1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 16:221 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Yes.

In your own time sir, the OP asks:

'Why are the words of Jesus somehow immune from the corruptions you happily identify in the rest of the Bible?'
    Prove it.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 16:23
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    He quoting you.

Jeez.
    The quote was initially mine, but I am paraphrasing him.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 17:34
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Prove it.
    Nice edit, but strange request. Why are you asking me to 'prove' a question?! 🙄

If I was making a false assertion (which I was not, you having many times spoken of biblical corruptions and contradictions) then fair enough. But I'm asking you a straight up question and you are at full liberty to explain your position in your answer.

That's how questions and answers work. It's not, ask a question, prove said question, and then never get an answer.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 17:39
    Nice edit, but strange request. Why are you asking me to 'prove' a question?! 🙄

If I was making a false assertion (which I was not, you having many times spoken of biblical corruptions and contradictions) then fair enough. But I'm asking you a straight up question and you are at full liberty to explain your position in your answer.

That's ...[text shortened]... s and answers work. It's not, ask a question, prove said question, and then never get an answer.
    Then there's reality.

I asked:
    Does what I wrote assert what you assume or anything like that? Yes or No.

You answered:
    Yes

I'm saying "Prove it" to your answer of "Yes"

So I'm not asking you to " 'prove' a question" as you've asserted.

C'mon GoaD. Are you really unable to function at a higher level than you have been?
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 17:47
    Then there's reality.

I asked:
    Does what I wrote assert what you assume or anything like that? Yes or No.

You answered:
    Yes

I'm saying "Prove it" to your answer of "Yes"

So I'm not asking you to " 'prove' a question" as you've asserted.

C'mon GoaD. Are you really unable to function at a higher level than you have been?
    'By and large' what Jesus preached was truth and can be attributed to him. - Check
    Multiple posts over many years about inconsistencies in the Bible. - Check

Unable to explain why the words of Jesus are reliable but the rest of the Bible is not. Check.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 17:572 edits
    'By and large' what Jesus preached was truth and can be attributed to him. - Check

Unable to explain why the words of Jesus are reliable but the rest of the Bible is not. Check.
    Evidently you aren't able to function at a higher level than you have been.

I think you've embarrassed yourself enough for one day.

No matter how you try to spin it: What I wrote does not assert what you assume or anything like that.

That's just a fact.

If you're really a therapist, I feel sorry for your patients. You can't even help yourself no less anyone else.

Would it kill you to just admit that you made an illogical assumption?
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 19:24
    Evidently you aren't able to function at a higher level than you have been.

I think you've embarrassed yourself enough for one day.

No matter how you try to spin it: What I wrote does not assert what you assume or anything like that.

That's just a fact.

If you're really a therapist, I feel sorry for your patients. You can't even help yourself no less anyone else.

Would it kill you to just admit that you made an illogical assumption?
    Would it kill you to answer a simple and logical question? (Question based on what can be pieced together by the scraps you throw into the forum, not an assertion).

'Why are the words of Jesus somehow immune from the corruptions you happily identify in the rest of the Bible?'

(I'm not a therapist).
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 19:25

Which of these 3 statements ToO is incorrect?!
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 19:41
    Which of these 3 statements ToO is incorrect?!
    The fact remains that nothing that I wrote asserts what you assume or anything like that.

The assumption is entirely on your part. You can't logically draw that assumption from what I've written. If you think you can, then demonstrate in detail how your assumptions are logically drawn from what I've written.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 19:46
    The fact remains that nothing that I wrote asserts what you assume or anything like that.

The assumption is entirely on your part. You can't logically draw that assumption from what I've written. If you think you can, then demonstrate in detail how your assumptions are logically drawn from what I've written.
    None of the below are assumptions. They are a direct result of what you have posted in these forums. If one of them is not a true statement please specify:

1, 'By and large' what Jesus preached was truth and can be attributed to him. - Check
    2. Multiple posts over many years about inconsistencies in the Bible. - Check
    3.Unable to explain why the words of Jesus are reliable but the rest of the Bible is not. Check.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 19:55

Just answer his question 😉
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 19:56
    None of the below are assumptions. They are a direct result of what you have posted in these forums. If one of them is not a true statement please specify:

1, 'By and large' what Jesus preached was truth and can be attributed to him. - Check
    2. Multiple posts over many years about inconsistencies in the Bible. - Check
    3.Unable to explain why the words of Jesus are reliable but the rest of the Bible is not. Check.
    How exactly does your little list prove the assumption made in the following?:
    "'Why are the words of Jesus somehow immune from the corruptions you happily identify in the rest of the Bible?' "

Actually demonstrate how your assumption logically follows from that list. Actually provide the proof.
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 20:00
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Just answer his question 😉
    After 3 pages of posts I think we can safely assume he never will.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 20:03
    After 3 pages of posts I think we can safely assume he never will.
    It has been most satisfactory actually.
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 20:05
    How exactly does your little list prove the assumption made in the following?:
    "'Why are the words of Jesus somehow immune from the corruptions you happily identify in the rest of the Bible?' "

Actually demonstrate how your assumption logically follows from that list. Actually provide the proof.
    Not many cookies in your jar, hey?

It's right there in front of you. A rational and logical request for you to explain why the words of Jesus are reliable and the rest of the Bible isn't.

Bizarre why you can't do that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree