To our atheist friends

To our atheist friends

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
yes, and don't forget it's none of your damn business.

when you realize why it is unreasonable for someone to insist that you refrain from heterosexual activities, you'll learn why "it's none of your damn business" is a very good reason.
its not about me, just saying.

I do not think it reasonable for someone to insist that I refrain from heterosexual
activity as its both within the confines of marraige and is a perfectly natural
occurrence. the 'its no one else's business', is a weak and beggarly assertion, its not
even a reason, simply a statement of opinion, unsubstantiated at that, but if its the
best you can do, so be it.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
no, the Bible states that its unnatural, medical science has proven that sodomy is unnatural.
no, it hasn't. it has shown that it is less healthy and that more care must be taken. if medical science has made a study of it, it's because it is natural.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by Ullr
Interesting. Is it reasonable for God to ask the Israelites to desist? Sure. The Israelites acknowledged that their God is supreme and they must obey his word so there it is. As far as people that are not Israelites ... they have every right to say mind your own business.
actually, few israelites ever acknowledged the biblegod and his absurd moral strictures.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12
3 edits

adultery can be two unmarried couples -- no family break up there so your argument is destroyed.

adultery can be married couples who come to an agreement to share themselves with other married couples (swingers). -- once again no family break up and your argument is completely demolished.

seriously, is that all you have? it's kind of pathetic that you're sticking to your defunct arguments like a broken record.
adultery can be two married couples so there is no break up, clearly you have no
recourse to any present day scientific data with which to back up your ludicrous claims,
shall we look at the data, shall we? It exactly this type of a-moral attitude served up
with side dishes of, 'it curbs our freedom' and 'its our own private affair', which has
contributed to a moral decline resulting in untold misery for thousands of innocent
children, their families torn apart by an attitude that looks upon marraige and morality
as a whole as expedient. If al that you have is your opinions, then i respect your
privacy, such unsavoury items like that really are personal and by all accounts are best
kept to themselves.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

governments also have been prone to making unreasonable laws. just because something is codified as "law" does not mean it is just, or moral or reasonable.
so what.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

no, it hasn't. it has shown that it is less healthy and that more care must be taken. if medical science has made a study of it, it's because it is natural.
no it hasn't , shall we look at the data, shall we, what diseases are particular to
homosexuals and particularly the problems of anal sex, shall we. You really dont
know anything other than your own self certified opinions, do you.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
I answered all these questions in my response, if you can't be bothered to take the trivial
amount of time to read it then I am not going to bother repeating them for you.

I have argued many times as to how and why secular objective morality is both possible and
superior to theistic morality, and posted links to lectures explaining the arguments i ...[text shortened]... ou to respond with a simple, 'I can't be bothered'
to read that is insulting and rude.
that you did googlefudge, but robbie long ago moved his goal-posts and the original post no longer applies.

his new question is "is it unreasonable to ask people who have already accepted mosaic law as their moral authority to refrain from ..."

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
14 Jan 12

no it hasn't , shall we look at the data, shall we, what diseases are particular to
homosexuals and particularly the problems of anal sex, shall we. You really dont
diseases are natural too.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

diseases are natural too.
so that means we practice a morality which encourages their manifestation does it,
FAIL!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
Indeed it is.
It's like Rob's stuck in some sort of web?!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 Jan 12

The 'problems' of anal sex, as you put it, are not confined to homosexuals. Also as has been pointed out numerous times not all gay men practice anal sex, and finally lesbians don't engage in anal sex.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
The 'problems' of anal sex, as you put it, are not confined to homosexuals. Also as has been pointed out numerous times not all gay men practice anal sex, and finally lesbians don't engage in anal sex.
so you are trying to palm of a morality on technicalities, some homosexual men dont
do anal sex, so its legitimate, some lesbians dont do anal sex because they cant, so its
legitimate, why is it legitimate PK. Because its consensual, because its private, weak,
weak weak!

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
It's like Rob's stuck in some sort of web?!
my spider sense is perfectly in sync, thank you doctor octopus!

Cape Town

Moves
14 Jan 12

so that means we practice a morality which encourages their manifestation does it,
FAIL!
No, it just means that your claims that it is 'unnatural' are false.

If you want to prevent all STD's, then you need to stop practising sex altogether.
I was in Livingstone over Christmas, and I heard that the prevalence of AIDS in young children is over 10%, and the prevalence in adults is about 30%. Now I may be wrong, but I don't think this has anything to do with homosexuality.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

so you are trying to palm of a morality on technicalities, some homosexual men dont
do anal sex, so its legitimate, some lesbians dont do anal sex because they cant, so its
legitimate, why is it legitimate PK. Because its consensual, because its private, weak,
weak weak!
It's only weak to you because you subscribe to some ancient Biblical fairy tale, as a result you find yourself staying up to 5:30am arguing with people you've never met trying to justify your beliefs to yourself.

I don't believe your Biblical crap Rob. I live in the 21st Century, as a result i don't need to subscribe to barbaric garbage that was written down 3,000 tears ago. As i've said before what goes on sexually behind closed doors between consenting adults is none of mine or your business.

What's weak weak weak to me is the view that because it was written in the Bible it has to be followed without question. The sooner the fundamentalist mindset is gone the better.

Have a nice evening. 🙂