1. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 15:50
    Is paying a thithe of your income in the New Testment? I can not find where the bible says to and it seems a lot of churches teach u should. thanks for the input in advance Kevin🙂
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 22:12
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcfarland
    Is paying a thithe of your income in the New Testment? I can not find where the bible says to and it seems a lot of churches teach u should. thanks for the input in advance Kevin🙂
    The tax system of theocratic Israel was put on every citizen of the country, believer or otherwise. While giving is a legitmate act of spiritual service, there is no commandment to 'tithe.'
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 22:23
    Thanks for the input anyone else have anything on the subject.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 09:45
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcfarland
    Thanks for the input anyone else have anything on the subject.
    The tithe has its roots in offerings to God that date back to the time of Cain and Able. If you recall, Cain slew his brother Able because God preferred Ables offering over that of Cain. This was because Able gave the best that he had in comparison to Cains offering. The tithe, in fact, is a form of worship, or should be. David was quoted as saying, "I will not give to God what costs me nothing". Giving to God what is the most important to us or the most precious to us is why tithing is a form of worship. Unfortunatly, money is the one thing, if not the only thing, that is often deemed the most important to us and therefore is the one thing that is most often used.
  5. Sydney
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 10:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    The tithe has its roots in offerings to God that date back to the time of Cain and Able. If you recall, Cain slew his brother Able because God preferred Ables offering over that of Cain. This was because Able gave the best that he had in comparison to Cains offering. The tithe, in fact, is a form of worship, or should be. David was quoted as saying, "I wi ...[text shortened]... often deemed the most important to us and therefore is the one thing that is most often used.
    Deuteronomy 12
  6. London
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 11:47
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The tax system of theocratic Israel was put on every citizen of the country, believer or otherwise. While giving is a legitmate act of spiritual service, there is no commandment to 'tithe.'
    In the Catholic Church, there is. It's not a strict 10% of your income (i.e. 'tithe'😉, but it is a commandment to provide for the sustenance of the priests.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree