1. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 21:48
    But did it continue after they were drunk?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 06:48
    Originally posted by daniel58
    But did it continue after they were drunk?
    I dont know . I would suggest their experiences carried on as a memory and probably changed the way they lived their lives.

Anyway it is probably not a good thing to oppose your desires directly as it can cause more divisions in your thinking.

My motto is"dilute". Dilute your desires and 'bad-thinking'. Dilute them to the point where they are no longer necessary.
    (This is assuming you are completely honest with yourself in the first place. But you seem like an honest person to me...)
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 07:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i remember as a student reading this book, which at the time filled me with the hope of finding some type of self understanding and spiritual fulfillment, being completely disgusted at the legacy of both social Darwinism and the application of evolutionary theory on a social and economic level and orthodox Christianity as preached and 'practiced', by ...[text shortened]... e human being. I just wondered if anyone has had any success in forming his/her own religion?
    I respect completely Black Beetle. I understand where he is coming from, he is learned, and I would be a fool to feign otherwise.

I also respect a good many other athiests: twhitehead, rwingett, swiss gambit, but to name a few. If I did not name you it does not mean I do not respect your point of view.

I respect fewer Christians; I apologize for that in that I'm a Christian of sorts. I say "of sorts" because what I believe as a Christian is not what most believe. I won't get into the sordid details unless it seems necessary - let's just say that I'm more of a spiritualist than an athiest.

I'm an ordained minister in the Christian tradition. At the moment I'm kind of feeling on my own; my denomination is liberal by orthodox standards, but not liberal my mine. I am therefore inactive in my priesthood. That is by my choice. That may always be the case; I really do not know. My Christology is different from anyone I know. I currently am practicing my stewardship of people and earth with animals; the innocents who seem to have no voice amongst the humans. Is it my own religion? At this point, I have to say it's my own expression of Christianity. No one I know expresses Christianity like me; either here locally or any of you in RHP land. You just don't. It's not an accusation. I don't think you're wrong. I'm just doing what I do.

Is it a different religion? Seems like it to me, but I'm on my own here.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 12:57
    Originally posted by Badwater
    I respect completely Black Beetle. I understand where he is coming from, he is learned, and I would be a fool to feign otherwise.

I also respect a good many other athiests: twhitehead, rwingett, swiss gambit, but to name a few. If I did not name you it does not mean I do not respect your point of view.

I respect fewer Christians; I apologize for that ...[text shortened]... I do.

hey badwater, it seems to me that yours is a most noble cause. whether one thinks of it as an allegory or as literal it matters not in this instance, but the commission given in scripture to the first human parents, was to take care of the earth and to look after the creatures. this was gods purpose for mankind, as far as i can discern, and his purpose has never changed.

I as a Christian still hope that eventually paradise shall be restored, not in some far away heavenly realm, but an earthly one. The earth has the potential, we cannot deny, yet despite the greed and the exploitation and the way it has been savagely ravaged and subjected to futility, i have hope towards God that he will not let it be depleted beyond restoration, for it regenerative powers are strong and i am happy that there are individuals like you helping the process.
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 13:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hey badwater, it seems to me that yours is a most noble cause. whether one thinks of it as an allegory or as literal it matters not in this instance, but the commission given in scripture to the first human parents, was to take care of the earth and to look after the creatures. this was gods purpose for mankind, as far as i can discern, and his pur ...[text shortened]... rative powers are strong and i am happy that there are individuals like you helping the process.
    What about these quotes?

"I reckon that the sufferings of this time are not worthy to be compared with the glory to come and that SHALL BE revealed in us"

"We have not a real home here but we look for one that is to come"

"Heaven is your home"

Wording may not be perfect but you get the idea.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 18:04
    Originally posted by daniel58
    What about these quotes?

"I reckon that the sufferings of this time are not worthy to be compared with the glory to come and that SHALL BE revealed in us"

"We have not a real home here but we look for one that is to come"

"Heaven is your home"

Wording may not be perfect but you get the idea.
    what about these ones

But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
    And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace - psalm 37:11

Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth - Matthew 5:5

For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the true God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited - Isaiah 45:18

The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
    And they will reside forever upon it. - Psalm 37:29

For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. - Proverbs 2:21

With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” - Revelation 21:3,4
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 19:25
    Originally posted by Badwater

I respect fewer Christians; I apologize for that ...[text shortened]... I do.

Sounds like you have an honest interpretation of things.
    The 'one size fits all' approach to religon can be hazardous to the truth(as you see it).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree