1. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Aug '16 13:30
    Originally posted by sonship
    I do a lot of "interesting" things I hear.

I don't pay much attention to graphic faces or thumbs up or down. rightly or wrongly. I am old fashion.

These things too often just go unnoticed by me. I hone in on written words. As I write this sentence I honestly do not know how many "up thumbs" or "down thumbs" have been indicated.

Sometimes I get a ...[text shortened]... ople with "brown nosing" or being "sycophants" or any of you other salacious frustrated attacks.
    Well Paul was talking about preachers like yourself, since you do not subscribe to the teachings of Jesus. You claimed that following his teachings are not required at all.
  2. Joined
    15 Dec '13
    Moves
    01 Aug '16 16:251 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you believe that people who have been "saved", who have passed on from this life and attained "salvation" in the afterlife, can still be punished or disciplined for things?

The reason I ask is because you said this:

"...using the name "Jesus Christ" like a curse word cannot result in innocence on the day of judgment - 'I will not hold guiltless him who takes His name in vain.' "
    This is sonship from gswilm's home:

There is the church age.
    And there is the eternal age of the new heaven and new earth.
    In the eternal age there is apparently no more need for the perfecting of God's sons.

Between the church age and the eternal age there is an preliminary 1,000 year millennial kingdom. I have pointed this out many, many times.

At the second coming of Christ the eternal age does not immediately commence. And during that intervening time of His reigning on earth for a thousand years, some of His children will be under His perfecting.

The flavor the Father's discipline of His own children will have a different taste during that time. God knows that after receiving the grace not all His saved people will cooperate with that grace for their perfecting. So God established the millennial kingdom following the second coming of Jesus, as an incentive reward.

Generally speaking, the realm apart from the glorious reign of Jesus where under developed Christians will go is called the outer darkness.

In the outer darkness disciplines of varied degrees and of varied scope will be the portion of the sons of God which still require discipline rather than reward.

The worldly wise judge has a wide scope of remedies he or she can apply to an offender. There is no reason why I should assume that God's hands are somehow tied and the Judge of all mankind cannot dispense the appropriate level of discipline as it is needed to perfect His sons.

The difference between the outer darkness and eternal perdition is that the former is for correction, perfection, education that His sons may mature to be like Jesus. The eternal perdition is purely a matter of punishment - retribution. There appears no hope that God embarks to correct that which will NOT be corrected.

I explained briefly how the two matters differ.
    How are the two the same ?

Out of the mouth of Jesus both are described as a destiny of "weeping and gnashing of teeth" as far as my study goes. So that both are unpleasant to the fallen man seems apparent.

The Apostle Paul speaks of losing a reward and suffering loss yet being saved as through fire. The scope, I feel, is as wide as God needs.

The former "outer darkness" is temporary not exceeding a thousand years. The latter eternal punishment is forever.

Usage of "judgment" was not specific by me. There is more than one judgment from God to people. The judgment of Christians is before the millennial kingdom. The judgment of all the dead and the unbelievers is after the millennial kingdom.

One of the best books I know on this subject is not too long but very explanatory. [b}D.M. Panton's - The Judgment Seat of Christ [/b].

Of course Watchman Nee and Witness Lee are superb in their insights into this subject. But I thought for those thinking I read nothing else besides Nee and Lee, I would recommend something else this time.

Now that I have spend the bulk of effort on your question FMF, - You care about this ? Or, a flip thou givest not ?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Aug '16 23:01
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Interesting that your post was ill-formed and the title was wrong, yet someone thumbs upped all your posts in this thread and thumbs downed all others. Its either you have a lot of brainless sycophant followers out there or you did it yourself via another account. I think I can guess who does that kind of thing.
    There is someone out there thumbing names and not posts
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Aug '16 23:03
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    There is someone out there thumbing names and not posts
    Nicely put. Maybe that person cannot read too well 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree