1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jan '16 12:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Dr. Snelling became a believer in YEC after receiving his academic training. He learned he was not being taught everything and the evidence began to point toward a young earth with a worldwide flood just like the Holy Bible revealed. 😏
    So where are his papers denouncing all of geology?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jan '16 18:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So where are his papers denouncing all of geology?
    Dr Snelling is not denouncing all of geology. He is only attempting to correct some of the errors.

Publications:

Books
    Radioisotopes and the Age of the Earth: A Young-Earth Creationist Research Initiative, edited by Larry Vardiman, Andrew Snelling and Eugene Chaffin
    The Answers Book, Don Batten, Ken Ham, Andrew Snelling, Carl Wieland [a revised and expanded version has since been published—The Creation Answers Book]

Some Creation magazine articles written by Dr Snelling
    Earth’s unique topography
    Coal beds and Noah’s Flood part 2
    The origin of Ayers Rock
    Tasmania’s fossil bluff
    The recent, rapid formation of the Mount Isa orebodies during Noah’s Flood
    How old is Australia’s Great Barrier Reef?
    The recent origin of Bass Strait oil and gas
    The Platypus
    Darwin the City
    Coal Beds and Noah’s Flood
    Forked seams sabotage swamp theory of coal formation
    Noah’s Flood and Mt Isa Metal Deposits
    Is The Sun Shrinking? Part Two
    A ‘165 million year’ surprise
    Iceland’s recent ‘mega-flood’
    Limestone Caves … a result of Noah’s Flood?
    Grand Canyon: Startling Evidence for Noah’s Flood
    The First Atmosphere:
    Geological Evidences and their Implications
    Australia’s Amazing Kangaroos
    The Bear That Isn’t
    Dating Dilemma: Fossil wood in ‘ancient’ sandstone
    Where Are All The Human Fossils
    Amazing ‘Ark’ Exposé
    Radioactive ‘Dating’ in Conflict
    (simplified version of the technical paper on the Crinum wood, below)
    Radioactive ‘dating’ failure: Recent New Zealand lava flows yield ‘ages’ of millions of years
    (simplified version of the technical paper on the Mt Ngauruhoe lava flows, below)
    Geological conflict: young radiocarbon date for ancient fossil wood challenges fossil dating
    Rapid Rocks: Granites didn’t need millions of years of cooling
    (with John Woodmorappe)
    That Matter of the Shrinking Sun
    (Be Skeptical About the Skeptics! Part 4)
    Radiohalos-startling evidence of catastrophic geologic processes on a young earth

Some articles by Dr Snelling from Journal of Creation
    Galaxy-Quasar Connection (red shift anomaly)
    Sedimentation Experiments: Nature finally catches up!
    Can Flood Geology Explain Thick Chalk Layers?
    Saturn’s Rings—Short-Lived and Young
    The ‘Principle of Least Astonishment’! [Rapid reversals of Earth’s magnetic field]
    Microscopic Diamonds Confound Geologists
    Moon Dust and the Age of the Solar System
    ‘Rapid’ Granite Formation?
    Conflicting ‘ages’ of Tertiary basalt and contained fossilised wood, Crinum, Central Queensland, Australia
    See also Dr Snelling’s paper on anomalous ‘dates’ of Mt Ngauruhoe (New Zealand) lava flows (1st Prize for technical excellence, 4th International Conference on Creationism, 1998.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 11:54
    Dr Snelling is not denouncing all of geology. He is only attempting to correct some of the errors.

Publications:

Books
    Radioisotopes and the Age of the Earth: A Young-Earth Creationist Research Initiative, edited by Larry Vardiman, Andrew Snelling and Eugene Chaffin
    The Answers Book, Don Batten, Ken Ham, Andrew Snelling, Carl Wieland [a revised ...[text shortened]... th International Conference on Creationism, 1998.
    And every one of those so-called theories have been refuted a hundred times over. For instance you talk about the Grand Canyon, saying the sediments there prove it came from the really stupid world wide flood idea. EXCEPT for one tiny problem. The sediments represented by the canyon only scratches the surface of the REAL deposits WAY underneath the GC.

I bet your esteemed buddy doesn't say a WORD about THAT one does he? Deposits that goes at least a mile underground and the ww flood was supposed to have taken place about 4000 years ago so in just 2000 years those deposits happened?

Get serious. That never happened and if it had, the weather and such, including earthquakes, would have been so overwhelming, humans and most other life forms would never have been able to survive such tumult in the Earth. Which never happened because those layers happened so slowly it took tens of millions of years to accumulate.

His whole body of work starts with an agenda to prove and the hell with science, just twist every bit of data to fit his agenda,

Once again, you know it and I know it and I KNOW you know it, that is not science. That is politics. The politics of religion. The politics of the attempt to Iranize the US but with YEC brainwashing.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 21:07
    And every one of those so-called theories have been refuted a hundred times over. For instance you talk about the Grand Canyon, saying the sediments there prove it came from the really stupid world wide flood idea. EXCEPT for one tiny problem. The sediments represented by the canyon only scratches the surface of the REAL deposits WAY underneath the GC.

...[text shortened]... e politics of religion. The politics of the attempt to Iranize the US but with YEC brainwashing.
    You have forgotten about what happened in the beginning.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.
    Genesis 1:1-2, 9-10 NKJV
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 21:43
    You have forgotten about what happened in the beginning.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and ...[text shortened]... r of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.
    Genesis 1:1-2, 9-10 NKJV
    Funny, before, you were using your buddy geologist for argument. Apparently that failed so being inarticulate as you are, you can only fall back on dogma. You just prove my point that you can't come up with ANY argument on your own using your own words besides Goddidit and variations on that theme.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 22:44
    Funny, before, you were using your buddy geologist for argument. Apparently that failed so being inarticulate as you are, you can only fall back on dogma. You just prove my point that you can't come up with ANY argument on your own using your own words besides Goddidit and variations on that theme.
    Well, Goddidit is the simple truth. Ask your 3 year old granddaughter about that one.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 23:55
    Well, Goddidit is the simple truth. Ask your 3 year old granddaughter about that one.
    Like I said, you are blindsided, blindfolded, and wallowing in ancient dogma unable to wake up and smell the coffee. The universe is a wonder but you have no wonder in your mind, only your misguided belief in a man made religion, no better than all the rest of the man made religions. No better than Australian Aborigine, no better than Islam, no better than Jaynes, Buddhist, Hindu, Taoism, Krshna, all of those man made religions.

ALL of them including yours made by men to control men and put down women. That is it in a nutshell.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 00:45
    Like I said, you are blindsided, blindfolded, and wallowing in ancient dogma unable to wake up and smell the coffee. The universe is a wonder but you have no wonder in your mind, only your misguided belief in a man made religion, no better than all the rest of the man made religions. No better than Australian Aborigine, no better than Islam, no better than ...[text shortened]... of them including yours made by men to control men and put down women. That is it in a nutshell.
    I believe Christianity is a lot better than the other religions, and even better than your atheism.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 02:301 edit
    Like I said, you are blindsided, blindfolded, and wallowing in ancient dogma unable to wake up and smell the coffee. The universe is a wonder but you have no wonder in your mind, only your misguided belief in a man made religion, no better than all the rest of the man made religions. No better than Australian Aborigine, no better than Islam, no better than ...[text shortened]... of them including yours made by men to control men and put down women. That is it in a nutshell.
    Some of those religions are better than RJHinds brand of Christianity... in my humble opinion...
    And some of them aren't religions even, but that's another thread.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 02:32
    I believe Christianity is a lot better than the other religions, and even better than your atheism.
    your Christianity is nothing like what I think Christianity should be.

Nothing
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 03:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    your Christianity is nothing like what I think Christianity should be.

Nothing
    Jesus Christ represents Christianity, no me. I certainly do not live up to His standards. So don't look to me for what Christianity should be like. I am defintely not it.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 20:45
    Jesus Christ represents Christianity, no me. I certainly do not live up to His standards. So don't look to me for what Christianity should be like. I am defintely not it.
    One way to be more like your precious JC would be to stop being so flipping arrogant. Was Jesus arrogant? I don't think so. Did Jesus call people numbnuts? Nope. Think about it.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 21:18
    One way to be more like your precious JC would be to stop being so flipping arrogant. Was Jesus arrogant? I don't think so. Did Jesus call people numbnuts? Nope. Think about it.
    That is just another reason why one should look to jesus instead of me. I never claimed to be perfect. I am only . . .

The Near Genius 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree