Theism and crime

Theism and crime

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
29 Nov 13

Originally posted by Rank outsider
Well, I assumed your point was that there could be a correlation between the global banking crisis and atheism, but that would not mean that there was a causal link.

I simply pointed out that, even if more religious faith had been present in banks (thereby reducing the atheistic correlation) this would not necessarily have prevented the banking cris ...[text shortened]... theism did indeed cause the banking crisis, then I have misunderstood the point you were making.
I still don't see how you can claim you were "agreeing with me" when obviously your were not.

Ro

Moves
29 Nov 13
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
I still don't see how you can claim you were "agreeing with me" when obviously your were not.
It's not obvious to me.

Can you clarify what the point of your post was?

Moves
30 Nov 13

It's not obvious to me.

Can you clarify what the point of your post was?
Does it make you feel smarter than you actually are to play games like this?

Ro

Moves
30 Nov 13

Does it make you feel smarter than you actually are to play games like this?
I don't know, was your post a bit of "the seasoned cut and thrust of a little barbed humour and difference of opinion"?

If you won't explain your position, that's fine. I remain of the view that my post was essentially supporting your position, but you clearly are not interested in debating this.

Moves
30 Nov 13
1 edit

If you won't explain your position, that's fine. I remain of the view that my post was essentially supporting your position, but you clearly are not interested in debating this.
Here is my post:

Yes, and there will likely be a strong correlation between global banking fraud and atheism.

Happy to help you out mate; please point slowly to the part you don't understand I will be pleased to unravel the nuances and complexities.

Ro

Moves
30 Nov 13
5 edits

Here is my post:

Yes, and there will likely be a strong correlation between global banking fraud and atheism.

Happy to help you out mate; please point slowly to the part you don't understand I will be pleased to unravel the nuances and complexities.
Yes, and I agree with that statement.

As I said, in my statement "I was agreeing with you", which you objected to.

However, it is not possible to tell from your words alone whether or not you think there is a causal link between atheism and banking fraud.

I assumed that your words were intended to be sarcastic. In other words, you were saying 'Hell, if you want to say that correlation implies a casual link, and portray religion in a bad light, then I will give you an example of a correlation with atheists that doesn't look too good of you'. This makes sense as you are dismissing the OP as ridiculous, but I had to infer it. (Oh, that and the fact that you are very often sarcastic...)

If, on the other hand, you think that, because there is a correlation between atheism and banking fraud, this implies a causal link, I can't see why you would object to the OP highlighting the correlations it does.

Moves
01 Dec 13
2 edits

Yes, and I agree with that statement.

As I said, in my statement "I was agreeing with you", which you objected to.

However, it is not possible to tell from your words alone whether or not you think there is a causal link between atheism and banking fraud.

I assumed that your words were intended to be sarcastic. In other words, you were saying ...[text shortened]... a causal link, I can't see why you would object to the OP highlighting the correlations it does.
It's hard for me to respond to this without being sarcastic. Just read the first few posts in this thread again and see what pops up.

Edit: if you are looking for me to say atheism caused 'banking fraud', which I'm beginning to think you are, you won't find it.

Ro

Moves
01 Dec 13
1 edit

It's hard for me to respond to this without being sarcastic. Just read the first few posts in this thread again and see what pops up.

Edit: if you are looking for me to say atheism caused 'banking fraud', which I'm beginning to think you are, you won't find it.
No. I am not trying to get you to say that atheism caused banking fraud.

I assumed that you did not think this, and still do. I don't think I could have been clearer that this is what I think your position must be.

I was simply speculating as to why you don't think I agree with your position.

I agreed with what you said. And I agreed with what you implied.

So I am still at a loss as to why you think otherwise.

Moves
01 Dec 13
1 edit

No. I am not trying to get you to say that atheism caused banking fraud.

I assumed that you did not think this, and still do. I don't think I could have been clearer that this is what I think your position must be.

I was simply speculating as to why you don't think I agree with your position.

I agreed with what you said. And I agreed with what you implied.

So I am still at a loss as to why you think otherwise.
Well try not to worry about it, it really doesn't matter.

The only thing I can say that could help you is that maybe you should focus on communicating your point in a clearer way, or at least put as much effort into that as you do into being pedantic about not being understood.

Ro

Moves
01 Dec 13

Well try not to worry about it, it really doesn't matter.

The only thing I can say that could help you is that maybe you should focus on communicating your point in a clearer way, or at least put as much effort into that as you do into being pedantic about not being understood.
I am not sure that you should be giving me advice on my posting style, given some of your posts in this thread, but I agree we have spent enough time on this. Time to move on.