The Thumbing Hymn

The Thumbing Hymn

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Jul 20

@secondson said
There's nothing confusing about what you believe. It's you that's confused for believing it.
Whatever. You have your opinion and that's fine...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Jul 20

@divegeester said
Why is this uncorroborated random claim by you in any way significant, or an affirmation that YOURS is the one true religion?
I would think it would be clear but I guess not. The clear point here is that most JW's used to be of other religions. For many reasons they were not satisfied with their church and that could include wanting more truths of the bible to be taught from their church that they knew they weren't getting.
FMF thinks he's the expert on where the JW's come from. He has no clue.

F

Moves
30 Jul 20

@galveston75 said
Sorry but your wrong, again.
No, you are mistaken. You should look into it. You won't find it discussed in The Watchtower or Awake though.

Moves
30 Jul 20
1 edit

@galveston75 said
Again, be careful about calling anyone a liar which is slander. It's is being noted...
But you calling me a son of the Devil is ok....?

PS I do think you’re lying by the way.

F

Moves
30 Jul 20

@galveston75 said
FMF thinks he's the expert on where the JW's come from. He has no clue.
Most JWs are the children of JWs. Most new members of the JW organization are recruited, not on the doorsteps, but from among their own children. You should research this. I suggest you do not rely on the materials published by your organization.

F

Moves
30 Jul 20

@galveston75 said
The clear point here is that most JW's used to be of other religions. For many reasons they were not satisfied with their church and that could include wanting more truths of the bible to be taught from their church that they knew they weren't getting.
Yes, some of the JW organization's new recruits every year are people from other denominations. No one is denying this. Your error is your use of the word "most".

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Jul 20

@divegeester said
But you calling me a son of the Devil is ok....?

PS I do think you’re lying by the way.
Again be careful. You are getting a clear warning so I'd take it serious.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Jul 20

@fmf said
Yes, some of the JW organization's new recruits every year are people from other denominations. No one is denying this. Your error is your use of the word "most".
Prove it.....

F

Moves
30 Jul 20
1 edit

@galveston75 said
Prove it.....
I feel no need to prove it to anyone, least of all to someone with a cultist's mind.

You have denied, in the past, that your organization has covered up sexual abuse of children despite being shown hundreds and hundreds of pages of findings and proof provided by Royal Commission investigations in both Australia and the UK.

If people here reading this think I am lying about what it is that's driving growth in your organization and who "most JWs" are [or were before they became JWs], then so be it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
31 Jul 20
1 edit

@fmf said
I feel no need to prove it to anyone, least of all to someone with a cultist's mind.

You have denied, in the past, that your organization has covered up sexual abuse of children despite being shown hundreds and hundreds of pages of findings and proof provided by Royal Commission investigations in both Australia and the UK.

If people here reading this think I am lying abou ...[text shortened]... growth in your organization and who "most JWs" are [or were before they became JWs], then so be it.
Oh my.... This is at least the 3rd time you've made accusations and I've asked for proof on these and you have yet to bring forth anything to back your statements.
You do realize that everyone else here see's these statements and how that makes you look which I'd say it looks really bad? But then you probably don't care....

F

Moves
31 Jul 20

@galveston75 said
You do realize that everyone else here see's these statements and how that makes you look which I'd say it looks really bad?
If pointing out that ~ contrary to what you claimed ~ MOST JWs are the children of JWs, and that children of JWs becoming JWs is the MAIN driver of growth in JW membership, if pointing this out makes me "look really bad", then that's OK by me.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
31 Jul 20

@fmf said
If pointing out that ~ contrary to what you claimed ~ MOST JWs are the children of JWs, and that children of JWs becoming JWs is the MAIN driver of growth in JW membership, if pointing this out makes me "look really bad", then that's OK by me.
I don't think your that dumb to not know what I said. You never show proof....

F

Moves
31 Jul 20
1 edit

@galveston75 said
I don't think your that dumb to not know what I said. You never show proof....
I do know what you said. And I do know what you said about proof. And this is what I said: I feel no need to prove it to anyone, least of all to someone with a cultist's mind.

Then I said this: You have denied, in the past, that your organization has covered up sexual abuse of children despite being shown hundreds and hundreds of pages of findings and proof provided by Royal Commission investigations in both Australia and the UK.

And then I said this: If people here reading this think I am lying about what it is that's driving growth in your organization and who "most JWs" are [or were before they became JWs], then so be it.

I don't see how this is "dumb" on my part.

F

Moves
31 Jul 20

@galveston75 said
Whatever. You have your opinion and that's fine...
If there is an article in The Watchtower that urges JW parents of, say, three or four children, to tell those children to go out into the world and seek their own path towards Christ, including the possibility of becomong JWs, or not, as the case may be, and urges those parents to respect and support any decision their children make, even if it is not to join the JWs, then please, by all means, provide a link to it.

Moves
31 Jul 20

@galveston75 said
Again be careful. You are getting a clear warning so I'd take it serious.
I think you’re lying about your reasons for not engaging with me in your blood thread.

You claim that the reason is because you don’t want to engage with me at all and yet you are writing me long posts in other threads

You’re an intellectual coward who is incapable of backing up the claims handed to him by his church leaders so you are ducking out of the debate with me and lying about your reasons.

There you go, so what happens now?