1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '10 03:06
    Spirituality.

In the minds of those who are too attached to sense enjoyment and material opulence, and who are bewildered by such things, the resolute determination for devotional service to the Supreme Lord does not take place.

Bhagavad Gita Chapter 2. Verse 44

vishva.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '10 03:192 edits
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Spirituality.

In the minds of those who are too attached to sense enjoyment and material opulence, and who are bewildered by such things, the resolute determination for devotional service to the Supreme Lord does not take place.

Bhagavad Gita Chapter 2. Verse 44

vishva.
    From what I can tell, this applies to the vast majority of Christians.

For them, it's about what they get from God, not what they give to God.

Actually, come to think of it, this applies to the vast majority of theists.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '10 04:26
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

Exactly!
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 03:241 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

Silly,silly way to think. To think that God needs to be given anything🙄

How many people and animals have been sacrificed for "God" in the past because of erroneous beliefs. Having false beliefs is one thing, but destroying life because of what those beliefs tell you is surely one definition of "insane".

Time and time again the same answers come up. Simple answers but difficult in practice for some reason. We are God. We need to help eachother . We need to give to eachother,to share.( Material and non material wealth). We must have no superstitions, no taboos. Physical death is only a transition and should be understood as such. Spirit is eternal. Spirit contains all and lacks nothing and needs nothing extra. We are all part of that Spirit which is actually just concious energy that is producing the (s)lower vibrating reality that we inhabit now. (The reality that we take to be tha alpha and omega of life). There is in fact no limit to the physical universe becasue Spirit has unlimited creative power to produce as many different physical scenarios as necessary for all 'souls' to EXPERIENCE the proper conditions to evolve.
    But I digress... 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree