1. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 11:53
    i remember as a student reading this book, which at the time filled me with the hope of finding some type of self understanding and spiritual fulfillment, being completely disgusted at the legacy of both social Darwinism and the application of evolutionary theory on a social and economic level and orthodox Christianity as preached and 'practiced', by the majority, of professed Christians. i remember at the time my best friend in college was a Muslim and after failing to convince me of the merits of Islam i determined that if Mohammad could do it, then so could I, however my attempts proved futile as sadly i am not a divine being as is stated by Mr. Leary in his book, but a simple human being. I just wondered if anyone has had any success in forming his/her own religion?
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 12:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i remember as a student reading this book, which at the time filled me with the hope of finding some type of self understanding and spiritual fulfillment, being completely disgusted at the legacy of both social Darwinism and the application of evolutionary theory on a social and economic level and orthodox Christianity as preached and 'practiced', by ...[text shortened]... e human being. I just wondered if anyone has had any success in forming his/her own religion?
    No religion๐Ÿ™‚
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 12:03
    i remember as a student reading this book, which at the time filled me with the hope of finding some type of self understanding and spiritual fulfillment, being completely disgusted at the legacy of both social Darwinism and the application of evolutionary theory on a social and economic level and orthodox Christianity as preached and 'practiced', by ...[text shortened]... e human being. I just wondered if anyone has had any success in forming his/her own religion?
    But is your religion your personal affair with your Maker, robbie?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 12:07
    I heard of one called Jaywillism. ... ๐Ÿ˜€

Its a nice religion actually.
    You just proclaim your faith in Christ (actually God).
    Then you sit tight. No good works are required.
    Then the Holy Spirit works its way into you and you become transfigured. Boom .... salvation.
    On judgment day you escape judgment and go straight to GO and collect $200. Thats it.
    Oh yes, i forgot .. God's eternal purpose is to mingle with man. So eventually you become like little Gods flying around the universe.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 13:34
    Originally posted by black beetle
    No religion๐Ÿ™‚
    mmm, i think that everyone must have a 'religion', beetle dude, you know the perceptions and experiences that shape and help us make sense of the world and the universe and our being, for example, as you know in Scotland football (soccer) is a religion, in many instances it shapes the adherents aspirations and encapsulates their hopes, their very identity is often decided upon by a particular football team, they have stadiums in which to worship their idols and they have hymns which they chant! so im not so sure you can escape that easily beetle my friend!!!!
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 13:35
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I heard of one called Jaywillism. ... ๐Ÿ˜€

Its a nice religion actually.
    You just proclaim your faith in Christ (actually God).
    Then you sit tight. No good works are required.
    Then the Holy Spirit works its way into you and you become transfigured. Boom .... salvation.
    On judgment day you escape judgment and go straight to GO and collect $200. Thats i ...[text shortened]... se is to mingle with man. So eventually you become like little Gods flying around the universe.
    man, awesome, where do you get that, does it come in a jar, ill buy it!
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 13:38
    however my attempts proved futile as sadly i am not a divine being as is stated by Mr. Leary in his book, but a simple human being.
    Are you saying that the founders of all religions are divine beings? If you are, then thats a new religion right there! But that makes you a divine being, which you have already denied. ๐Ÿ˜•
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 13:40
    But is your religion your personal affair with your Maker, robbie?
    Does a religion need a Maker, I wonder...
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 13:43
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Ask Gandhiji FF dude, he claimed it๐Ÿ™‚
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 13:471 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Are you saying that the founders of all religions are divine beings? If you are, then thats a new religion right there! But that makes you a divine being, which you have already denied. ๐Ÿ˜•
    hehe, no, but timothy Leary states that everyone is a divine being, you just kind of need to unlock, or access youre divinity! i have also read something similar in Alastair Crowleys book, the theory of magic in practise!
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 13:49
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    its interesting , we all have a maker in the sense that there are internal and external factors that 'make us', who we are!
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 13:54
    mmm, i think that everyone must have a 'religion', beetle dude, you know the perceptions and experiences that shape and help us make sense of the world and the universe and our being, for example, as you know in Scotland football (soccer) is a religion, in many instances it shapes the adherents aspirations and encapsulates their hopes, their very id ...[text shortened]... have hymns which they chant! so im not so sure you can escape that easily beetle my friend!!!!
    I escape for fun; black beetle escapes quite easily and destroys completely the root system of the "religion" as it does with the root system of the pasture; miam; black beetle begins to emerge from late February and feeds actively for a few months. When our number is high, usually following summer drought, massed dispersal flights may occur in autumn; and we are ever ready to oppose "religion" with common sens;
    I do not like soccer though.

๐Ÿ˜ต
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 13:56
    its interesting , we all have a maker in the sense that there are internal and external factors that 'make us', who we are!
    Gandhiji had a point
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 14:024 edits
    I escape for fun; black beetle escapes quite easily and destroys completely the root system of the "religion" as it does with the root system of the pasture; miam; black beetle begins to emerge from late February and feeds actively for a few months. When our number is high, usually following summer drought, massed dispersal flights may occur in autumn; ...[text shortened]... e are ever ready to oppose "religion" with common sens;
    I do not like soccer though.

๐Ÿ˜ต
    would you not say therefore beetle dude, that you have a 'need', to escape? dare i say it, that you are conscious of a spirituality within yourself that needs to be taken care of, either by study, recreation, chess, travel, poetry, wine, song and verse, debates etc etc. or am i going to far? perhaps i have said too much!
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 14:06
    would you not say therfore beetle dude, that you have a 'need', to escape? dare i say it, that you are conscious of a spirituality within yourself that needs to be taken care of, either by study, recreation, chess, travel, poetry, wine, song and verse, debates etc etc. or am i going to far?
    My spirituality within me needs nothing; when I have to escape I escape. When I have to eat I eat;
    Far! What is "far"? Are you "far" away from me?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree