1. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 07:18
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Also can you explain to me this testimony of Muslims that have had dreams and visions of Jesus in place that never have heard of him and he tells them to go to a place to meet christians that God sends and then that christian tells that Muslim how to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus.
    What are you talking about here?

If you're saying (I genuinely don't understand - I'm supposing that you're saying) that because some Muslims decided to convert to Christianity, Christianity is therefore the inherently superior religion?
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 08:09
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    It is silly because you are asking stupid rhetorical questions. The Ten Commandments, Thou shalt NOT kill. Duh
    You're lying and dishonest as usual.
    My question is not rhetorical because thousands and thousands of young people are meeting with death as a result of sickness and accidents every year, so it is a real life situation......because we are told by the Christians that all those young persons go straight to the Christian heaven.

So therefore my question is very serious, but it sounds comic because how do i ask it other than the way I did.

The Christians teach falsely that everyone has one life, but this is absurd to go from complete sinner to pure love of God in one life.

That would condemn 99.9% of the population.....see what I am saying?

No one would actually go to their Christian heaven at all.

We even find most elders in the church and Bishops and Cardinals and priests,being implicated in pedophilia and alcoholism and animal cruelty, which are impure activities.

If these big leaders are impure and therefore banned from heaven to go to hell, then what speak of the poorly public who are not nearly at the dazzling heights of purity, of the leaders.

No one is going to heaven.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 14:571 edit
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    What are you talking about here?

If you're saying (I genuinely don't understand - I'm supposing that you're saying) that because some Muslims decided to convert to Christianity, Christianity is therefore the inherently superior religion?
    Well I am saying how do muslims have dreams and visions of Jesus without ever hearing of who he is? Youtube it and you will probably find some testimony or google it too.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 15:07
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    My question is not rhetorical because thousands and thousands of young people are meeting with death as a result of sickness and accidents every year, so it is a real life situation......because we are told by the Christians that all those young persons go straight to the Christian heaven.

So therefore my question is very serious, but it sounds comic b ...[text shortened]... are not nearly at the dazzling heights of purity, of the leaders.

No one is going to heaven.
    If you want to call it the christian heaven then that is cool whatever, but you don't go to heaven by works it is the saving grace of God that gets you there. And these people you speak of are probably fasle converts. Try youtube and look up fasle converts and you might understand me. And according to the Bible people have been around for about 6000 years. So how could someone have a second chance that way of coming back as someone else?
    Also the bible talks about the future so therefore God already knows how is saved and who is not.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 15:56
    If you want to call it the christian heaven then that is cool whatever, but you don't go to heaven by works it is the saving grace of God that gets you there. And these people you speak of are probably fasle converts. Try youtube and look up fasle converts and you might understand me. And according to the Bible people have been around for about 6000 years. So ...[text shortened]... so the bible talks about the future so therefore God already knows how is saved and who is not.
    People dont come back as someone else.

When they die ( loose their rotting body) the soul which they are is born into a different body, and they live a new life.

Same soul different body.

I have never said you go to heaven by works.

I said you go back to Godhead by living the spiritual life and following the process of purification described in Vedanta Sutra

The doing part is to stop sinning, and perform devotional activities for purification.

Buckets and buckets of blood, will not make you pure.

Living the spiritual life will make you pure,..... not blood.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 16:50
    People dont come back as someone else.

When they die ( loose their rotting body) the soul which they are is born into a different body, and they live a new life.

Same soul different body.

I have never said you go to heaven by works.

I said you go back to Godhead by living the spiritual life and following the process of purification described i ...[text shortened]... blood, will not make you pure.

Living the spiritual life will make you pure,..... not blood.
    that is one of the first lies satan said was that you will be like God.
  7. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 17:12
    that is one of the first lies satan said was that you will be like God.
    ?

Isn't there a huge emphasis about being "Christ like" in the new testaments? Is this, too, a lie?
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 17:463 edits
    Originally posted by ua41
    ?

Isn't there a huge emphasis about being "Christ like" in the new testaments? Is this, too, a lie?
    you misunderstand because you are not lead by the spirit in your understanding of it. I dont see in the Bible it saying that? i looked it up on google this is being like Christ but it is not by your power as people think as being like a God it is by Christ power in you.

Matthew 10:8
    "Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give."
  9. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 18:05
    you misunderstand because you are not lead by the spirit in your understanding of it. I dont see in the Bible it saying that? i looked it up on google this is being like Christ but it is not by your power as people think as being like a God it is by Christ power in you.

Matthew 10:8
    "Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give."
    It seems to me that the verse is calling for action. There is responsibility. It seems to be a flow- receive and give. That's jesus nature. To work on it, you need to freely give (general compassion). He doesn't make you christ like- he can do so much in meeting you half way, setting up the conditions and giving the initial love etc., but that doesn't mean we are without labor to fulfill it. It requires our effort to reach out and meet him back.
  10. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 19:451 edit
    Well I am saying how do muslims have dreams and visions of Jesus without ever hearing of who he is? Youtube it and you will probably find some testimony or google it too.
    Do you think alleged testimony of a handful of Muslims justifies the assertion that Islam is inherently inferior to Christianity?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 20:17
    There is such thing as Truth.

John 18:37
    “You are a king, then!” said Pilate. Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”
    nope, they're just words.
    The closest you'll come to truth is to keep quiet about it.

"Look, a butterfly, oh how true" ....😛
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 20:25
    Originally posted by ua41
    It seems to me that the verse is calling for action. There is responsibility. It seems to be a flow- receive and give. That's jesus nature. To work on it, you need to freely give (general compassion). He doesn't make you christ like- he can do so much in meeting you half way, setting up the conditions and giving the initial love etc., but that doesn't mean we are without labor to fulfill it. It requires our effort to reach out and meet him back.
    Perfectly explained..... thank you.

And may I add, that it was said by Jesus that to have potency or power, one has to DO two things, what are they?

Fasting and prey.

Theses are clearly doing things, are they not?

And like wise the Vedic teaching are asking the person on the spiritual path to do something, what are they?

1. Prey
    2. Give up sin.
    3. Live purely
    4 Study the spiritual instruction.
    5. serve the cause of God.

These things are not works, but activities to raise the consciousness to the transcendental platform.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 20:41

And may I add, that it was said by Jesus that to have potency or power, one has to DO two things, what are they?

Fasting and prey.

And like wise the Vedic teaching are asking the person on the spiritual path to do something, what are they?

1. Prey
    2. Give u ...[text shortened]... things are not works, but activities to raise the consciousness to the transcendental platform.
    He didn't say anything about preying. I think he was saying Praying?
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 20:51

Fasting and prey.

1. Prey
    2. Give u ...[text shortened]... things are not works, but activities to raise the consciousness to the transcendental platform.
    ...or just get enlightened.

Some of us are lazy and see only one aim.

But we're all climbimg the same mountain, right?
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 21:23
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    But we're all climbimg the same mountain, right?[/b]
    But they all have dead ends.

Proverbs 14:12
    There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death.
    Proverbs 16:25
    There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death.
    It is so importent to know this that it was said twice.

Jesus says he is the only way and we all know the verse but i will post it anyways.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

If you go after a woman and you are married to someone else or even if you are not married.
    Proverbs 2:18
    Surely her house leads down to death and her paths to the spirits of the dead.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree