1. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    17 Oct '09 03:02
    nobody knows anything for sure in this forum.

    It's just one big argument.

    I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with us.

    Fighting, insulting, belittling, altercate, bandy, battle, bicker, break with, buck, bump heads, contend, cross swords, disagree, dispute, face down, face off, feud, gang up on, get in one's face, hammer away, hash over, hassle, have at each other, have at it, jump on, knock around, lock horns, mix it up, pettifog, pick an argument, put up a fight, put up a struggle, quarrel, quibble, rehash, row, sass, set to, sock it to, squabble, stick it to, talk back, wrangle, etc.

    Why can't we just be friends? :'(

    When did we learn to do this? 😳
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    17 Oct '09 03:10
    Originally posted by josephw
    nobody knows anything for sure in this forum.

    It's just one big argument.

    I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with us.

    Fighting, insulting, belittling, altercate, bandy, battle, bicker, break with, buck, bump heads, contend, cross swords, disagree, dispute, face down, face off, feud, gang up on, get in one's face, hammer away, hash over, ...[text shortened]... ck, wrangle, etc.

    Why can't we just be friends? :'(

    When did we learn to do this? 😳
    we can be friends, for example there are many athiests who i consider my friends, black beetle, proper noobster, rwingett, swissgambit etc, many Christians who have opposing theological ideas, Deucer, Manny, thinkofone, knightmeister, yourself, and one friend who shares the same , a Texan perchance. simply because we do not agree does not mean we cannot be agreeable.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    17 Oct '09 03:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    , many Christians who have opposing theological ideas, Deucer, Manny, thinkofone, knightmeister, yourself, and one friend who shares the same , a Texan perchance. simply because we do not agree does not mean we cannot be agreeable.[/b]
    :'(
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    17 Oct '09 03:321 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    :'(
    sorry mate, and Whodey as well 🙂
  5. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    17 Oct '09 03:54
    Originally posted by josephw
    nobody knows anything for sure in this forum.

    It's just one big argument.

    I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with us.

    Fighting, insulting, belittling, altercate, bandy, battle, bicker, break with, buck, bump heads, contend, cross swords, disagree, dispute, face down, face off, feud, gang up on, get in one's face, hammer away, hash over, ...[text shortened]... ck, wrangle, etc.

    Why can't we just be friends? :'(

    When did we learn to do this? 😳
    It's human nature to fight and be friends 🙂

    Sometimes hiding behind the computer screen lets people be meaner than they would in person.
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    17 Oct '09 12:00
    Thank you. I enjoyed reading your replies.

    Some of my meanest fights have been with my best friends.

    Life is funny that way sometimes.
  7. Joined
    28 Jul '04
    Moves
    69627
    17 Oct '09 13:18
    Originally posted by josephw
    Thank you. I enjoyed reading your replies.

    Some of my meanest fights have been with my best friends.

    Life is funny that way sometimes.
    Likewise we have very different views but I have nothing against you personally. No doubt you are a decent bloke. 🙂
  8. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    17 Oct '09 20:151 edit
    Originally posted by lausey
    Likewise we have very different views but I have nothing against you personally. No doubt you are a decent bloke. 🙂
    Yes I agree that I feel we are all good people and the discussions are good for us all. But we should never loose respect for our different views with each other and resort to insults and even name calling no matter what our beliefs are. Many people all thru history have suffered because of lack of love and respect from others.

    Oh yeah..."Hook em Horns"!!!!!! Texas won!!!!
  9. weedhopper
    Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    8064
    18 Oct '09 06:33
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    It's human nature to fight and be friends 🙂

    Sometimes hiding behind the computer screen lets people be meaner than they would in person.
    Indeed. a LOT meaner.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91666
    18 Oct '09 09:28
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Indeed. a LOT meaner.
    I dont have any friends. In real life or on the internet. I have a problem with the all the connotations the word 'friend' entails.
    I used to have friends when I was younger but not anymore.
    I suppose there are some who consider myselef their friend. But really they are more like aquaintances.
    I have a lot of trouble with the whole 'friend' thing.
    doesn't mean I don't have a whole bunch of lovely people in my life that I love very much. Also doesn't mean I hate anyone in particurlar, but I don't have any friends. I dont know... I think I would just end up hurting them or something...
    The spiritual path is a harsh mistress!!
    (Nice thread)
  11. Joined
    29 Nov '08
    Moves
    21545
    21 Oct '09 13:46
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I dont have any friends. In real life or on the internet. I have a problem with the all the connotations the word 'friend' entails.
    I used to have friends when I was younger but not anymore.
    I suppose there are some who consider myselef their friend. But really they are more like aquaintances.
    I have a lot of trouble with the whole 'friend' thing ...[text shortened]... up hurting them or something...
    The spiritual path is a harsh mistress!!
    (Nice thread)
    wow ur kinda...

    ...hmm...
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    21 Oct '09 14:29
    Originally posted by zeger55
    wow ur kinda...

    ...hmm...
    ...emo
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140206
    22 Oct '09 03:331 edit
    I think also the arguing and all kinda helps test your views & beliefs. What good are our views and beliefs in a vacuum? Will what we say truly hold water? or is it whacky ? I guarantee when we post it will be attacked by someone but this should be expected this is partially the purpose of these forums. There should be a redhotpawn convention someday that would be cool then some of us could meet in person.



    Manny
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91666
    23 Oct '09 09:25
    Originally posted by menace71
    I think also the arguing and all kinda helps test your views & beliefs. What good are our views and beliefs in a vacuum? Will what we say truly hold water? or is it whacky ? I guarantee when we post it will be attacked by someone but this should be expected this is partially the purpose of these forums. There should be a redhotpawn convention someday that would be cool then some of us could meet in person.



    Manny
    The american members could get together...
Back to Top