1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 21:02
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Because your decision about Christ is the most important decision of your life. You choose your own eternal future. If you do not believe in Christ, you will remain outside of God's family and never share His eternal life and perfect happiness. For those who do believe in Christ, God offers a life of meaning, purpose and destiny. I want the best for you and your family.
    the mumbo jumbo didn't answer my question.
    Why do you not want me and my family suffering for eternity?

Surely if we do it is god's call?

Don't you trust him to make the right decisions?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 21:201 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

Originally posted by wolfgang59
    [Because I care about you and your wife and new baby.]

[God is a gentleman; He respects human free will. To presume to blame Him for your rejection is a colossal cop out.]

[Of course. God already has offered you the free gift of eternal life and personal relationship with Himself.]

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby Thread 156452 (Page 2)

1.26. An alternative address awaits all who reject Christ’s agonizing substitutionary spiritual death on their behalf: the Lake of Fire, sharing the final destination of the devil and his angels. It's an endless nightmare of suffering and pain; a place of eternal torment and hopelessness: "And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever." (Revelation 20:10b) "And if anyone's name was not found written in the Book of Life, he was thrown into the Lake of Fire." (Revelation 20:15)

1.27. Christ took our place and accepted the punishment of separation from God the Father during those final three hours of the crucifixion. His finished work atoned for the sins of all mankind; and in doing so propitiated (satisfied) the Righteousness and Justice of God. All who reject God's Grace Gift are without hope and without eternal life. “God demonstrates His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died as a substitute for us.” (Revelation 20:10b)

1.28. God respects our volition. He has given us the freedom to make our own uncoerced individual choice with respect to the person and finished work of Jesus Christ. By a simple act of faith we can have eternal life: “He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3: 16b)

1.29. It’s a private decision. No one else can make it for us nor has the right to force us to make any decision in this matter. In the privacy of your own soul, you too can simply tell God the Father you are believing in Jesus Christ. In that moment, your eternal future will be assured. You will have eternal life; you will share an eternal relationship with God and live with Him forever in heaven. Faith alone in Christ alone is salvation! Choice is yours.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 22:48
    Because your decision about Christ is the most important decision of your life. You choose your own eternal future. If you do not believe in Christ, you will remain outside of God's family and never share His eternal life and perfect happiness. For those who do believe in Christ, God offers a life of meaning, purpose and destiny. I want the best for you and your family.
    You don't choose to believe things.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 23:01
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    SG, please explain your rationale for the statement: "You don't choose to believe things." without blaming your parents.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 00:01
    SG, please explain your rationale for the statement: "You don't choose to believe things." without blaming your parents.
    Try 'choosing' to believe Thor exists and creates thunder with his hammer.

Then even you might understand.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 00:04
    I've explained it many times. It didn't take then, and it won't take now.

On this forum, I have never blamed my parents for anything except my lack of education on the theory of evolution.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 00:10
    I've explained it many times. It didn't take then, and it won't take now.
    If memory serves, Grampy Bobby has asked you the same thing more than once ~ relatively recently ~ and has for all intents and purposes ignored what you've said each time.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 01:30
    Who then chooses the things you believe?
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 04:58
    Who then chooses the things you believe?
    No one.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 05:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    If memory serves, Grampy Bobby has asked you the same thing more than once ~ relatively recently ~ and has for all intents and purposes ignored what you've said each time.
    If he acknowledged it, what fun would that be? He'd lose his main selling point for his religion.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 05:08
    No one.
    Beliefs are genetically transmitted?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 05:09
    If he acknowledged it, what fun would that be? He'd lose his main selling point for his religion.
    He's not here to "sell" anything; rather to provide accurate information about a free gift to those who may be interested.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 05:11
    One of Grampy Bobby's [apparently] favourite and thus most hackneyed quotations is Pascal's "If I believe in the Risen Christ and it's just an artful falsehood, there is nothing to lose. If true, then I have everything to gain." Perhaps when Grampy Bobby talks about "choosing" to believe in Christ he means "choosing" to say and pretend to believe in Christ despite believing it to be "just an artful falsehood"?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 05:14
    He's not here to "sell" anything; rather to provide accurate information about a free gift to those who may be interested.
    You are a head-down, ears-back proselytiser. "Selling" is almost all you ever do on this forum.
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 05:151 edit
    When people come to your door, offering you something that is absolutely FREE! - do you believe them? Do you actually think it is free?!

Of course not. Same goes for what you're peddling to us.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree