26 Oct '05 06:12
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    save urselves
    dont waste ur time on people that dont want to hear you innane drivel
    you quote scriptures you are too dense to understand urself
    let alone save me or anyone
    and save ur damned prayers too
    i dont need em
    dude dont u get that arguin wit xtians tis my ntrtainment--dont silence 'em please
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 07:03
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    dude dont u get that arguin wit xtians tis my ntrtainment--dont silence 'em please
    Like Omnislash said : " They are simply very loud and annoying"

We will never be silenced 😉
  3. Joined
    14 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 07:48
    save urselves
    dont waste ur time on people that dont want to hear you innane drivel
    you quote scriptures you are too dense to understand urself
    let alone save me or anyone
    and save ur damned prayers too
    i dont need em
    Everyone needs prayers whoever they may be. Christians or non-christians. I am sorry if you feel that way but people are just concern for you that is all.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 14:02
    As a matter of strategy, I suspect xtians would be more effective if they prayed for themselves: "Lord, illuminate my mind so that I might understand science and nature, and not appear the fool to those whose souls I would have you prey upon."
  5. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 14:04
    As a matter of strategy, I suspect xtians would be more effective if they prayed for themselves: "Lord, illuminate my mind so that I might understand science and nature, and not appear the fool to those whose souls I would have you prey upon."
    Are you on some sort of crusade?
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 14:06
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Are you on some sort of crusade?
    Man, you're quick. You caught the fundamental irony in my crusade against the crusaders.
  7. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 14:07
    Man, you're quick. You caught the fundamental irony in my crusade against the crusaders.
    Lol
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 16:27
    I think more open-minded xians would do well to actively join secularists in firmly denouncing the actions and ideas of these evangelists. The reason that "Christian" and "evangelical" are so often used synonymously in these forums is not just because evangelicals are the loudest, but also because when these evangelists start preaching insanity, their more intelligent xian brothers do not rebuke them. Instead, they sit silently on the fence or, worse still, wait for a non-xian to criticize the evangelical and then nitpick the non-xian's statements.

If you don't want to be lumped in with the actions of the evangelists, then make a more concerted effort to differentiate yourself. We could sure use some of that here in the US.
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 16:37
    Originally posted by telerion
    I think more open-minded xians would do well to actively join secularists in firmly denouncing the actions and ideas of these evangelists. The reason that "Christian" and "evangelical" are so often used synonymously in these forums is not just because evangelicals are the loudest, but also because when these evangelists start preaching insanity, their ...[text shortened]... more concerted effort to differentiate yourself. We could sure use some of that here in the US.
    Once upon a time in a college Bible study group, we were reading a book called Lifestyle Evangelism. It was written by a missionary as a rebuke of the ordinary missionary practices--the sort we performed as we "stormed the dorms" (our words). Most of my fellow readers could not see the clear and explicit rebuke of our methods, and they criticized me for becoming invloved in the college's student government because it took away from my dorm stormin' time. Rather, they saw stuff like "a call to holiness"--I kid you not.

This experience did not end my association with xtians as one of them, but it was the beginning of that end.
  10. Forgotten
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 03:44
    and the xtians here seem to thive on harrassment and being pests much like in real life
    this thread was just asking them to leave me alone
    you seem to thrive on bs but most flys do
  11. Joined
    14 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 04:10
    and the xtians here seem to thive on harrassment and being pests much like in real life
    If you want to be left alone. please do not post anymore threads as it will lead to more comments more than you want to know.
  12. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 05:27
    Originally posted by telerion
    I think more open-minded xians would do well to actively join secularists in firmly denouncing the actions and ideas of these evangelists. The reason that "Christian" and "evangelical" are so often used synonymously in these forums is not just because evangelicals are the loudest, but also because when these evangelists start preaching insanity, their ...[text shortened]... more concerted effort to differentiate yourself. We could sure use some of that here in the US.
    N/M, If you only knew how many post I typed to you, and deleted before I sent it, lol
  13. Meddling with things
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 07:22
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Here's the 666-handle guy wondering why all the fundies are praying for him. 🙄
    Do the fundies evey wonder whether they're

a irritating people
    b wrong.
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 07:32
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Do the fundies evey wonder whether they're

a irritating people
    b wrong.
    a) Yes, in fact, some of them are quite proud of themselves when they do.

b) Yes. There's a masochism to it. You revel in your imperfection and claim that god is still working on you, or some similar cliche.
  15. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 12:281 edit
    Was this in reply to my post on the first page? I can't say for sure, so I don't want to inveigh without inveiglement...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree