1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 09:04
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    And the entire body of theoretical physics is in agreement with itself?
    yes, and that makes them much more probable to be right than you.
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 10:51
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    And the entire body of theoretical physics is in agreement with itself?
    Pretty much, especially the part which deals with time (relativity / Minkowski space-time).
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 11:07
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Pretty much, especially the part which deals with time (relativity / Minkowski space-time).
    Ok , I'm up for this. Explain how these concepts conflict with my ideas.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 11:08
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have noticed that whenever a question tto do with religion is raised, there are a number of theists quite ready to give a highly comprehensive answer with extreme confidence. Theists often sound extemely sure of themselves, even when what they are saying disagrees with all the other theists who are saying something different with equal confidence.
    In a ...[text shortened]... ent occasions yet sound equally confident both times.

Why are theists so sure of themeselves?
    Speaking for myself, it's because I know my maker.

There is one thing all theists can agree on. There is a creator. We disagree when, like all others, there is miscommunication of the truth.
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 11:55
    Originally posted by josephw

There is one thing all theists can agree on. There is a creator. We disagree when, like all others, there is miscommunication of the truth.
    Which one of you has the truth? I'd very much like to know, so as to avoid being lied to in the future.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 12:06
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Which one of you has the truth? I'd very much like to know, so as to avoid being lied to in the future.
    there is no absolute truth. also there is no spoon but that is another matter
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 12:18
    Originally posted by Starrman
    God has all the truth. God doesn't lie. Why should He?

But seriously. If there is a God, and the Bible is His word, then I'm your go to man. There may be some arrogance in that, but what else can I say? You're undoubtedly smarter than me. Better educated and all, but do you know the truth?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 12:21
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Yes there is. For example; relativism is a lie. There are no gray areas.

I gotta go now. I'll look in later.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 12:23
    But seriously. If there is a God, and the Bible is His word, then I'm your go to man.
    How does that work? Do you own the only "True" decoder ring?
  10. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 12:26
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Are you absolutely sure about the truth that there is no absolute truth? LOL 🙄
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 12:28

You are avoiding the question.
    I have no problem with you declaring with confidence "There is a God." What I find odd is when you claim with confidence to know intimate details about God and his plans, and yet you give a different set of details from every other equally confident theist.
    For you to display such confidence one would think that:
    1. You have evidence for your claims
    or
    2. The information has been communicated to you from a reliable source.
    or
    3. You are making it up and know it.
    If 1 or 2, then you should be able to defend your claims to other theists to the degree that they would agree with you and if they also are using 1 or 2 then one of you has bad evidence or an unreliable source.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 23:35
    How does that work? Do you own the only "True" decoder ring?
    Me and alot of others.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 23:37
    You are avoiding the question.
    I have no problem with you declaring with confidence "There is a God." What I find odd is when you claim with confidence to know intimate details about God and his plans, and yet you give a different set of details from every other equally confident theist.
    For you to display such confidence one would think that:
    1. You h ...[text shortened]... ou and if they also are using 1 or 2 then one of you has bad evidence or an unreliable source.
    "If 1 or 2, then you should be able to defend your claims to other theists to the degree that they would agree with you..."

That I can!
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 23:46
    I have noticed that whenever a question tto do with religion is raised, there are a number of theists quite ready to give a highly comprehensive answer with extreme confidence. Theists often sound extemely sure of themselves, even when what they are saying disagrees with all the other theists who are saying something different with equal confidence.
    In a ...[text shortened]... ent occasions yet sound equally confident both times.

Why are theists so sure of themeselves?
    The power of copy paste!
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Jun '08 01:11
    Me and alot of others.
    But, more people don't agree with you than do. When it comes to religious, or even a-religious, ideas, we're ALL minorities.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree