1. England
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 13:00
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So for all you know he could be a sadist?
    not my reading of the teachings.. as i refered in our last postings
  2. England
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 13:07
    I was responding to stoker who knows bugger all about Gods ways. One of those ways may be sadism.

But essentially, yes. Gods infinite power means that helping others costs him a negligible amount, therefore my excuse for not giving to the poor (it harms me), does not apply to him.
    your showing signs of vunrability.. the cost to god is to lose a soul. but that is the price we bear
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 14:49
    Originally posted by Palynka
    What about starting simple by not allowing 17000 children die every day from hunger?
    yes, it is god's fault. instead of humans who created that situation. and other humans that refuse to fix it because it is inconvenient.
  4. St. Peter's
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 15:33
    Originally posted by Palynka
    What about starting simple by not allowing 17000 children die every day from hunger?
    how about WE prevent those children from dying? Afterall isn't mankind's fault they are starving anyway?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 17:15
    Originally posted by stoker
    not my reading of the teachings.. as i refered in our last postings
    But you said you know bugger all. Make up your mind.
  6. England
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 19:20
    But you said you know bugger all. Make up your mind.
    miss quoteing is not your style.. i said i know bugger all in referencxe to god and why he does what he does. not to his teachings on how we should live in this life.
  7. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 19:292 edits
    Originally posted by Doward
    how about [b]WE prevent those children from dying? Afterall isn't mankind's fault they are starving anyway?[/b]
    Not all suffering is as a result of something we did wrong. What about those children that suffer for some other reason other than something we did wrong?
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 21:07
    miss quoteing is not your style.. i said i know bugger all in referencxe to god and why he does what he does. not to his teachings on how we should live in this life.
    So, surely God being a sadist would fall into the category of 'why he does what he does' and not 'his teachings on how we should live this life'? So why am I incorrect to conclude that you admitted knowing bugger all about whether or not God is a sadist?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 21:10
    Originally posted by Doward
    how about [b]WE prevent those children from dying? Afterall isn't mankind's fault they are starving anyway?[/b]
    Is mankind a single entity? Are you responsible for all other humans decisions? Why then am I, for example responsible for the decisions of some person in Ethiopia which has resulted in a child starving to death? If it is not my fault, then surely both I and God have equal responsibility when it comes to doing something about it. The difference being that he has far more ability to do something at far less cost to himself.
  10. England
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 22:22
    So, surely God being a sadist would fall into the category of 'why he does what he does' and not 'his teachings on how we should live this life'? So why am I incorrect to conclude that you admitted knowing bugger all about whether or not God is a sadist?
    i do not know the working of god, why he does what he does falls into the divine loving god ..i do not know god and his plan if i did i would inform you that is why i say i know bugger all about god, if you conclude a point of view then that is your human right,
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 00:53
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    Not all suffering is as a result of something we did wrong. What about those children that suffer for some other reason other than something we did wrong?
    you aren't saying that mankind is incapable of preventing children from suffering. or preventing anyone from suffering for that matter.

so what are you saying?
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 00:57
    Is mankind a single entity? Are you responsible for all other humans decisions? Why then am I, for example responsible for the decisions of some person in Ethiopia which has resulted in a child starving to death? If it is not my fault, then surely both I and God have equal responsibility when it comes to doing something about it. The difference being that he has far more ability to do something at far less cost to himself.
    let's suppose a super advanced technological race exists on alpha centauri. and that it is capable of faster than light speed.

should those beings be required to stop by and help mankind anytime there is an earthquake or a famine? simply because they can and it would mean 5 minutes in their spaceship and another 5 minutes for their matter replicator to give us what we need? are they responsible for us?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 01:40
    You don't know twhitehead vey well. I have found he often
    misquotes thoe he disagrees with.
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 04:273 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    let's suppose a super advanced technological race exists on alpha centauri. and that it is capable of faster than light speed.

should those beings be required to stop by and help mankind anytime there is an earthquake or a famine? simply because they can and it would mean 5 minutes in their spaceship and another 5 minutes for their matter replicator to give us what we need? are they responsible for us?
    Is it claimed they are omnibenevolent and "love"Reveal Hidden Content
    (whatever the hell that means when applied to higher entities)
    us all? If so then yes - as regards us humans sorting out world famine, oppressive regimes, murders, rapes, and so on...given we haven't got anywhere near the infrastructure just to procure the goods and services as well as the logistics to get help to those who require it then we humans are not capable of dealing with the worlds problems. Moreover, given the inaction of any god that satisfies all the omnis, belief that an entity has these properties is not tenable. Furthermore, at best it's making an example out of those who get the shaft daily.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 04:46
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Is it claimed they are omnibenevolent and "love"[hidden](whatever the hell that means when applied to higher entities)[/hidden]us all? If so then yes - as regards us humans sorting out world famine, oppressive regimes, murders, rapes, and so on...given we haven't got anywhere near the infrastructure just to procure the goods and services as well as the logisti ...[text shortened]... t tenable. Furthermore, at best it's making an example out of those who get the shaft daily.
    It is due to your lack of understanding that you make such statements
    to blame God for what man has caused.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree