1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 18:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    But its all relative surely, one cannot study art and harmony and counterpoint and chess and medicine and horticulture and zoology and philosophy and geology and aeronautics etc etc
    It's true, i now regret saying i sought intellectual superiority. I should have stuck with world domination.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 09:431 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    It's true, i now regret saying i sought intellectual superiority. I should have stuck with world domination.
    Now we are talkin. Did you ever have a ZX Spectrum? There was a game for it called Dictator where you were the dictator of a banana Republic. You could give power to the secret police, create private militia, emancipate the peasants and let the Americans or Russkies build a naval base. The goal was to siphon off as much money into a swiss bank account. You would have liked it. I kept getting assassination attemps.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 10:16
    Now we are talkin. Did you ever have a ZX Spectrum? There was a game for it called Dictator where you were the dictator of a banana Republic. You could give power to the secret police, create private militia, emancipate the peasants and let the Americans or Russkies build a naval base. The goal was to siphon off as much money into a swiss bank account. You would have liked it. I kept getting assassination attemps.
    I did have a 48K Spectrum, but don't recall having played that game. (Sounds great though). i remember only Hungry Horace, Manic Miner and some game where you had to jump over crocodiles.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 10:431 edit
    I did have a 48K Spectrum, but don't recall having played that game. (Sounds great though). i remember only Hungry Horace, Manic Miner and some game where you had to jump over crocodiles.
    a yes classics! you can play most of them online I think 😀

http://torinak.com/qaop#!dictator

awe man, Load ""
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 15:38

awe man, Load ""
    Thanks. That link brought back memories. (Especially the sound effects).

About 15 years ago i still had my old Spectrum in the back of a cupboard. On a nostalgic whim i decided to set it up and see if it still worked. It didn't. 🙁
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 16:571 edit
    Thanks. That link brought back memories. (Especially the sound effects).

About 15 years ago i still had my old Spectrum in the back of a cupboard. On a nostalgic whim i decided to set it up and see if it still worked. It didn't. 🙁
    It never worked? what a great pity, i always remember the sound of the tape recorder. I spent about three days typing in some code for a horse racing game and could not get it to work 🙁 I Survived about four assassination attempts last try 😀😀😀
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 17:08
    It never worked? what a great pity, i always remember the sound of the tape recorder. I spent about three days typing in some code for a horse racing game and could not get it to work 🙁 I Survived about four assassination attempts last try 😀😀😀
    Sir, you are constituted from Teflon.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 06:02

awe man, Load ""
    Is that link definitely working? Doesn't seem to on an iPad.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 06:04
    A friend had a Commodore 64, we used to play loads of games on it, I remember one call Elite which was space game where you travelled from planet to planet trading and shooting pirates on the way. I remember it being awesome at the time.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 07:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    A friend had a Commodore 64, we used to play loads of games on it, I remember one call Elite which was space game where you travelled from planet to planet trading and shooting pirates on the way. I remember it being awesome at the time.
    Yes, my cousin had a Commodore 64 and i was always a little jealous that the games were better than the ones i had on the Spectrum.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 11:35
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Is that link definitely working? Doesn't seem to on an iPad.
    You bought an overrated and over priced tablet and it doesn't work? whats with that dude?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 11:361 edit
    Yes, my cousin had a Commodore 64 and i was always a little jealous that the games were better than the ones i had on the Spectrum.
    Until the Specky 128K made it look like a calculator 😛
  13. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 11:47
    Until the Specky 128K made it look like a calculator 😛
    I bought my son an Atari then a spectrum 128k
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 11:58
    Originally posted by redbadger
    I bought my son an Atari then a spectrum 128k
    yes they were awesome for the time 😀
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 12:38
    You bought an overrated and over priced tablet and it doesn't work? whats with that dude?
    Why do you have to be such an irredeemable toss-pot all the time? Take a day off occasionally.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree