When I find the time I'll tackle one of your questions in detail
    Sure you will.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 00:01
    @divegeester said
    Do you realise how utterly weak and futile this circular reasoning is?
    I thought you were the one that doesn't know the Bible is what it says it is!

It's not circular reasoning to say the Bible is inerrant, immutable and infallible. It's God's Word and it's as good as God.

It's not my problem if you don't believe it, but you will. Unless you're totally brainwashed by liberal theology. If that's the case they're may not be much hope. 🙃
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 00:02
    @divegeester said
    If I relied on your “opinions”, wouldn’t that be exactly the same as “relying on the opinions of others”?
    I ain't as dumb as I look. 😜
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 00:02
    @divegeester said
    Sure you will.
    Of course I will. In time.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 00:411 edit
    @josephw said
    I ain't as dumb as I look. 😜
    Surely, it is what you write and how you behave that forms the basis of the suggestion that you are "dumb" [your word, not mine] and how you "look" has nothing to do with it?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 00:461 edit
    @josephw said
    The truth about the authenticity, immutability, inerrancy, infallibility and veracity of the scriptures is found in the scriptures.
    It's preposterous to think that a supposedly omniscient and omnipotent creator entity - intent on intervening in the lives of humans - would reveal itself in such an intellectually weak way.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 01:32
    @fmf said
    It's preposterous to think that a supposedly omniscient and omnipotent creator entity - intent on intervening on the lives of humans - would reveal itself in such an intellectually weak way.
    To be clear, I am not linking theistic faith to intellect.

The spurious "free will" argument about the supposed need for a not-necessarily-credible-to-all revelation aside, the entire "the scriptures are true because the scriptures themselves say so" basis is intellectually weak, bafflingly so.

This defecit of intellectual rigour creates a credibility vacuum that is filled by a form of emotionalism girded by elements of psychology and anthropology that many believers may be quite unaware of, such is the perceived and persuasive "logic" of their 'the bible is true because the bible says so' belief
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 01:45
    @fmf said
    Surely, it is what you write and how you behave that forms the basis of the suggestion that you are "dumb" [your word, not mine] and how you "look" has nothing to do with it?
    You've made it abundantly clear that you have superior capacities.

As dumb as I may be you don't impress me.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 01:47
    @fmf said
    It's preposterous to think that a supposedly omniscient and omnipotent creator entity - intent on intervening in the lives of humans - would reveal itself in such an intellectually weak way.
    In a sense that speaks volumes about your intellect.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 01:50
    @fmf said
    To be clear, I am not linking theistic faith to intellect.

The spurious "free will" argument about the supposed need for a not-necessarily-credible-to-all revelation aside, the entire "the scriptures are true because the scriptures themselves say so" basis is intellectually weak, bafflingly so.

This defecit of intellectual rigour creates a credibility vacuum that is fille ...[text shortened]... s the perceived and persuasive "logic" of their 'the bible is true because the bible says so' belief
    I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you read that back to yourself while gazing at yourself in the mirror.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 02:15
    @josephw said
    In a sense that speaks volumes about your intellect.
    In what sense is that?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 02:17
    @josephw said
    I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you read that back to yourself while gazing at yourself in the mirror.
    A response to what I laid out would be more interesting - in a debate and discussion forum like this - than this "banter" which seems to be inadvertently related to a chip you have on your shoulder.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 02:201 edit
    @josephw said
    You've made it abundantly clear that you have superior capacities.

As dumb as I may be you don't impress me.
    I don't post in the hope of impressing the likes of you, josephw. But I am interested in getting you to converse in good faith, if I can.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 02:49
    @fmf said
    I don't post in the hope of impressing the likes of you, josephw.
    Right! I think you post to impress the likes of you.

"But I am interested in getting you to converse in good faith, if I can."

Try that one on yourself if you can.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 02:54
    @josephw said
    Right! I think you post to impress the likes of you.

"But I am interested in getting you to converse in good faith, if I can."

Try that one on yourself if you can.
    You sell yourself short, josephw, with constant peripheral "banter" of this kind.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree