THE WORD OF GOD

THE WORD OF GOD

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

Moves
10 Jun 05

What was the reason that GOD, had intended that on the day that man and woman got married, that HE wanted them both to be Virgins?

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
10 Jun 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
What was the reason that GOD, had intended that on the day that man and woman got married, that HE wanted them both to be Virgins?
'Cause God has a wicked sense of humor?

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
10 Jun 05

Um so adam and eve never did the deed?

b

Moves
10 Jun 05

Originally posted by Nyxie
Um so adam and eve never did the deed?
Not until they became man and wife.

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
10 Jun 05

Not until they became man and wife.
So who married them?

Moves
10 Jun 05

Originally posted by Redmike
So who married them?
God.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
10 Jun 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
God.
That's not in the bible. They were created for each other, and meant together. But I don't think they were ever married.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
10 Jun 05

I don't remember them getting married, but just out of curiosity, seeing that they were the first man and woman, what other options were there other than being virgins?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
10 Jun 05

That's not in the bible. They were created for each other, and meant together. But I don't think they were ever married.
Wasn't Eve made out of one of Adam's ribs?
If so, doesn't that make her a clone?
And if a clone has sex with the original...isn't that masturbation?

And what does the bible say about that then!

Well, see...
It's just as well she ate that apple or there would have been noone around to write the bloody bible in the first place!

l

London

Moves
10 Jun 05

Huh? Where does it say he intended them to be virgins?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
10 Jun 05

BF, I don't think you'll admit this, but I would bet the thinking behind this thread is that virgins make superior Christians (for you, that is).

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
10 Jun 05

Originally posted by kirksey957
BF, I don't think you'll admit this, but I would bet the thinking behind this thread is that virgins make superior Christians (for you, that is).
Maybe, he's a mormon.

S

Lexington, SC

Moves
10 Jun 05

i think it doesn't matter... cuz if they never did... wud u exist? just think about that.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
10 Jun 05
1 edit

Maybe you're thinking of marriage as a formal ceremony, or a civil contract. But essentially, marriage is a convenient between a man and woman witnessed and authorized by God. The moment God said he would make Adam a "help meet" (Gen 2:18) - they married by default. They were marriage the moment she took her first breath.

e

Moves
10 Jun 05

Originally posted by Coletti
They were marriage the moment she took her first breath.
The first "arranged" marriage!