1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 17:002 edits
    These verse capture much about the Triune God as Christ talks to His disciples just before His death and resurrection.

"But when He, the Spirit of reality comes, He will will guide you into all the reality;

for He will not speak from Himself, but what He hears He will speak;

and He will declare to you the things that are coming.

He will glorify Me, for He will receive of Mine and will declare it to you.

All that the Father has is Mine; for this reason I have said that He receives of Mine and will declare it to you." (John 16:13-15)

What the Father has is also the Son's possession. All that that Son has will be declared to the disciples by the Holy Spirit.

If you read carefully you can see that the Holy Spirit is just Jesus in another form Who behaves just like Jesus in the former form.

" ... for He will not speak from Himself, but what He hears He will speak ..."

Just like Jesus in the flesh -

" I can do nothing from Myself; as I hear, I judge, and My judgement is just, because I do not seek My own will but the will of Him who sent Me." (John 5:30)

"Then Jesus answered and said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, The Son can do nothing from Himself except what He sees the Father doing, for whatever that One does, these things the Son also does in like manner. " (John 5:19)

As Jesus lived the Holy Spirit lives.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 21:46
    You should consider a longer break.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 22:271 edit
    I see some new contributors to the Forum.
    ... good enough as a break.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 22:311 edit
    All that the Father has is Mine; for this reason I have said that He receives of Mine and will declare it to you." (John 16:13-15)

This is a nice concise window into the Trinity.

The Father is the source of the vast divine wealth.
    The Son embodies all this vast divine wealth.
    And the Holy Spirit is the conveyor, the transmitter of all this wealth to the people of God. And that forever ... unto eternity.

5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 22:34
    Sh****ke !! you lost me after the first line. I nearly dozed off instantly!! Is there a point to this thread which could sumized in a line or two please?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 22:494 edits
    It is to the ADVANTAGE of the disciples that Jesus go away and come again.

That is, it is expedient for them that the One who only was AMONG them outwardly, would now go to the cross (away) and come again in resurrection accomplishing eternal redemption.

THEN He is another form as the Holy Spirit could come to live WITHIN them to be their life.

A WONDERFUL expediency to the Triune God being only WITHOUT of them and AMONG them outwardly.

"But now I am going to Him who sent Me; and none of you asks Me, Where are You going?

But because I have spoken these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.

But I tell you the truth, It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you." (John 16:5-7)

Why is it expedient that Jesus go away?
    It is right there in the passage.

Why would sorrow fill their hearts ?

In spite of the sorrow at an absent Jesus, why does Jesus say the EXPEDIENT thing is that He DOES go away?

What will occur IF ... He goes away ?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 23:06
    Originally posted by @sonship
    It is to the ADVANTAGE of the disciples that Jesus go away and come again.

That is, it is expedient for them that the One who only was AMONG them outwardly, would now go to the cross (away) and come again in resurrection accomplishing eternal redemption.

THEN He is another form as the Holy Spirit could come to live WITHIN them to be their life.

A ...[text shortened]... esus say the EXPEDIENT thing is that He DOES go away?

What will occur IF ... He goes away ?
    Are you just oblivious to other people? Do you not understand common courtesy? You are painful and inconsiderate!! You're ideas are without venom, your truth has holes. You ride the same roller-coaster and expect the same result everytime.
    Jesus IS doing hard-core penance- I guaranntee you!!

You have summoned me into your life and now you shun me??

Behold sonnyboy!! I channel the Angel of Light. I have been redeemed!!
    Now, would you like to inform the forum of who the Angel of Light is? (hint: it rhymes with level )
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 01:59
    Are you just oblivious to other people?

sometimes with some people who have been corrected many times, ignoring them is the only thing one can do.
    What else can be done?

"A factious man, after the first and second admonition, refuse,

Knowing that such a one is perverted and is sinning, though he is condemned by his own self. " (Titus 3:10,11)

Some men here have received WAY beyond a first and second and third and ... an Nth admonition. I have to ignore some of them.

Do you not understand common courtesy?

Yes.

You are painful and inconsiderate!!

How so?

You're about to interject some nonsensical crazy talk which you think is going to be entertaining to someone.

I think the way you close out this post is painful and inconsiderate.

You're ideas are without venom, your truth has holes.

If you have read from me something incorrect about John 16 and the Father - Son - Holy Spirit as God - point it out.

Curiously, you gave your energy to lampooning.
    Are you competing with Monty Python or Comedy Central?

You ride the same roller-coaster and expect the same result everytime.

What I have written here about John 16, point out your objections.

Jesus IS doing hard-core penance- I guaranntee you!!

Here is where the cheap entertainment begins.

You have summoned me into your life and now you shun me??

Ignoring this kind of wild crazy showing off is probably the better thing to do.

Behold sonnyboy!! I channel the Angel of Light. I have been redeemed!!

Do you carry around with you a recording of canned laughter?

Now, would you like to inform the forum of who the Angel of Light is? (hint: it rhymes with level )

I would refer the Forum to false apostles who like Satan, transform themselves into sent ones of Christ yet are phony ministers of righteousness.

"For such ones are false apostles, deceitful workers, transfiguring themselves into apostles of Christ.

And no wonder, for Satan himself transfigures himself into an angel of light.

Therefore it is no great thing if also his ministers transfigure themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works." (2 Cor. 11:13-15)

I wouldn't play around with God's holy truth like you are doing, if I were you.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 02:212 edits
    I see some new contributors to the Forum.
    ... good enough as a break.
    sonship, I think the length of your break was determined by how long it took your posts ~ i.e. those about the "faeces" and "spreading germs" and "unclean dog natures" and "diseased minds" of people who have different perspectives from you but who take the time to engage you in debate and discussion nevertheless ~ to disappear from the top threads list and also maybe disappear from some people's memories.

Maybe you felt Jesus wanted you to ease off for a few weeks seeing as you had become a bit like a vituperative drunken troll. At one point you said you'd rather die than have a mind like some of the people you talk to here.

I think the length of your break was determined by how long you thought this kind of rancorous vanity posting took to fade from memory. You changed your name from jaywill to sonship for similar reasons: a sort of slate-wiping reset after getting all het up and poisonous about dissent and diversity that you found intolerable.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 02:37
    Originally posted by @fmf
    sonship, I think the length of your break was determined by how long it took your posts ~ i.e. those about the "faeces" and "spreading germs" and "unclean dog natures" and "diseased minds" of people who have different perspectives from you but who take the time to engage you in debate and discussion nevertheless ~ to disappear from the top threads list and also ...[text shortened]... termined by how long you thought this kind of rancorous vanity posting took to fade from memory.
    You're a spiteful, petty person.

The thread is about the Trinity. Try not to make it a 14 page issue about why the absence, if sonship is foolish enough to engage you, which hopefully he doesn't.

You were foaming at the mouth, waiting for today. Pity.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 02:401 edit
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    The thread is about the Trinity. Try not to make it a 14 page issue about why the absence, if sonship is foolish enough to engage you, which hopefully he doesn't.
    sonship suggested that his break was to do with him waiting for new contributors to come to the forum. I don't think it's true. He mentioned it. I am responding to it.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 02:41
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    You're a spiteful, petty person.
    And yet, I have never described sonship's beliefs as "faeces" or compared him to animals.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 02:57
    Are you just oblivious to other people?

sometimes with some people who have been corrected many times, ignoring them is the only thing one can do.
    What else can be done?

[b] "A factious man, after the first and second admonition, refuse,

Knowing that such a one is perverted and is sinning, though he is condemned by his o ...[text shortened]...

I wouldn't play around with God's holy truth like you are doing, if I were you.[/b]
    You wont even listen to my corrections in full. I promise to ignore you 🙂 (promises are meant to be broken)
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 13:016 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Oh!, you certainly can and will think whatever you want to think. The anonymity of the Internet annoys me really. It breeds monstrous cowardice and irresponsibility.

My name is Jack Wilmore and in my sonship Profile I plainly mention that I was jaywill before. Funny behavior for someone trying to conceal his Forum identity -

I use to be called jaywill.
    My God is the man Jesus.

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore

Speaking of mentioning who I am with no reservation, here's a link to a song I composed on John 16:20-22.
    Some of you may enjoy it.

"Truly, truly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy,

A woman when she gives birth, has sorrow because her hour has come; but when she brings forth the little child, she no longer remembers the affliction because of the joy that a man has been born into the world.

Therefore you also now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and no one takes your joy away from you." (John 16:20-22)

Find Album Weapons of Righteousness
    Find song Your Sorrow Will Be Turned Into Joy

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore/your-sorrow-will-be-turned-into-joy-john-1620-22
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 13:09
    Oh!, you certainly can and will think whatever you want to think. The anonymity of the Internet annoys me really. It breeds monstrous cowardice and irresponsibility.

My name is Jack Wilmore and in my [b]sonship
    Profile I plainly mention that I was jaywill before. Funny behavior for someone trying to conceal his Forum identity -

[quot ...[text shortened]... oy [/b]

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore/your-sorrow-will-be-turned-into-joy-john-1620-22[/b]
    Just calling it how I see it. You were making a complete fool of yourself before you stepped away for a few weeks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree