1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 05:361 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    If Suzy wants to embrace a theology that embraces abortion then have at it. I personally know of no church that does such a thing, but I'm sure they exist somewhere.

Abortion is like slavery. Deep down everyone knows its not ideal, even though they tolerate it.

I don't think even you embrace abortion, do you?
    So you've decided not to talk any more about taxation, ancient Hebrew tithes, Jesus' instructions, and the thread title/OP then?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 05:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you champion the ancient Hebrew tithe but you condemn the genocides ancient Hebrews committed? Is that what "I'll be damned if I stand up for genocide"?
    According to the Biblical account, the people Israel displaced were desperately wicked, so much so that they sacrificed their innocent children to the god Molech.

Funny how these people sacrificed their children to the gods. They did so to obtain fertility, prosperity, better crops, victory in war, etc., etc. It's not unlike people today killing their own offspring in the name of better prosperity and career convenience. After all, who can afford to raise kids these days?

Now if you wish to compare destroying the people the Bible mentioned to the innocent unborn then have at it.

As for justifying the conquest, I have no intention of doing so nor will I justify anyone who engages in it. Those that engage in such things can defend themselves.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 05:38
    Abortion is like slavery. Deep down everyone knows its not ideal, even though they tolerate it.
    Start a thread about it.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 05:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    "As for being damned"? Who are you referring to? Who is "damned"? What are you on about?
    For those who may be committing genocide, it would behoove them to not believe in damnation. It might help them sleep better at night.

After all, theology is what we want it to be, right FMF?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 05:42
    As for justifying the conquest, I have no intention of doing so nor will I justify anyone who engages in it. Those that engage in such things can defend themselves.
    Weren't the genocides the ancient Hebrews committed in accordance with what you see as "God's law" and indeed at His behest? It's all in your religious literature. You see no justification for it and won't defend it, and yet you think that the ancient Hebrews' tithe system was "God's law" on account of the fact that it was the system the ancient Hebrews happened to use? This is not especially coherent.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 05:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you've decided not to talk any more about taxation, ancient Hebrew tithes, Jesus' instructions, and the thread title/OP then?
    I've said my peace about it. It is you who are asking a hundred million questions unrelated to the OP. I've answered everything from what my favorite color is to how many times I bath a week then ask me why I don't stay on topic?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 05:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Weren't the genocides the ancient Hebrews committed in accordance with what you see as "God's law" and indeed at His behest? It's all in your religious literature. You see no justification for it and won't defend it, and yet you think that the ancient Hebrews' tithe system was "God's law" on account of the fact that it was the system the ancient Hebrews happened to use? This is not especially coherent.
    They were committed on what THEY perceived as God's law.

One day it will be revealed for what it really was.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 05:45
    For those who may be committing genocide, it would behoove them to not believe in damnation. It might help them sleep better at night.
    You said "As for being damned..." and then referred to yourself and me ~ "we". Neither of us "commit genocide". What are you on about?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 05:46
    I've said my peace about it. It is you who are asking a hundred million questions unrelated to the OP. I've answered everything from what my favorite color is to how many times I bath a week then ask me why I don't stay on topic?
    You seem evasive. If the verses from the Christian NT I cited don't apply to you in the reality of your life in this world, why would the ancient Hebrew tithe system from the OT apply to you and everyone around you in the same reality of the world?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 05:47
    They were committed on what THEY perceived as God's law.

One day it will be revealed for what it really was.
    Maybe the same can be said about their tithe system which you insist is "God's law".
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 05:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    You said "As for being damned..." and then referred to yourself and me ~ "we". Neither of us "commit genocide". What are you on about?
    All I'm saying is those who practice things that God might condemn should either repent or start a belief that there is no hell.

After all, one has to live with ones self.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 05:49
    After all, who can afford to raise kids these days?
    What are you on about?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 05:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Maybe the same can be said about their tithe system which you insist is "God's law".
    Ya got me there.

Enjoy your progressive tax laws everyone.

Well it's getting late, good night everyone.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 05:51
    All I'm saying is those who practice things that God might condemn should either repent or start a belief that there is no hell.
    But the genocides they committed ~ along with the tithe system ~ were in accordance with "God's law", weren't they? You have cited a flat tax tithe system as being, in your view, "God's law", have you not?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 05:55
    Enjoy your progressive tax laws everyone.
    It's interesting that you are unable to point out any injunction against progressive taxation by your God figure in scripture. Perhaps your opposition to it belongs in an arena where politics is discusssed?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree