1. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 04:07
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    have you not looked at Vedanta Sutra?

If yes, do you accept and follow?
    Yes I have. And no, I don't accept and I don't follow.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 12:373 edits
    Dont be dishonest and disagree..........death is an illusion and the church sells death to frighten the people.
    My regards to the illusionists. The bit about the corpse being lowered into the ground was this kicker!!

You illusionists just crack me up!! 😵 (No pun intended)
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 13:31
    When my subscription comes up for renewal, I may take a break from RHP......so your wish shall come true in good time.

I still dont know what your stand is on God and this existence we all are experiencing together

Do you know why you are alive?

Do you know what your purpose is?

How did everything come to be?

Why do we suffer in this world? ...[text shortened]... you not looked at Vedanta Sutra?

If yes, do you accept and follow?

What is your stand Sir?
    May I answer some of these questions ?

=====================================
    I still dont know what your stand is on God and this existence we all are experiencing together
    =================================

God had mercy on me and gave me the ability to believe in Jesus Christ the Son of God.

He had mercy on me and opened my heart and my spiritual eyes and I receive Jesus as my Lord and Savior.

=========================
    Do you know why you are alive?
    ==========================

To "build" an entity called New Jerusalem which is the mingling of God and man, the living eternal temple of the Triune God for God's expression and man's enjoyment.

I exist for the building up of the New Jerusalem symbolically depicted in the 21rst and 22nd chapter of the book of Revelation in the Bible.

That is why my heart beats. That is why I breath. That is why I was born and came into existence - for New Jerusalem.

Praise God!

======================
    ========================

To me a partaker of the divine nature in my Redeemer Jesus Christ for the mingling and blending of God and man, through God's love and our enjoyment.

======================
    ========================

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." (Gen. 1:1)

He created all things for His eternal purpose to have sons - partakers of the divine nature for His expression in man and man's enjoyment.

======================
    Why do we suffer in this world?
    =======================

Temporarily, there is another will in the universe in opposition to the will of God.
    The emergence of that additional will is the cause of all the suffering.

One day that additional will will be destroyed and only the will of God will prevail for eternity.

===================
    Has science become God?
    ====================

To some people science has become an idol. It has not replaced God to me.

It has its place though. And I do not despise it.

==============================
    Do you welcome disease old age and death?
    ===============================

No. But in disease, old age and even in death, I intend to continue to fellowship and enjoy Christ my Savior.

I only want to enjoy God through these things. Of course I do not look for them. For they will come, probably, of their own accord.

My hope that each will only go to encrease my enjoyment of Christ.

==============================
    Is there knowledge anywhere to give us these answers?
    ================================

The word of God - the Bible. But we have to open ourselves. And we have to be forgiven of our sins.

Our sins have made a separation between us and God. But God has made provision for that obstacle in the redemption of Christ.

=======================
    If no, have you not looked at Vedanta Sutra?
    ========================

Not much.

The living testimony of Jesus Christ occupies most of my exploration time. I simply hardly have enough time to explore all the unsearchable riches of Christ.

And there is no one in the books of eastern religions that can compare or compete with what Jesus Christ is.

There may be some good wisdom there. But no one is like Jesus Christ. No one.

He not simply spoke wisdom. He demonstrated victory over sin and death.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 18:55
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    He wants to stop posting. I support him. And it's a public forum.
    Drop it. People change their minds on a minute by minute basis. Are you saying Vishva is exempt from this trait?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 19:00
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Lemme try...
    [b]Do you know why you are alive?

My mum and dad had sex, the former gave birth to me.

As I write this, my purpose is to finish this reply.

Don't know.

Why do we suffer in this world?
    Because some things are painful! I remember stubbing my toe a ...[text shortened]... nd follow?[/b]
    N/A

What is your stand Sir?
    On two legs.

Hope this helps :][/b]
    How do you know the universe is linear? (based on your responses, it would seem you subscribe to a linear unverse only)
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 20:40
    Well, I find you asking me this - despite me having posted on this very topic perhaps 150 times within the last 2-3 weeks, on this forum - rather unsuprisingly reveals you to be oblivious yet again.
    You play mind games, and thats why you are in this forum.....I just realized it.
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 20:432 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    How do you know the universe is linear? (based on your responses, it would seem you subscribe to a linear unverse only)
    Would you care to define your terms? What do you mean, given your 'spiritual' slant on things, by "linear universe" (and it's negation: a non-linear universe)?
  8. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 23:38
    Drop it. People change their minds on a minute by minute basis. Are you saying Vishva is exempt from this trait?
    I am saying that he has expressed a desire to stop posting - for glaringly obvious reasons - and I am saying that it I support his decision to do so.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 00:17
    "Sins" means separation or "eclipsing" of god.
    Yes, sin is separation from God (the illusion of separation anyway) and it is the biggest error.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 00:22
    I am saying that he has expressed a desire to stop posting - for glaringly obvious reasons - and I am saying that it I support his decision to do so.
    What are these glaringly obvious reasons?.....and dont fabricate please.
  11. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 00:31
    What are these glaringly obvious reasons?
    You stated it yourself clearly. You said that all [or perhaps you meant 'too many of'] the posters here are "dishonest". As a result, you said, your posting here was going to end.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Dec '10 04:451 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Would you care to define your terms? What do you mean, given your 'spiritual' slant on things, by "linear universe" (and it's negation: a non-linear universe)?
    Well our relations with eachother (here on the net) are linear, so I couldn't really elaborate any furthur.

Unfortunately my reply is the boring: "Go inside and find the non-linear universe by yourself."
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Dec '10 04:50
    And I dont think his reasons are 'glaringly obvious'.

Heck, I almost feel like championing Vishva as a voice of truth on this forum. You've repeated your point 3 times now. I get it.
    But still...drop it
    (but you have right of reply,of course)
  14. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    19 Dec '10 04:52
    The quote " the wages of sin is death" keeps coming up in this forum.

So what does this mean?

We are a spiritual being in the machine, and we are eternal by our very nature, so when we dont take to spiritual living, we stop spiritual progress and only have to take re-birth in this world again and again.

Sin means error, and when we sin it keeps ...[text shortened]... n the spiritual world.

It is clear now that there is actually no death at all for the soul.
    Sorry to tell ya this but there is only one shot at this old life.

Hebrews 9:27 (NKJV)
    27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,

Once it is over, it is over, no coming back to see if you can get it right.
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    19 Dec '10 04:53
    The wages of sin is death, and we are all one day closer to payday.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree