1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 05:541 edit
    This post is simply here to show that many others are also aware of the puddle, lightning bolt and then supposed spontaneous life theory.

There are those who pretend dishonestly to hide the fact that the following theories have not been taught as truth by cheating science, but they have...... and the soup and the lightning bolt have been pushed down our throats for decades as the cause of life from cheating science and atheistic persons.........and the following is what has been given to us all for a long time from advocates still presenting this stuff to the gullible.

-------------------------------------------------

For nearly a century, evolutionists have been claiming, with dogmatic certainty, that the first life on earth appeared in a "primordial soup" consisting of water loaded with chemicals necessary for the start of life. This "warm little pond" was believed to have been struck by an electrical discharge (most likely from lightning) which caused the chemicals to form complex protein molecules, which eventually brought forth life. From this first life, evolutionists postulate, all other life evolved.

In 1953, the promoters of this "primordial soup" theory thought they had found proof when Stanley L. Miller, a graduate student at the University of Chicago, constructed an apparatus that supposedly re-created those early conditions. He circulated steam through a mixture of ammonia, methane, and hydrogen, and then sent a high-energy electrical spark through the mixture, in imitation of the hypothesized lightning bolt. He continued to do this for the span of one week, after which time his mixture became red and murky. It was found to contain complex amino acids — the essential building blocks of life. (1)

Numerous similar tests were carried out by other scientists after Miller’s experiment. Prof. A. Lee McAlester of Yale writes of them:

These studies have led scientists to visualize a time early in Earth history when the surface was covered with oceans or lakes that were rich in non-biologically produced molecules fundamental to life. The waters of these oceans or lakes have been often described as a ‘dilute organic soup,’ a concept first developed in the 1920’s and 1930’s by the English biologist J. B. S. Haldane and the Russian biochemist A. I. Oparin, pioneer workers on the origin of life. In the great burst of interest following Miller’s experiment, the ideas of Haldane and Oparin have been greatly expanded, and a number of speculative hypotheses now attempt to explain the development of the first self-duplicating organisms from the nonliving building blocks of the early organic soup. (2)

This theory has been sold to students, academics, and the general public as if it were infallible truth. However, there have been major problems with it. The first is that the presence of a scientist like Miller (who is now at the University of California, San Diego) is necessary to set up the system and add the external energy needed for the appearance of life. In other words, an outside Intelligent Designer, with a specific purpose in mind (i.e., the creation of life on a lifeless planet), is required for the theory to work. Miller’s experiment, then, did not disprove the need for a Creator; rather, it demonstrated that a Creator was precisely what was needed to "get things going."

Source the web.

It doesn't matter who said this .....but the fact remains there are many who are aware of this false theory presented by cheating science and taught as truth to the public.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 06:10
    Originally posted by Dasa
    It doesn't matter who said this ...
    It absolutely does matter, Dasa. And it says a lot about your problems with reaching people on this forum that you think it does not matter.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 06:152 edits
    Source the web.
    Source: Christian fundamentalist/creationist, Stephen Caesar who "...holds his master’s degree in anthropology and archaeology from Harvard University. He is the author of the e-book: The Bible Encounters Modern Science". http://www.creationism.org/caesar/primordial.htm

I asked for evidence of what YOU claimed 'science' says, not what some writer on the internet who agrees with you says.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 07:301 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Source: Christian fundamentalist/creationist, Stephen Caesar who "...holds his master’s degree in anthropology and archaeology from Harvard University. He is the author of the e-book: The Bible Encounters Modern Science". http://www.creationism.org/caesar/primordial.htm

I asked for evidence of what YOU claimed 'science' says, not what some writer on the internet who agrees with you says.
    FMF this theory of the soup was out there when I was going through
    school in the late 1950's and early 1960's at least. It could have been
    before this, but that is the time period that I remember hearing about it.

P.S. I found something on it.
    The "Primordial soup" theory is described in the Wikipedia article Abiogenesis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 07:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    FMF this theory of the soup was out there when I was going through
    school in the late 1950's and early 1960's at least. It could have been
    before this, but that is the time period that I remember hearing about it.

P.S. I found something on it.
    The "Primordial soup" theory is described in the Wikipedia article Abiogenesis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
    I think you are missig his point
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 09:16
    It dosn't matter if a fundamentalist is a Hindu, a Muslim, a Jew, or a Christian. Fundamentalism is more or less the same all over the world. "I am right and you are wrong!"
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 11:06
    Originally posted by FMF

So the lamenter of Christianity is posting literature from 'false religion' again. No wonder he wasn't keen to tell us where it came from.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 13:41
    Originally posted by FMF

The post is showing that the theory of the puddle and lightning bolt is known by many and taught by many.

Your false claim .....that it was not has been defeated.

Backgrounds of persons and their religious affiliations who comment on the subject - has nothing to do with the fact that this theory of the puddle and lightning bolt has been around for decades.

Your attacks about this - are baseless and whimsical from a person who is desperate to gain some edge and credibility in this forum - and you live in a imaginary world of a point scoring system - by the thoughtless continual discredit of everything spiritual - and by the constant and baseless discredit of spiritual truths and self knowledge..

You are a serial complainer and rejecter of all things spiritually true.

You are an atheist......... disguised as a theistic philosopher and false one at that.

Game over.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 13:48
    The post is showing that the theory of the puddle and lightning bolt is known by many and taught by many.

My request was for some substantiation or evidence that 'science' makes the claims that you claim it does.

You have found someone on the internet who agrees with you. That is not enough for you to establish your own credibility as a critic of 'science'.

Seeing as your whole religionist pitch about Vedic authority appears to depend on your claims about scientists lying about "puddles", it is in your own best interest to post a little bit more seriously and think about how you are coming across.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 13:48
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    So the lamenter of Christianity is posting literature from 'false religion' again. No wonder he wasn't keen to tell us where it came from.
    You have misunderstood the post and its meaning.

No you have not.......but you are sabotaging it on purpose.

It is of no consequence that the person quoting false science is Christian or otherwise.

The fact is .........the quotes about science are the essence of the thread and show how the puddle and lightning bolt have been taught by cheating science for decades..

The quotes ......are the reality of the position of false science.

It is established.

Your strawman complaint is only a throw off.....from the truth by a dishonest heart.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 13:49
    You are an atheist......
    As I have pointed out many times before, I am a theist. Not an atheist.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 13:49
    It is of no consequence that the person quoting false science is Christian or otherwise.
    So, you mean, not even you are safe?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 13:52

Backgrounds of persons and their religious affiliations who comment on the subject - has nothing to do with the fact that this theory of the puddle and lightning bolt has been around for decades ...[text shortened]... are an atheist......... disguised as a theistic philosopher and false one at that.

Game over.
    Right on! 😉
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 13:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    My request was for some substantiation or evidence that 'science' makes the claims that you claim it does.

You have found someone on the internet who agrees with you. That is not enough for you to establish your own credibility as a critic of 'science'.

Seeing as your whole religionist pitch about Vedic authority appears to depend on your claims about sc ...[text shortened]... st interest to post a little bit more seriously and think about how you are coming across.
    Game over.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 13:54
    Backgrounds of persons and their religious affiliations who comment on the subject - has nothing to do with the fact that this theory of the puddle and lightning bolt has been around for decades.
    In that case, why not cite the research of some prominent scientists from the last decade that propagates the "theory of the puddle and lightning bolt"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree