1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 May '06 00:56
    Originally posted by masscat
    These debates are a waste of time. Matt. 7:6. The only thing that will get a sinner saved is the Gospel. All other arguments are pointless because of I Cor 2:14
    Why bother posting in here, if you feel this is such a big 'waste of time'? What do you say to Jesus' command to "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."? Is that also a 'waste of time'?
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 May '06 00:58
    Originally posted by Codfish
    There is no conundrum here.
    So God doesn't care about the fact that he's sentencing 4-6 billion people to eternal torture? Yeah, no moral hangup there.
  3. Joined
    24 Jan '05
    Moves
    29 May '06 03:05
    The bible also states that those in heaven can see those in hell, and do not feel pity for them or sorrow.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    29 May '06 03:28
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    So God doesn't care about the fact that he's sentencing 4-6 billion people to eternal torture? Yeah, no moral hangup there.
    It is the people own Chose to go to hell. God doesn't send people there, people chose to go there by rejecting Christ. And I think it would be more then about 20 Billion because I am sure that there has been at least that many that have ever lived.

What is your guess on how many people have ever lived?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 May '06 08:57
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Christians did you ever think for your relatives that if you could trade places with them the ones who are lost. I did all the time when I first became a Christian. But I know you can't.
    But I saw this verse a little while ago. Paul and I relate how awesome is that. Mainly verse 3

Romans 9:2-4

2My heart is filled with bitter sorrow and unending grief 3 ...[text shortened]... s law to them. They have the privilege of worshiping him and receiving his wonderful promises.
    I have asked a few Christians that one and not yet met a single one who would give up his place in heaven for another. I take this as a sign that they are selfish and do not exhibit the love preached by Jesus.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 May '06 09:21
    I think it is funny that non saved people think that a relationship is a religion.

All the relationships I have with my co-workers, freinds and family is not a religion. So why would my relationship with God through Chrsit be a religion?

It is the person in that state that makes the definition. and I say that I am not in a religion.
    I have been saved b ...[text shortened]... inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.
    Here is the problem. Why do you think you have to have an intermediary between you and your god? This god of yours, isn't it powerful enough to be able to work through you directly? Thats the problem with any organized religion, people setting themselves up as somehow higher than normal people supposedly so their fellow humans can reach some god or other. To me it indicates just the opposite, people setting THEMSELVES up as junior gods convincing weaker minds to follow them so they have a nice power base. Hey, it worked pretty well for the RCC.
  7. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    29 May '06 11:12
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Why bother posting in here, if you feel this is such a big 'waste of time'? What do you say to Jesus' command to "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."? Is that also a 'waste of time'?
    Christians too often make the mistake of getting suckered into a debate and try to make their point using human logic....see it all the time here! You will NEVER, EVER win a sinner to Christ with human logic or arguments because God has ordained that people will be saved by the preaching of the cross. ALL we can do is preach Jesus Christ crucified and resurrected and let the Spirit do the work.🙂
  8. Dunfermline, Fife
    Moves
    29 May '06 12:581 edit
    Originally posted by masscat
    Christians too often make the mistake of getting suckered into a debate and try to make their point using human logic....see it all the time here! You will NEVER, EVER win a sinner to Christ with human logic or arguments because God has ordained that people will be saved by the preaching of the cross. ALL we can do is preach Jesus Christ crucified and resurrected and let the Spirit do the work.🙂
    This is true. It isn't up to man to save people - only Christ can do that.
    I noticed that the good old relgion topic has come up.Christianity is very different to other religions. I, personally, don't see Chritstianity as a religion in my own live but as a relationship, as others have said. However, Christianty is the only 'religion' that has its basis on love. All other religions have a basis of fear. Islam says that to get to 'heaven', you must do as many good deeds as possible to help you across some form of bridge which test your character, so that they can combat your good deeds, or something to that effect. So Islam's base is fear - you do good out of fear of your live. My dad's family is Indian, and his whole family are Hindus. ALL of the worship to all of the Hindu Gods is purely out of fear - that they have more power than you, and they could smite you at any moment, so you better get on you knees, type thing. This is very different to Christianity, although many Christians make it seem like Christianity is just like this. Christianity is based on love - For God so loved the world, and so on, you know the rest. This makes it very very open to interpretation. Basically, you can get the Bible and Christianity to say whatever it wants, if you twist it enough. There are many different section and branches of Christianity because of this - different people read different things from the Bible, and say that it means different things. But, all that really matters in Christianity is the Gospel. God made you, and was so pleased with you, and loved you SO much that he let Jesus die for you, so that you could spend eternity with you.
    EDIT: I realise that this won't bring anyone to Christ, or may not make this debate any clearer, but I felt that I should point that out.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 May '06 13:41
    Originally posted by smooth operator
    This is true. It isn't up to man to save people - only Christ can do that.
    So why do Christians go around preaching? Make no sense. If Christ can talk to us directly then let him do so instead of sending a whole lot of people each with a different message, often a very confused message like RBHILLs for example where he is apparently trying to preach to those who are already saved.
    Your claim that Christianity is the only religion based on love is false. Many people try to spread thier religions or encourage thier children to follow thier religion throught the use of fear and Christianity is no exception. You will find constant reminders in these boards about going to hell and very few people talking about the wonders of heaven.
  10. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    29 May '06 14:10
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So why do Christians go around preaching? Make no sense. If Christ can talk to us directly then let him do so instead of sending a whole lot of people each with a different message, often a very confused message like RBHILLs for example where he is apparently trying to preach to those who are already saved.
    Your claim that Christianity is the only religi ...[text shortened]... ers in these boards about going to hell and very few people talking about the wonders of heaven.
    …very few people talking about the wonders of heaven.

Only utopianists and the evil commies would find it of any interest. :'(
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 May '06 15:41
    I think it is funny that non saved people think that a relationship is a religion.

All the relationships I have with my co-workers, freinds and family is not a religion. So why would my relationship with God through Chrsit be a religion?

It is the person in that state that makes the definition. and I say that I am not in a religion.
    I have been saved b ...[text shortened]... inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.
    What in Christ's name did this have to do with my post???
  12. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    29 May '06 17:45
    [b]So why do Christians go around preaching? Make no sense. b]
    I Cor: 1:18. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
    19. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
    20. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
    21. For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
    22. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
    23. But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
    24. But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
    25. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
  13. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    30 May '06 03:11
    I have asked a few Christians that one and not yet met a single one who would give up his place in heaven for another. I take this as a sign that they are selfish and do not exhibit the love preached by Jesus.
    There isn't a limit to the number of places (unless you're a Jehovah's Witness, and even they've started fiddling the figures), so 'giving up' a place simply makes no sense.

And the only sacrifice that's required has already been made.
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    30 May '06 17:04
    Originally posted by danielsmith
    The bible also states that those in heaven can see those in hell, and do not feel pity for them or sorrow.
    Compassion has always been a great moral failing of the human race. 🙄 Glad to see we'll be rid of this nuisance in heaven.
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    30 May '06 17:05
    It is the people own Chose to go to hell.
    Wrong. But you've been shown that it's wrong over and over and over again, so I really don't expect you to get it this time, either.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree