The Trinity...

The Trinity...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Your conclusion might be correct, but your reasoning is not.

There can exist something that is 100% dog and 100% animal without being two beasts. This is because the properties of animals are a subset of the properties of dogs.

So, an entity could be 100% God and 100% man if the characterizing properties of God or man were a subset of the characterizing properties of the other. This idea, actually, is not altogether unbiblical.
Fair enough, but trinitarians contend that three separate entities are one.
If Jesus is God, then He didn't really die. Only in part.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
24 Nov 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
The correct statement of the doctrine is that Jesus was fully man and fully God; i.e. he possessed all essential attributes of man and all essential attributes of God.
1) Does God have inessential attributes?

2) Did Jesus really know all true propositions (i.e., possess omniscience)? His cry on the cross suggests otherwise: "My God, My God -- Why have you abandoned me?" It seems he didn't know the answer to at least one question, falsifying his claim to omniscience, usually assumed to be an essential property of God.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
24 Nov 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
A child is 100% the child of his mother and 100% the child of his father. In this sense Jesus Christ is 100% human and 100% divine.
I don't mean to be thick, but the classical attributes of divinity differ substantially from the classical attributes of humanity. Or am I missing something?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
24 Nov 05

Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole

2) Did Jesus really know all true propositions (i.e., possess omniscience)? His cry on the cross suggests otherwise: "My God, My God -- Why have you abandoned me?"
The alternative--showmanship--is unpalatable, unless the Islamic version of events is correct.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
24 Nov 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
The alternative--showmanship--is unpalatable, unless the Islamic version of events is correct.
He always was a bit of a poser, that Jesus.

b

Moves
24 Nov 05

A child is 100% the child of his mother and 100% the child of his father. In this sense Jesus Christ is 100% human and 100% divine.
If you went through all the Scriptures and you still come to this point of view hmm....
Do you undestand GENESIS 2:24, where GOD speaks of a man and his wife being one? to you believe this statement to be true, in the full understanding of the statement?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
24 Nov 05
3 edits

Originally posted by kirksey957
I think it was Jung who postulated that the concept of the trinity was incomplete. The archetype for "wholeness" should have a fourth aspect and be a quaternity. He reasoned that the Catholic church's emphasis on Mary was the natural addition to the trinity as there needed to be an aspect of the feminine that was lacking in traditional "God languag ...[text shortened]... think there is more to his thought than this, but this is the essence of his thinking about it.
The fifth and last Marian dogma, which isn't a dogma yet: "The Lady Of All Nations, Co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix and Advocate".

http://www.post1.com/home/mary/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Petition:

The Holy See, Pope John Paul II

Piazza del S Uffizio, 1100193, Vatican City,

Rome, Italy.

Dear Holy Father: Pope John Paul II.

May Our Blessed Lady continue to envelope you, whom we love, with Her Holy Mantle.

From the Spring of 1945, until May, 1959, Our Blessed Lady appeared to Ida Peerdeman, of Amsterdam. During the course of fifty six apparitions, Our Lady asked to be called ‘The Lady Of All Nations. Co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix and Advocate’. This She said would become ‘the last Dogma in Marian History’.

As to the authenticity of the apparitions, Our Blessed Lady refrained from public tangible miracles or signs. Instead, Our Lady said that the authenticity would become clearer, in the messages themselves. Today, we see that many prophecies contained in the messages, given to Ida, have come true.

On April 22, 1984, following an eleven year investigation; Rome embraced with Her approval, the miracles and apparitions that took place in Akita, Japan. The approved miracles took place on a 3ft carved statue of ‘The Lady Of All Nations’.

On May 31, 1996; His Excellency Hendrik Bomers, Bishop of Haarlem, gave his nihil obstat, approving devotion to ‘The Lady Of All Nations.’

In the messages given to Ida Peerdeman, Our Blessed Lady says "Ask the Holy Father for this Dogma." With full loyalty to Rome and in obedience to Our Blessed Mother, I ask that Our Lady, Mary, be crowned as:

‘The Lady Of All Nations’

‘Co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix and Advocate.’

Yours Faithfully.

http://www.post1.com/home/mary/petition1.htm

b

Moves
24 Nov 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Alright, here is what I found in the website you referred which will explain everything to me.....

Q: "What about the doctrine of the Trinity, the Holy Trinity?"
our A: "Trinity" is a term that is not found in the Bible but a word used to describe what is apparent about God in the Scriptures. The Bible clearly speaks of God the Father, God ...[text shortened]... tely compelling about this website. It only reiterates all I have heard a thousand times before.
If you believe that GENESIS 2:24 to be true in the true sense of understanding than you may be almost there.
Do you believe that every word of THE WORD OF GOD,to be true? Do you really believe that the answer can be found in THE WORD OF GOD?
I only ask this because you said that a Soul may be saved.
This discussion may not go in a direction that you have gone before, but it will lead to Scriptual understanding of your question. It also may include undersanding of what The War between Good and Evil is all about.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
24 Nov 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
If you went through all the Scriptures and you still come to this point of view hmm....
Do you undestand GENESIS 2:24, where GOD speaks of a man and his wife being one? to you believe this statement to be true, in the full understanding of the statement?
I am confused. Do you believe in the Trinity, the Triune God ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Nov 05

The Doctrine of the Double Nature of Christ.

http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=123

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
24 Nov 05

I don't mean to be thick, but the classical attributes of divinity differ substantially from the classical attributes of humanity. Or am I missing something?
Please explain what you are trying to say.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
24 Nov 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
Uuuh ..... yes .... but what you are trying to say isn't very clear to me. Could you please elaborate ?

l

London

Moves
24 Nov 05

2) Did Jesus really know all true propositions (i.e., possess omniscience)? His cry on the cross suggests otherwise: "My God, My God -- Why have you abandoned me?" It seems he didn't know the answer to at least one question, falsifying his claim to omniscience, usually assumed to be an essential property of God.
1. By essential attributes, I mean attributes that are of the essence of God (not in the sense of necessary attributes).

a. I think the definition of omniscience you use is untenable because one can construct some silly proposition like "God does not know this proposition" or some such. Omniscience is perhaps better understood as 'maximal knowledge'.
b. His cry on the cross need not be interpreted as a cry of ignorance, but a cry of anguish emanating from his human nature.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
24 Nov 05

Jesus Christ is 100% (fully) man and 100% (fully) God. Jesus Christ did not only reveal true God to man, he also revealed true man to man. He taught us how to become true human beings fulfilled in relationship with God.

You should see your remarks in the above perspective.

b

Moves
24 Nov 05

I am confused. Do you believe in the Trinity, the Triune God ?
Yes