The Resurrection

The Resurrection

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
19 Feb 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
The resurrection was to prove that Jesus was who He said He was and had
the power to lay down His life and to take it back again.
Its always funny how theists can't seem to make up their minds about proof vs faith.
Jesus was resurrected as proof, but we must have faith that he was resurrected. Why not just have faith that he had the power etc?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Feb 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
Its always funny how theists can't seem to make up their minds about proof vs faith.
Jesus was resurrected as proof, but we must have faith that he was resurrected. Why not just have faith that he had the power etc?
Although we are given proof, we must also have faith in the proof. 😏

Maryland

Moves
19 Feb 12

If Jesus was resurrected, that means he is alive. If he is alive, where is he?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
19 Feb 12

Originally posted by 667joe
in the mother ship.

Moves
19 Feb 12

Christ will be coming back for all believers even if I have "kicked the bucket".
The Holy Bible says at that time the dead in Christ will be raised and changed
first.
has anybody ever done the maths to work out how many christians will be brought back. ive got a feeling the number will be huge, is there going to be enough space for everybody.
do we have any idea when jesus is coming back? i think ive been told on the forum that we are in the end days, do we have any idea when they began and when they will end?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Feb 12

And He led them out as far as Bethany, and He lifted up His hands and blessed them.
While He was blessing them, He parted from them and was carried up into heaven.
(Luke24:50-51 NASB)

So then, when the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven
and sat down at the right hand of God.
(Mark 16-19 NASB)

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
19 Feb 12

The also had the written scripture on their side. 😏
How is the Scripture such a source for Truth ? Where does the Bible get it's stamp of perfection ? I've never understood why we are suppose to believe in the Bible as fact .It's another religious Book among many .

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
19 Feb 12

The resurrection was to prove that Jesus was who He said He was and had
the power to lay down His life and to take it back again. The resurrection
was necessaey to give us faith that He could also raise believers like He
said He would do. Because of the resurrection, we believers look for Him to
come again like He said He would. The resurrection is th ...[text shortened]... rine for the faithful believers for as Paul said, "Our faith is in vain if He
has not risen."
But you have not addressed the thread question. If it was a stunt organised by god & son to gain worshippers then nobody died so that our sins would be forgiven.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Feb 12

Originally posted by kevcvs57
But you have not addressed the thread question. If it was a stunt organised by god & son to gain worshippers then nobody died so that our sins would be forgiven.
Christ not only suffered and died on the cross for our sins, but He spent 3 days
in Hell preaching to those in prison there who had already died in order to give
them a chance for salvation. Just because Christ rose from the dead does not
mean He did not die as we will, for we also will be risen from the dead. But
we want to be raised to everlasting life as Christ was raised.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
19 Feb 12

Originally posted by kevcvs57
yup. there was no sacrifice. it was a dog and pony show. a magic trick to dazzle the masses... and the masses are easily dazzled.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Feb 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
in the mother ship.
Sometimes he still comes down to his box-like sattelite to do some hard-core penance.
Just circling the Earth wondering what the hell went wrong ....

j

Moves
21 Feb 12
3 edits

Christians say Jesus died for believers sins. Yet Jesus was resurrected (according to Christians) so if that is true and Jesus is really still alive, then he really did not die for believers sins.
When a person dies he leaves a WILL and TESTAMENT. In that will and testament the dying person bequeves certain things to others.

Then there is the EXECUTOR who is responsible to distribute out to those mentioned in the will and testament the bequests of the one who died.

In the case of the New Testament, it is also a divine will and testament of sorts. The important difference is that the one who died is ALSO the Executor of the will and testament.

Jesus Christ is both the one who bequeaved certain riches to people in view of His death and that will's Executor. He as the Testator also rose from the dead to be the very Executor responsible to distribue and dispense those bequests to those for whom the will was intended.

You may read about this in the New Testament epistle of Hebrews.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
21 Feb 12

Christ will be coming back for all believers even if I have "kicked the bucket".
The Holy Bible says at that time the dead in Christ will be raised and changed
first.
Let's see, about 1 trillion people have been born and died since the year zero so there better be one humungous condo.....

Of course if you believe all that shyte, I have a great bridge for sale in Brooklyn.....

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Feb 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
Let's see, about 1 trillion people have been born and died since the year zero so there better be one humungous condo.....

Of course if you believe all that shyte, I have a great bridge for sale in Brooklyn.....
I understand you. Christ and I are both liars and frauds.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
22 Feb 12

I understand you. Christ and I are both liars and frauds.
Or you have been misled, and jesus has been misrepresented; try not to be so negative.