Theist logic

Theist logic

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
13 Jan 06

TCE

Colorado

Moves
13 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Why must this be true?

Chimpanzees have fully formed hands but they don't play the banjo.
Talk to the evolutionist, it’s their theory. Basically according to them ostrich wings are shrinking or evolving away. Wings are for flight, and ostriches don't fly.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by The Chess Express
[b/]Honestly, I had no clue what you possibly could have meant. The term 'half wing'
is a meaningless one and certainly isn't part of the evolutionist vernacular. Give me a break. Perhaps you didn't intend the term to have the effect it did because in your mind it made a lot of sense, but it was and remains wholly unintelligible in any sort of ev exactly are you saying? That evolutionists don’t think that ostrich wings are fading away?
What a pathetic liar!!!!! No, I never used the term "half wing" on its own and actually neither did you; I used the term "half wing, half leg" which I got from one of the asinine sites YOU GAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Jan 06

Talk to the evolutionist, it’s their theory. Basically according to them ostrich wings are shrinking or evolving away. Wings are for flight, and ostriches don't fly.
Please stop, you fool.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
13 Jan 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
πŸ™„πŸ™„
πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ I think the only thing that ever comes from debating with you is a lot of trash talk. How foolish is that. πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Jan 06
3 edits

Originally posted by marauder
"animals come in entire, evolved forms not with "half-leg, half-wings".

You used the phrase to represent the entire animal kingdom and that is how I used it. Ostriches and penguins were just two examples. Half wings and legs can also pertain to redundant features.

I know that’s a little deep for a moron such as yourself.
Half wings don't exist.

Half legs don't exist.

"Half wings, half legs" or "Part wings, part legs" don't exist

Animals DO come in entire, evolved forms. Before the individual animal is born, evolution has done all it is going to do to its individual form. Individual animals don't "continue to evolve"; species do.

Please, I beg you, go down to your local junior high school and ask if you can sit in on a 7th grade biology course. Your ignorance is so appalling that even I am beginning to feel sorry for you.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
13 Jan 06

As an aside, Nemesio, if you know; does ANY branch of Judaism insist that the Genesis Garden of Eden story is literally true in all its details?
An individual in Judaism might, but no branch of Judaism insists that ANY
part of the Bible is literally true except that the Lord is the One God. Debate about
what a part of the Bible means is a necessary part of Judiasm. And no Jew would
ever insist that another Jew wasn't a Jew because he held a different, (non-)literal
interpretation of a Scriptural passage.

To use the term 'literalism' with 'Judiasm' makes no sense. That construct evolved out
of Gentile Christianity. I'm pleased to see that it is finally breaking down after a couple
of millenia.

Nemesio

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
13 Jan 06

It is not. You are mistaken.

Nemesio

TCE

Colorado

Moves
13 Jan 06

Half wings don't exist.

Half legs don't exist.

"Half wings, half legs" or "Part wings, part legs" don't exist

Animals DO come in entire, evolved forms. Before the individual animal is born, evolution as done all it is going to do to its individual form. Individual animals don't "continue to evolve"; species do.

Please, I ...[text shortened]... course. Your ignorance is so appalling that even I am beginning to feel sorry for you.
Sounds like the kind of stupid distinction you would make. Animals make up a species and a species is always evolving. The individual animal represents a certain place in the evolution process. It is not “entirely evolved” as a dummy like you says, it has stopped it’s evolutionary process.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
13 Jan 06

Originally posted by Nemesio
It is not. You are mistaken.

Nemesio
I made three points there. Which one am I mistaken about?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Jan 06
1 edit

Sounds like the kind of stupid distinction you would make. Animals make up a species and a species is always evolving. The individual animal represents a certain place in the evolution process. It is not “entirely evolved” as a dummy like you says, it has stopped it’s evolutionary process.
You are the stupidest person I've ever dealt with. You objected to my statement that "animals come in entire, evolved forms not with half-legs, half-wings". Do you know what you were even saying? That statement is accurate, period. There is no overreaching "evolution process"; there's just evolution. On second thought, don't go to a 7th grade class - the kids will only laugh at you.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
13 Jan 06

I made three points there. Which one am I mistaken about?
All of them.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
13 Jan 06

Originally posted by Nemesio
All of them.
I see. I'm glad you know better.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
13 Jan 06

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Why must this be true?

Chimpanzees have fully formed hands but they don't play the banjo.

It takes more than hands to play the banjo. It takes more than wings to fly.
I agree. Chimpanzee's don;t play banjo because it takes it take more than just hands to play. It takes a mind, with excellent coordination too.

Even if ostrichs had better wings they still (probably) wouldn't fly. They'd need alot of other adaptations (such as correct musculature, and the proper metabolism (it is hypothesized (with reasonable physics evidence) that Pterydactyl (which'd be about the same size I guess) could not take off - it had to fall from somewhere high to build up enough velociity for its wings to provide enough lift for it to fly)). Ostriches got big because they didn't fly. The wings got smaller, because there is an evolutionary cost to building them, and provide little benefit (some balance, some efficiency of running, since they provide some lift, which means they can run faster - like an F1 car)... Like a storm, evolution tries to balance the 'best option'.

ZellulΓ€rer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
13 Jan 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Chimpanzee's don;t play banjo because it takes it take more than just hands to play. It takes a mind, with excellent coordination too.
Don't be so down on the chimps. Banjo may be out of their league, but they can cook up some wicked percussion.