that the changes within our being were dreamed of but beyond OUR ability to make happen. The freeing, the liberation, the transforming, the molding to His image and personality, we know cannot be of ourselves. It is of this One Jesus Christ.

This encourages us on that we KNOW He is alive. Others around us, (some of them) seeing the change in us, come likewise to believe that Jesus is alive, available, and knowable.

WHAT DID THE LAST ADAM BECOME ??? What Have I Said before ?

"the last Adam [Christ] became a life giving Spirit" (1 Corinthians 15:45) .

This is a reliable sentence.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Feb '12 15:38
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    you, sure.
    christ isn't here to speak for himself, so we can't say for sure if he's a fraud or not.
    I was just clarifying what sunhouse believes, not me.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '12 13:00
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Let's see, about 1 trillion people have been born and died since the year zero so there better be one humungous condo.....

Of course if you believe all that shyte, I have a great bridge for sale in Brooklyn.....
    Many billions, I suppose. Surely not 1,000 billion. It's only been in modern times that the entire population of earth has surpassed 1 billion people.

Besides that, the one thing you seem to miss is the whole central idea that only a very slim minority of those many billions will make the cut.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Feb '12 19:01
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Many billions, I suppose. Surely not 1,000 billion. It's only been in modern times that the entire population of earth has surpassed 1 billion people.

Besides that, the one thing you seem to miss is the whole central idea that only a very slim minority of those many billions will make the cut.
    Many are called but few chosen

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
    but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that
    day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your
    name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them,
    ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
    So the last will be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few chosen.”
    (Matthew 7:21-23, 20:16 NKJV)
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Feb '12 20:551 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    How can you be resurrected if you didn't die? He did die (at least according to the story), but didn't stay dead. He was dead for three days.

Of course there were some Christians, like the Gnostics, who believe that Jesus didn't really die. They believe that his death was only an illusion.
    It WAS an illusion. Even the bible says when he 'died' he was anointed with ALOE and other healing herbs. Aloe is not an embalming fluid which is what they would have used if he were dead. They used aloe because he was alive. So three days later, he magically reappears, the last anyone saw was him on the cross, but a little ER and he was back standing up, saying goodbye, and walked up the silk road, not wanting the Romans to get a second chance at offing him.

His last words in Jerusalem: "This town is too rough for me".....
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Feb '12 03:55
    Interesting archeological discovery in Jerusalem:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/investigators-may-discovered-earliest-evidence-christian-iconography-jerusalem-231736336.html
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 Feb '12 07:19
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Interesting archeological discovery in Jerusalem:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/investigators-may-discovered-earliest-evidence-christian-iconography-jerusalem-231736336.html
    lot's of speculation on that one.

kind of ironic...looking for a sign of jesus and finding a sign of jonah instead. didn't matthew say something about that?
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Feb '12 13:121 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit

kind of ironic...looking for a sign of jesus and finding a sign of jonah instead. didn't matthew say something about that?

Sure. Speculation plenty. I just said it was interesting.

About Jonah. Christ said

"But He answered and said to them, An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and a sign shall not be given to it except the sign of Jonah the prophet.

For just as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish three days and three nights, so will the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth three days and three nights." (Matt. 12:39,40)

Now, someone will probably ask "Account for three days and three nights. Gotcha!"

LOL. Its a good one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree