1. Joined
    06 Jun '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 14:13
    Originally posted by gambit3
    Fiddle faddle.
    Is that your carefully considered refutation? Back to school with you.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 09:20
    Originally posted by josephw
    Body- the vehicle which houses the soul and spirit. That includes the brain. It, the body, gives us world consciousness.

Soul- the seat of our identity, gives us self consciousness.

Spirit- this is where we think, and it gives us God consciousness.
    I still have many questions relating to how your ideas fit in with what I think I know about reality, such as the divisibility of the brain, animals abilities etc.

Most importantly, I want to understand how it appears that when the brain is affected, so is our conciousness, thoughts etc yet you simultaneously believe that an unaffected conciousness can continue without the brain after death.
    I want to understand how this seemingly contradictory continuity is possible.
  3. weedhopper
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 22:41
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Can he make a = not a ?
    Can he contradict himself?

The issue however is not really whether God can or cannot do anything but whether or not what you claim God will do, a) makes sense and b) he will actually do.
    No, the point IS whether or not God is omnipotent (i.e. can DO anything). Since He can, the other questions become moot.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree