Yes and this one...
    Have we broken him?!
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:20
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Yes, yes, but:

'Why are the words of Jesus somehow immune from the corruptions you happily identify in the rest of the Bible?'
    As much as I've tried to help you help yourself, you seem unable to get past the assumptions you make that aren't rooted in fact.

Teach a man to fish and all that.

Seriously, take the time to actually run through the mind experiment I proposed on the "Belief in Ones Heart" thread. For someone who purports to be a therapist of some sort, you don't seem to understand yourself well at all.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:23
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    As much as I've tried to help you help yourself, you seem unable to get past the assumptions you make that aren't rooted in fact.

Teach a man to fish and all that.

Seriously, take the time to actually run through the mind experiment I proposed on the "Belief in Ones Heart" thread. For someone who purports to be a therapist of some sort, you don't seem to understand yourself well at all.
    'Why are the words of Jesus somehow immune from the corruptions you happily identify in the rest of the Bible?'

I can only conclude you don't have a confident answer...
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:32

I can only conclude you don't have a confident answer...
    I can only conclude you make assumptions that aren't rooted in fact, struggle to be able to make a distinction between what you presume and what is, and struggle to understand yourself.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:46
    I can only conclude you make assumptions that aren't rooted in fact, struggle to be able to make a distinction between what you presume and what is, and struggle to understand yourself.
    Kindly provide the fact.

6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:46
    I’m a bit surprised that you haven’t had your shorts down in here before; there really isn’t much to you is there.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:47
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    ToO has been playing this tactic for as long as I can remember; distil your POV down to a select section of the bible (here the words of Jesus) and then bash Christians round the head for being hypocrites while not letting on what you believe yourself so you don’t have to defend it.

It’s about time he was called out over it and it’s obvious from his ...[text shortened]... ble.

He is probably an ex Christian, ex theist, or atheist with a game plan and he plays it.
    At the risk of ruining the dive character’s reputation, I fully agree with this post.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:50
    Kindly provide the fact.

Evidently you need to be spoon-fed. At some point you're going to have to develop the ability to feed yourself.

Cite any post where I asserted what you assume or anything like that.
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:551 edit
    Evidently you need to be spoon-fed. At some point you're going to have to develop the ability to feed yourself.

Then clarify.

You have clearly stated 'by and large' you believe the words of Jesus. You have also on numerous occasions highlighted corruptions and contradictions in the rest of the Bible. This begs the question:

10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:56

Progress!

Instead of deflecting legitimate questions by way of personal attacks, you’re now deflecting legitimate questions by asking questions of your own.

Do you think you’ll ever address the numerous questions from me, and statements from Jesus Christ in the Gospels, that expose your conclusions as incorrect and that refute your position? Should I re-post them?
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 16:07
    Then clarify.

You have clearly stated 'by and large' you believe the words of Jesus. You have also on numerous occasions highlighted corruptions and contradictions in the rest of the Bible. This begs the question:

This is what I actually wrote on the "Belief in Ones Heart" thread:
    <<Because by and large, the words attributed to Jesus while He walked the Earth are reasonably sound and reasonably coherent within themselves. What's more, much of what was attributed to Him is remarkably deep and quite profound. By and large, the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry is Truth.

This is not true of the mythology and beliefs that the NT writers wrapped around them. At best, they merely echo His words. At worst, they deviate from His words and at times substantially so.

Many of the beliefs espoused by many Christians are antithetical to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.>>

Does what I wrote assert what you assume or anything like that? Yes or No.
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 16:11
    This is what I actually wrote on the "Belief in Ones Heart" thread:
    <<Because by and large, the words attributed to Jesus while He walked the Earth are reasonably sound and reasonably coherent within themselves. What's more, much of what was attributed to Him is remarkably deep and quite profound. By and large, the gospel preached by Jesus during His mi ...[text shortened]... ng His ministry.>>

'By and large, the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry is Truth.'

Based on what evidence?
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 16:13
    'By and large, the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry is Truth.'

Based on what evidence?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 16:16
    He quoting you.

Jeez.
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 16:20
    Yes.

In your own time sir, the OP asks:

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree