1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 05:18
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    When people come to your door, offering you something that is absolutely FREE! - do you believe them? Do you actually think it is free?!

Of course not. Same goes for what you're peddling to us.
    "When people..."

The offer of a free gift is being made by God.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 05:19
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Beliefs are genetically transmitted?
    Reached through evaluation of evidence.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 05:19
    "When people..."

The offer of a free gift is being made by God.
    No; it's being made by you. Your name is on the posts. God doesn't have a handle on RHP. (Other than "Russ"😉.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 05:22
    He's not here to "sell" anything; rather to provide accurate information about a free gift to those who may be interested.
    How can this be a free "gift", when not accepting it will result in the intended recipient spending ETERNITY burning in an incinerator? Hardly a gift is it, more of a forced choice.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 05:23
    Reached through evaluation of evidence.
    Okay. And does the "evaluation of evidence" include a sorting process of rejection and selection of beliefs?
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 05:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How can this be a free "gift", when not accepting it will result in the intended recipient spending ETERNITY burning in an incinerator? Hardly a gift is it, more of a forced choice.
    Exactly. It's a gun to the head. The free gift is being able to freeze and avoid being shot.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 05:24
    Okay. And does the "evaluation of evidence" include a sorting process of rejection and selection of beliefs?
    No. Evaluation of evidence comes before the belief is formed.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 05:271 edit
    Ok guys listen up, you are all already dead but I've provided a way out if you are interested.

Is a universe away from;

Ok guys listen up, you are all already dead but I've provided a way out if you are interested with one caveat; if you don't take it I'm going resurrect you and burn you in an incinerator for all eternity.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 05:38
    Ok guys listen up, you are all already dead but I've provided a way out if you are interested.

Is a universe away from;

Ok guys listen up, you are all already dead but I've provided a way out if you are interested with one caveat; if you don't take it I'm going resurrect you and burn you in an incinerator for all eternity.
    Yeah. Don't they notice that the same being is doing the destroying AND the saving? Isn't that a little demented?

He creates billions of creatures, and gives them a moral sense, but his creation, according to him, is 100% flawed; unacceptable.

Yet it is the created beings who are to blame; not the designer.

But he remains disappointed. So he sets up hell and makes himself judge over it. He decides who goes there, and who gets pardoned.

And because he pardons some of them, he is called 'merciful'. Those who were not pardoned still get 100% of the blame, both for their earthly actions, and the ridiculously overblown punishment, of which, no matter how many eons of time they serve, they are only just beginning their sentence.

By now we are in full-blown bizarro-land. Bizarro-mercy ensures a sizeable bit of the population is condemned. Bizarro-justice gives them all the same 'one size fits all' punishment, regardless of the severity and frequency of their crimes. Bizarro-love gives up on the many lost souls after a mere 100 years of trying. (OK, 1000 for the people in the Bible who allegedly lived that long. Still, such a short amount of time for trying to save them.) Bizarro-compassion ensures that maximal suffering is inflicted on the damned.

It would all be so forgettable and laughable if there were not so many who took it so seriously.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 05:50
    "I'm not in the habit of promoting stuff (other than my own opinions), but for anyone interested I found this book a blessing. I know the author, not well as he is a friend of my parents; but I have met the man and found him to be a fellow seeker and struggler. He also has a great strength. Copies of his unpretentious account of his life with Christ are free of charge. I recommend a read." http://www.godsdonkey.com Thread 157748 "God's Donkey" would know how this "gift" can be a free.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 05:54
    No. Evaluation of evidence comes before the belief is formed.
    Thank you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree