1. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    14 Jun '05 22:08
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Maybe you're thinking of marriage as a formal ceremony, or a civil contract. But essentially, marriage is a convenient between a man and woman witnessed and authorized by God. The moment God said he would make Adam a "help meet" (Gen 2:18) - they married by default. They were marriage the moment she took her first breath.
    Correction - I meant covenant (not convenient). 😳
  2. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 10:48
    Originally posted by bbarr
    If God really wanted married couples to be happy, he would allow them to sexually experiment prior to getting married. You know, BF, sex is a lot better when the participants are comfortable with their bodies and know what they are doing.

thats part of the problem. When you try to get all you can get, you are never satisfied? Sex in a marriage is supposed to be true to each other. Marriage was created to satisfy all sexual need.
  3. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 10:48
    If God really wanted married couples to be happy, he would allow them to sexually experiment prior to getting married. You know, BF, sex is a lot better when the participants are comfortable with their bodies and know what they are doing.

4. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 11:01
    ???

Translation please.
    There are those that believe that their way is higher than GOD"S. There are those that even preach and teach GOD'S WORD, but they do not teach that sex outsideof marriage is wrong. They do not teach that what JESUS said in MATTHEW 5:31,32 and all other Scriptures that pertain to fornication is Truth. And the teachings that GOD has on sex is the only true way. Premarital and Extramarital sex is wrong. All disobedience to THE WORD OF GOD is sin. All diliberate disobedience to THE WORD OF GOD after one accepts the Salvation that JESUS CHRIST freely offers is still sin.
  5. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 00:23
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    What was the reason that GOD, had intended that on the day that man and woman got married, that HE wanted them both to be Virgins?
    "he" didn't intend anything. Those who wrote the bible decided that for you.
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 00:46
    There are those that believe that their way is higher than GOD"S. There are those that even preach and teach GOD'S WORD, but they do not teach that sex outsideof marriage is wrong. They do not teach that what JESUS said in MATTHEW 5:31,32 and all other Scriptures that pertain to fornication is Truth. And the teachings that GOD has on sex is the only ...[text shortened]... o THE WORD OF GOD after one accepts the Salvation that JESUS CHRIST freely offers is still sin.
    BF, I curious as to why sexual sins tend to occupy the attention of most Christians. What is your take on this. There is so much more in the Bible about stealing, lying, idolatry, and even obesity. Why is there not as much attention to say obesity as there is to sexual immorality?

I was flying through some channels the other day and saw John Hagge (all 350 pounds) talking about the spiritual virtues of fasting. It didn't look very good.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 02:02
    thats part of the problem. When you try to get all you can get, you are never satisfied? Sex in a marriage is supposed to be true to each other. Marriage was created to satisfy all sexual need.
    Tell that to King David. He had a harem that would make a Mormon blush.

2 Sam 5
    13 After he left Hebron, David took more concubines and wives in Jerusalem, and more sons and daughters were born to him.

Did God oppose this harem? Not quite!

2 Sam 12
    "7 Then Nathan said to David, "You are the man! This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. 8 I gave your master's house to you, and your master's wives into your arms. I gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more."

"I gave your master's wives into your arms". Damn! To paraphrase Coletti, this is 'the ultimate arranged adultery'.

8. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 16:54
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    [b]BF, I curious as to why sexual sins tend to occupy the attention of most Christians. What is your take on this....b]
    Ha! Have you watched TV lately? I know we have become hardened to it, but what persent of TV commercials do you think use sex as a hook to sell something. And do you think they want the "sex" to be associated only with plain old sex between a husband and wife? Would that be "sexy" to most people? Our whole culture is obsessed with sex (the more immoral, the better).
  9. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 17:11
    Just a general question here . How many bloody threads are there by this title ? Does a new one have to be created every 2 months or so ? The origional one can't be used anymore , nor any of it's spawn of the same name ? There is only one "Jokes and the Culture of Laughs" thread . When one wants to post a joke this thread is resurrected , not a new one of the same title launched every time .
  10. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 22:39
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    Just a general question here . How many bloody threads are there by this title ? Does a new one have to be created every 2 months or so ? The origional one can't be used anymore , nor any of it's spawn of the same name ? There is only one "Jokes and the Culture of Laughs" thread . When one wants to post a joke this thread is resurrected , not a new one of the same title launched every time .
    I suppose the thread titles are not like file names, you won't get an error message if you repeat the same title. I've never intentionally tried though.
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 00:19
    BF, I curious as to why sexual sins tend to occupy the attention of most Christians. What is your take on this. There is so much more in the Bible about stealing, lying, idolatry, and even obesity. Why is there not as much attention to say obesity as there is to sexual immorality?

I was flying through some channels the other day and saw John Hagge (all 350 pounds) talking about the spiritual virtues of fasting. It didn't look very good.
    Do you think one of the reasons the fundies reject the TOE is because it requires unmarried microbes to reproduce?
  12. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 04:34
    Originally posted by Coletti
    I suppose the thread titles are not like file names, you won't get an error message if you repeat the same title. I've never intentionally tried though.
    I guess not . There are 5 others than this one , all with the same "THE WORD OF GOD " as the title . I'll start a new thread and show you , as not to distract or confuse everyone on this one .
  13. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    23 Jun '05 20:04
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Do you think one of the reasons the fundies reject the TOE is because it requires unmarried microbes to reproduce?
    I think this is a good time to refer to the WORD OF GOD post Lemonjello started up . The answer may be found there .
  14. The sky
    Moves
    23 Jun '05 20:11
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    I think this is a good time to refer to the WORD OF GOD post Lemonjello started up . The answer may be found there .
    You mean the GOD OF WORD thread?
  15. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    23 Jun '05 21:27

What you have said is true. A lot of christians are very much concerned with sexual sin. I really donot understand why, nor can explain it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree