The Spirituality Forum's 'tag line'

The Spirituality Forum's 'tag line'

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
13 Jun 19

@sonship said
The way I see it, your suggestion channels all Spirituality discussion towards Humanism.
Why on Earth would you channel all your 'Spirituality discussion' towards Humanism?

F

Moves
13 Jun 19

@sonship said
Before the spirit and soul or man you have the creation. Where did that come from if man and his spirit and soul are nowhere to be found? Then we must talk about a maximal spirit or maximal soul or a maximal Person. But that maximal person is not a human being.
But all we have on this forum to discuss these things are human beings. There's nothing about my tagline that precludes talking about "the spirit" or the "soul" or "the creation" or "a maximal spirit" or a "maximal soul" or a maximal Person". It's all part of spirituality.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jun 19
1 edit

@FMF

Why on Earth would you channel all your 'Spirituality discussion' towards Humanism?

Are you getting confused? I wouldn't.

The present tag I think is adequate. And whoever thought it up did about as best as they could include the possibilities.
I don't think I need to say more about it.

Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after.

F

Moves
13 Jun 19

@sonship said
"Human non-material components verses material and physical things is the arena of discussion here. Your talk of God is somewhat out of the ball park. We assume there is only man involved in Spirituality."
You've put this in quotation marks. Who do you claim to be quoting here?

F

Moves
13 Jun 19

@sonship said
The present tag I think is adequate.
There so much more to spirituality than the supernatural, religion, and the afterlife.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jun 19

@FMF

But all we have on this forum to discuss these things are human beings. There's nothing about my tagline that precludes talking about "the spirit" or the "soul" or "the creation" or "a maximal spirit" or a "maximal soul" or a maximal Person". It's all part of spirituality.

Why do you want to change the tag line?
Why did you propose it and ask everybody if they would object or not?

Why do you consider your tag line an improvement?

F

Moves
13 Jun 19

@sonship said
And whoever thought it up did about as best as they could include the possibilities.
I have no doubt they did the best they could. I accept that. But I think it could be better.

F

Moves
13 Jun 19

@sonship said
Why do you want to change the tag line?
I don't. Did you not read what I posted on page 1?

F

Moves
13 Jun 19

@sonship said
Why do you consider your tag line an improvement?
Have you not read any of my posts on the first 4 pages of this thread??

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jun 19
1 edit

@FMF

There so much more to spirituality than the supernatural, religion, and the afterlife.

The phrase "general discussion" to me implies that.

Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after.

F

Moves
13 Jun 19

@sonship said
Are you getting confused?
Some of the questions you are asking me would suggest it is you who is getting confused.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jun 19
1 edit

@FMF

I have not read all of the submissions to this thread yet.

If you always read through all the submissions to any thread before you comment, that's a good practice.
Its better then what I do on long threads which I might not entirely read before I comment.

F

Moves
13 Jun 19

@sonship said
@FMF

The phrase "general discussion" to me implies that.
I disagree. "General discussion" of just three things that make up only a limited take on the scope of the topic of spirituality does not imply there is 'so much more to spirituality than those three things'. Quite the opposite, in fact.

F

Moves
13 Jun 19

@sonship said
@FMF

I have not read all of the submissions to this thread yet.
You should.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jun 19

@FMF

Obviously, "supernatural, religion, and the life after" encapsulates much narrower parameters.

General discussion implies to me things such as and including. We don't need a PERFECT tag line.

Religion, as you posted recently, covers all kinds of people espousing all kinds of ideas. That's what you told us.
Now you say it is narrow in its parameters. I don't think you can have it both ways.