1. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    18 Aug '13 21:061 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think the guy in the linked video presents very good evidence that Noah's ark exists and the worldwide flood was a true historic event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AVxRVXHYqo&NR=1&feature=endscreen

The Instructor
    I used to live on the South Coast and there were endless flood rumours - In brighton people believe con trails from aeroplanes are being used to manipulate the climate (as opposed to being pointed at Gatwick airport ... duh 🙄 ). Another popular one is the earths magnetic poles reversing causing a tsunami. The ice caps melting was not on the list, but are almost bound to cause .... global floods. brighton had a fishing village between what is now the 2 piers and it was ... flooded , taken by the sea.... but they miss that out too.
  2. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    18 Aug '13 21:163 edits
    Headquarters of ING Insurance Amsterdam - (its a ferry on stilts)

http://www.df-perforatedsheets.com/typo3temp/pics/8551e0b0b9.jpg

planning ahead??
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Aug '13 23:48
    Originally posted by e4chris
    Another popular one is the earths magnetic poles reversing causing a tsunami.
    Tsunami? How about loss of atmosphere and cosmic radiation?

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/321220/scitech/science/lost-in-migration-earth-s-magnetic-field-overdue-a-flip
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Aug '13 02:09
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    When tides go out or floodwater recedes things appear to "rise from the water" so perhaps it should not be taken literally?

But of course you have the power to discern the literal passages in the bible!
    Yes, that is right. But in this case it should be taken literaly because the psalm is inspired by God to explain the receding of the floodwaters and why it will not happen again.

The Instructor
  5. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    19 Aug '13 22:00

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/321220/scitech/science/lost-in-migration-earth-s-magnetic-field-overdue-a-flip
    now I have 3 things to worry about.
  6. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 12:24

Do you believe that story?

How do they know the poles reversed c 1 million years ago??
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 00:54
    Originally posted by e4chris
    Do you believe that story?

How do they know the poles reversed c 1 million years ago??
    Yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal

In the early 20th century geologists first noticed that some volcanic rocks
    were magnetized opposite to the direction of the local Earth's field. The first
    estimate of the timing of magnetic reversals was made in the 1920s by
    Motonori Matuyama, who observed that rocks with reversed fields were all
    of early Pleistocene age or older
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 02:36
    Yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal

In the early 20th century geologists first noticed that some volcanic rocks
    were magnetized opposite to the direction of the local Earth's field. The first
    estimate of the timing of magnetic reversals was made in the 1920s by
    Motonori Matuyama, who observed that rocks with reversed fields were all
    of early Pleistocene age or older
    The first video is from the point of view of old earth scientists. The second video is from the point of view of young earth scientists.

New results on researches about Earth's Invisible Shield reversal

YouTube

Strong convection in the Earth’s core during the Deluge would rapidly reverse the magnetic field while the fossil layers were being laid down. Afterwards the field would fluctuate for several thousand years and then begin decaying steadily. This young-earth model explains the paleomagnetic and archeomagnetic evidence better than old-earth “dynamic” theories do.

Nuclear physicist, Dr Russell Humphreys describes how paleomagnetic research indicates our field can not be more than 10,000 years old. Problems with the dynamo model of the earth's Magnetic Field are presented, as is the accuracy with which his model predicted magnetic strengths of other planets.

Earth's Rapid Field Reversal: Young Earth Evidence!

YouTube

The Instructor
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 05:46
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote] God also established His rainbow covenant at that time:

[b] I establish My covenant with you; and all flesh shall never again be cut off by the water of the flood, neither shall there again be a flood to destroy the earth.

(Genesis 9:11 NASB)

This flood certainly could not have been a local flood because we have had many local floods si ...[text shortened]... ld's people were all gathered, would that not be in a sense, a flood of all the world ?[/b]
    The Heresies of Hugh Ross: A local Flood

YouTube

The Instructor
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 12:46
    The first video is from the point of view of old earth scientists. The second video is from the point of view of young earth scientists.

New results on researches about Earth's Invisible Shield reversal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJW47lV31zo

Strong convection in the Earth’s core during the Deluge would rapidly reverse the magnetic field while t ...[text shortened]... versal: Young Earth Evidence!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtTmqoXTdVI

The Instructor
    Of course your so-called scientist, totally unbiased like I am sure he is, forgot to take into account the recording of the spreading of the Earth's crust between Africa and South America where the magma welling up from the depths takes on the polarity of Earth's magnetic field and then when it cools retains that magnetic field, and thus the spreading of the Earth's crust is like a giant tape recording of the polarity of Earth's magnetic field over millions of years.

I guess he forgot about that little tid bit.

But then you don't WANT real science. All you want is so-called scientists (I don't care if they have a half dozen Phd's, if they come into a study with a built in agenda, they are not doing real science, only trying to prove a point, which is decidedly NOT science) To try convincing the general population with BULLSHYTE to purposely cloud the issue in the eyes of the public. You could care less about actual science, again, only as it is usable as a weapon against evolution and the age of the Earth, WEAPONIZED SCIENCE.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 15:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Of course your so-called scientist, totally unbiased like I am sure he is, forgot to take into account the recording of the spreading of the Earth's crust between Africa and South America where the magma welling up from the depths takes on the polarity of Earth's magnetic field and then when it cools retains that magnetic field, and thus the spreading of th ...[text shortened]... it is usable as a weapon against evolution and the age of the Earth, WEAPONIZED SCIENCE.
    No he did not forget about that, but instead of millions of years it was a few weeks or months.

The Instructor
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 18:12
    No he did not forget about that, but instead of millions of years it was a few weeks or months.

The Instructor
    So he is saying South America and Africa spread apart in bunches, where one bump say, added 500 miles in one day?

Tell me that is not what he means.

If so, just imagine for a moment the amount of energy expended in the Japan earthquake which peaked out at a Richter 9+. That moved Japan maybe 10 feet and you can see the damage that little bit of movement caused. That little bit of movement BTW, also shifted the entire planet an inch or so.

Now just THINK for a moment.

Suppose the ENTIRE CONTINENT of Africa and South America JUMPED 500 MILES in one day.

That would be so massive a movement NOTHING on land OR sea would have survived.

It would have made the Chixulub meteroid, which left a scar 180 miles across, look like a pebble hitting a pond.

There would have been MASSIVE volcanism that would have wiped out EVERY bit of life on Earth, maybe even bacteria.

Tell me that is not what he is saying, PLEASE.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 21:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So he is saying South America and Africa spread apart in bunches, where one bump say, added 500 miles in one day?

Tell me that is not what he means.

If so, just imagine for a moment the amount of energy expended in the Japan earthquake which peaked out at a Richter 9+. That moved Japan maybe 10 feet and you can see the damage that little bit of move ...[text shortened]... ERY bit of life on Earth, maybe even bacteria.

Tell me that is not what he is saying, PLEASE.
    You are making a strawman argument again. You know he did not say that.

The Instructor
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 21:441 edit
    You are making a strawman argument again. You know he did not say that.

The Instructor
    No, that's why I asked. YOU said it. Which makes perfect sense since you haven't got the common sense of an ant.

Is he for instance, denying that Africa and South America were once part of one continent?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 21:47

The Instructor
    I notice you never EVER comment on my thought about your buddies and you just using science as a weapon.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree