1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 08:41
    I propose this topic for debate.

There is no such thing as gay love, only love. Love that can occur in different shades of intensity between two individuals (Or more).

As such, two men(or two women) can love each other so deeply as to want to spend their lives together, and never be apart. The love between them is no less special than the love between a man and a woman. The gay sex that would happen between Steve and Abdul (the gay couple is Steve and Abdul) is simply a recreational activity two adults engage in, no different than going hiking or dancing.

Nobody equates sex with love anymore. Nobody equates marriage with sex. Why do the fundies?
  2. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 08:45
    its not a very good debate

but I can assure you there is - duh - candles romance being in love for life, after death... it does happen its retarded to think it does not...
  3. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 09:51
    Originally posted by e4chris

but I can assure you there is - duh - candles romance being in love for life, after death... it does happen its retarded to think it does not...
    I went to school with a guy called Les Behan.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 10:44
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Nobody equates sex with love anymore. Nobody equates marriage with sex. Why do the fundies?
    Although nobody equates them, they are strongly related.
    I must also point out that love comes in many forms. Although I don't agree with everything he says, C.S. Lewis' book 'the Four Loves' does get one thinking.
    I think there is a very significant difference between the love I have for coffee, the love I have for my son and the love I might have for a girl.
    In fact, I think the love I might have for a girl may consist of multiple components that are difficult to define.

I also think that the definition of someone being 'gay' suggests their tendency to fall in love with someone of the same sex. If someone has sex with someone of the same sex but only falls in love with those of the opposite sex then I would say they are not 'gay'.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 10:59
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Although nobody equates them, they are strongly related.
    I must also point out that love comes in many forms. Although I don't agree with everything he says, C.S. Lewis' book 'the Four Loves' does get one thinking.
    I think there is a very significant difference between the love I have for coffee, the love I have for my son and the love I might have for ...[text shortened]... t only falls in love with those of the opposite sex then I would say they are not 'gay'.
    hmm, i would say that being gay is not about being in love, but about being sexually attracted with someone of the opposite sex. i am sexually attracted by jessica alba, but i am not in love with her.

"I think there is a very significant difference between the love I have for [...]."

Yes, i am not disputing that. I should have mentioned that. I would like to discuss romantic love. The definition of it.The way i see it, true love endures even when sexual attraction fades. Too often however,the two are associated. My intent is that if we can come to the understanding that sex is not special, and it is simply an activity two or more persons engage in, the fundies might come to the realization that a gay couple would want to get married because they wish to be together forever, to start a family together, not because they want to doink each other while holding on to a marriage certificate.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 11:00
    Originally posted by e4chris

i do not understand what you intend to say here.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 11:08
    hmm, i would say that being gay is not about being in love, but about being sexually attracted with someone of the opposite sex. i am sexually attracted by jessica alba, but i am not in love with her.

"I think there is a very significant difference between the love I have for [...]."

Yes, i am not disputing that. I should have mentioned that. I w ...[text shortened]... ogether, not because they want to doink each other while holding on to a marriage certificate.
    your not in love with jessica alba........................gay!!!
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 11:34
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    your not in love with jessica alba........................gay!!!
    yes, i am coming out of the closet by saying i wanna doink jessica alba. repeatedly.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 11:55
    yes, i am coming out of the closet by saying i wanna doink jessica alba. repeatedly.
    hands off zahlanzi!!! she's mine....i will hunt you down........(its weird how obsession sneaks up on a man, one minute you think you are normal, then next you are threatening dudes over an imaginary relationship with jessica alba........anywhoo ive always got kate beckinsale, so you can keep alba)

i agree about gay-love there is really no context i can think of in which its necessary for the gender of your love to be clarified. we tend to put the word 'in' before love to clarify the love is of a adult/sexual nature and remove it for a more friendly or nurturing love.

im not sure about love and sex. my initial thought was that love and sex seem combined in my relationship with my wife. there is a difference between when we 'make love' and when we ***k, but now ive thought about it, i cant say if a couple need to be 'in love' to make love.
  10. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 11:58
    hands off zahlanzi!!! she's mine....i will hunt you down........(its weird how obsession sneaks up on a man, one minute you think you are normal, then next you are threatening dudes over an imaginary relationship with jessica alba........anywhoo ive always got kate beckinsale, so you can keep alba)

i agree about gay-love there is really no contex ...[text shortened]... , but now ive thought about it, i cant say if a couple need to be 'in love' to make love.
    Neither of you would be able to bang Jessica Alba.

Because my ass would be in the way. πŸ˜›
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 12:01
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Neither of you would be able to bang Jessica Alba.

Because my ass would be in the way. πŸ˜›
    Alba darned! Not if I don't get there firstπŸ™‚
  12. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 12:09

i agree about gay-love there is really no contex ...[text shortened]... , but now ive thought about it, i cant say if a couple need to be 'in love' to make love.
    I love Kate Beckinsale in those underworld movies.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 22:40
    Thats not a closet. It's a huge stadium full of guys - including me πŸ™‚
  14. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 07:53
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Thats not a closet. It's a huge stadium full of guys - including me πŸ™‚
    I doubt Jessica Alba is that impressed by a bunch of guys on a chess website fantasising about sleeping with her.

At least, that is what she told me this morning as I was making her breakfast.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 08:212 edits
    [b]hmm, i would say that being gay is not about being in love, but about being sexually attracted with someone of the opposite sex. i am sexually attracted by jessica alba, but i am not in love with her. /b]
    The two are very closely related. Can you fall in love with someone romantically without sexual attraction? White possibly so, but they are nevertheless related.

The way i see it, true love endures even when sexual attraction fades.
    But can one have true love of the romantic kind for someone of one sex but only ever have sexual attraction to the other sex?

.... the fundies might come to the realization .....
    Generally 'reason' does not work very well with fundies.

But your overall claim seems to be that gay marriage might not involve sex. Thats rather like saying a heterosexual marriage has nothing to do with sex. This is quite blatantly false. In fact, I think 'not getting any' is grounds for divorce, as is getting it somewhere else.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree