The Second Law of Thermodynamics

The Second Law of Thermodynamics

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
25 Feb 07

Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
I do know an expert who I will ask if I remember to the next time I see him.

The matter and energy did "come from nothing". This is ok though, we observe it all the time with virtual particles and fun Quantum-mechanics-making-you-slam-your-head-into-a-wall situations like that. And a lot of scientists think the net energy of the universe is 0, so ...[text shortened]... ad for this or leave it alone and stick to 2nd law of thermodynamics argument in this thread.
Just wondering, I see you major in Mathematics and Microbiology. Btw: (I am also a Senior student (4th year) majoring in Physics and Chemistry.)

Have you ever heard of the the Law of Conservation of Matter?

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
25 Feb 07

Originally posted by dj2becker
Well at least you are honest enough to admit that you are not an expert, I'll give you that much.

Just as an aside, where did all the matter and energy come from that was involved in the big bang?
It was in the form of a singularity.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
25 Feb 07

Just wondering, I see you major in Mathematics and Microbiology. Btw: (I am also a Senior student (4th year) majoring in Physics and Chemistry.)

Have you ever heard of the the Law of Conservation of Matter?
Is your university accredited?

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
25 Feb 07

So you agree that life would NOT have been able to evolve if abiogenesis did not occur prior to it?
That's a ridiculous statement. Of course life evolves no matter where it came from.

You don't think your supposedly omnipotent God could create life without abiogenesis and have that life evolve? If so, how do you deal with the well observed fact that life evolves?

Cape Town

Moves
26 Feb 07

I first have to find out your view of Science or else we will just be talking over each other.
As usual you have so far not even tried to prove you point but attempted to avoid doing so by reducing the thread into ridiculous argument about something else.

What my or your views on science, evolution, the big bang, abiogenesis are is totally irrelevant to the issue at hand.
You have claimed that abiogenesis violates the second law of thermodynamics. You have not explained what particular component of abiogenesis violates it and so far the only evidence you present for such a claim is that nobody has explained to you why it doesn't and that therefore it necessarily violates the law. This is clearly false logic.

Moves
26 Feb 07

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
It was in the form of a singularity.
Yes of course. But where did the singularity comes from?

Moves
26 Feb 07

Is your university accredited?
Go figure.

http://www.nwu.ac.za/

Moves
26 Feb 07

That's a ridiculous statement. Of course life evolves no matter where it came from.

You don't think your supposedly omnipotent God could create life without abiogenesis and have that life evolve? If so, how do you deal with the well observed fact that life evolves?
YOU HAVE OBSERVED LIFE EVOLVING??

Moves
26 Feb 07

Originally posted by twhitehead
As usual you have so far not even tried to prove you point but attempted to avoid doing so by reducing the thread into ridiculous argument about something else.

What my or your views on science, evolution, the big bang, abiogenesis are is totally irrelevant to the issue at hand.
You have claimed that abiogenesis violates the second law of thermodynami ...[text shortened]... why it doesn't and that therefore it necessarily violates the law. This is clearly false logic.
Do you honestly think that the singularity was less 'run down' than the universe is at present?

Cape Town

Moves
26 Feb 07

I have.

Cape Town

Moves
26 Feb 07

Do you honestly think that the singularity was less 'run down' than the universe is at present?
I don't remember saying anything about a singularity. Oh, I see, you are off on one of your side arguments again as you just cant admit when you are wrong.

Here is your claim: abiogenesis, the process whereby life arises from non-life, contradicts the second law of thermodynamics.

You have not said: we do not know if they contradict each other. You have specifically stated that they do. That means that either you are just guessing or you have a reason to make such a claim. If you have evidence then please present it. If not please admit that you don't.

This is totally independent of any other theory such as evolution, the big bang etc. If God made the world yesterday, and we put the right mix of chemicals in a pot and stirred and life appeared would the second law of thermodynamics have been violated an why?

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
26 Feb 07

No. Stop with the caps please.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
26 Feb 07

Yes of course. But where did the singularity comes from?
Don't know.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
26 Feb 07

Absolutely. All matter in the same spot is an extraordinarily low entropy state.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
26 Feb 07

Go figure.

http://www.nwu.ac.za/
I didn't know there were evangelicals in South Africa! I assumed you were American and I suspected you went to one of those unaccredited religious schools like Bob Jones University (BJ University hehehe).