1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 13:35
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Islam and Judaism and Christianity are big animal killers.....................and they are responsible for billions of animals being slaughtered every year. (and they talk of love and kindness)...........their talk is not matched by their deeds..
    Just to clarify, are you a Jainist? Does your abhorrence of killing extend to insects? (And if not, why not?)
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 07:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    Right, man is not considered a mere animal. In the Bible, man is set apart as being made in the image of God, therefore, it would be sinful.

However, what about you atheists? What if a human being, being the glorified animals they are, could be made to taste like bacon? Would you eat it?
    Why make it taste like bacon?
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 08:58
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Why don't you join the Klu Klux Klan?
    Whadaya mean, 'join'?
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 19:07
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Maybe you should have another look at that Bible of yours.
    You know that is not true...................and every Christian I have talked to defends meat eating.(and that condones animal slaughter)
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 19:111 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Just to clarify, are you a Jainist? Does your abhorrence of killing extend to insects? (And if not, why not?)
    If the devotee is walking down a path and there is a beetle crossing, the devotee will consciously avoid stepping on the beetle...........and that goes for all creatures.big and small.

We are not Janists (they are crackpots) who are seeking attention by wearing masks so they do not breath in anything.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 20:13
    If the devotee is walking down a path and there is a beetle crossing, the devotee will consciously avoid stepping on the beetle...........and that goes for all creatures.big and small.

We are not Janists (they are crackpots) who are seeking attention by wearing masks so they do not breath in anything.
    But surely, if life is precious, then all life is precious? Why wouldn't you wear a mask? Without it you eat about a pound or two of bugs (453 to 907 grams) every year of your life.

Does your religion teach that some life forms are less important and only deserving of minimal consideration?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 23:351 edit

Science has determined that eating certain bugs can be a good source of protein. In Christianity, our God has given us the freedom to eat a variety of nutritious plants and animas including bugs.

Even under Moses law certain bugs were allowed to be eaten for food.
    Leviticus 11:22
    Of these you may eat any kind of locust, katydid, cricket or grasshopper.

John the Baptist in the New testament ate certain bugs.]
    Now John himself had a garment of camel's hair and a leather belt around his waist; and his food was locusts and wild honey.

(Matthew 3:4)
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 23:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Science has determined that eating certain bugs can be a good source of protein. In Christianity, our God has given us the freedom to eat a variety of nutritious plants and animas including bugs.

Even under Moses law certain bugs were allowed to be eaten for food.
    Leviticus 11:22
    Of these you may eat any kind of locust, katydid, cricket or grass ...[text shortened]... leather belt around his waist; and his food was locusts and wild honey.

(Matthew 3:4)
    In Christianity, our God has given us the freedom
    Your God. Sort of appropriated and not anybody else's God? Can't make up your mind if you are a polytheist (they have their God) or just exclusive (they only get to have demons). Judaism is mostly polytheistic, with a tribal god and various lesser gods and the gods of other people like Baal. More recent versions seem to have stopped worrying too much about defining God at all, which seems prudent. Only Islam, as far as I can see, acknowledges that all the major religions (including Hindu) worship the same God in their various ways by virtue of separate revelations. Which makes Islam the only consistent and logical monotheist faith.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 02:05
    Originally posted by finnegan
    In Christianity, our God has given us the freedom
    Your God. Sort of appropriated and not anybody else's God? Can't make up your mind if you are a polytheist (they have their God) or just exclusive (they only get to have demons). Judaism is mostly polytheistic, with a tribal god and various lesser gods and the gods of other people like Baal ...[text shortened]... ue of separate revelations. Which makes Islam the only consistent and logical monotheist faith.
    The why don't you go join in on the Islamic Jihad?
  10. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 09:421 edit
    The why don't you go join in on the Islamic Jihad?
    For the same reason that most Muslims do not and would not join the Islamic jihad.

You on the other hand are a virulent advocate of violence and religious war.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 10:45
    Originally posted by finnegan
    For the same reason that most Muslims do not and would not join the Islamic jihad.

You on the other hand are a virulent advocate of violence and religious war.
    I am an advocate defensive war. 😏
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 19:12
    I am an advocate defensive war. 😏
    Like he said....
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 17:351 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Like he said....
    I am certain that you would be thankful, if I were to fight to defend your life in the event that ISIS were about to chop your head off. 😏
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 11:25
    I am certain that you would be thankful, if I were to fight to defend your life in the event that ISIS were about to chop your head off. 😏
    I would stop them from chopping YOUR head off also if I were able. That does not mean I am your friend. That is doing what is right regardless of how you feel towards a person.

I think you are a blind duped pig headed brainwashed one track mind assshole but I would still stop the Jihadists from taking off your alleged head.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 18:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I would stop them from chopping YOUR head off also if I were able. That does not mean I am your friend. That is doing what is right regardless of how you feel towards a person.

I think you are a blind duped pig headed brainwashed one track mind assshole but I would still stop the Jihadists from taking off your alleged head.
    How did you gain such a believe that to save my alleged head from be chopped off was the right thing to do even though you are not my friend?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree