1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 01:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Don't pay any attention to these atheists. I too believe there are
    sexual acts that we should not do even if we have the freedom to
    do them. I think I agree with you on more than you think I do.
    The main disagreement I have with you is that you deny the Deity
    of Christ and the resurrection of His body after three days and three
    nights as He prophecied. I can not recognize you as a Christian as
    long as you don't believe Christ.
    But as long as you have the same intolerances as I do then I'll be nice to you. You and Dasa are almost okay in my book. LOL

You're a piece of work RJ.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 09:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The sooner the fundamentalist mindset is gone the better.

on the contrary, the sooner this a-moral meism is gone the better for everyone
    involved, I mean it, the horror is too much. too many broken families, to many broken
    hearts, but its ok, 'eat and drink for tomorrow we may die! Me, me me me me!

thank you, I will and you too, but remember, stay clean!
    I don't know if your being disingenuous on purpose but the goal posts have been moved continually by you throughout this thread, starting from page one. Take my answer for example, it was specifically about homosexuality and here you are making it out as though i was talking about adultery?!

All the way through this thread, as has been pointed out by at least two posters, your questions have been answered but you don't like the answer so you have ignored it and changed the question. A classic 'Carobbie-ism' if ever there was one.

Now FMF posted this response at least twice and twice you failed to acknowledge it -

I think deception and betrayal can be considered immoral. Adultery has victims. It often does considerable harm. I think sex with animals and children is immoral because there can be no informed consent. Bestiality and paedophilia have victims. It does harm. I don't think adult, consensual homosexuality is immoral. Homosexuality doesn't have any victims and doesn't harm anyone.

What don't you agree with?!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 16:121 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I don't know if your being disingenuous on purpose but the goal posts have been moved continually by you throughout this thread, starting from page one. Take my answer for example, it was specifically about homosexuality and here you are making it out as though i was talking about adultery?!

All the way through this thread, as has been pointed out by doesn't have any victims and doesn't harm anyone.[/quote]

What don't you agree with?!
    homosexuality has claimed zillions of victims, through sexually transmitted diseases
    and a plethora of psychological problems and issues, the new morality has failed! You people need to make reference to scientific data to substantiate your claims, 'because i
    think so', is not a reason at all, its an opinion and me, the humble theist needing to
    remind you of this, the shame of it!
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 16:151 edit
    homosexuality has claimed zillions of victims, through sexually transmitted diseases
    and a plethora of psychological problems and issues, the new morality has failed!
    Heterosexuality claims victims through sexually transmitted diseases too. Heterosexuals have a plethora of psychological problems and issues too.
  5. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 16:20
    and a plethora of psychological problems and issues, the new morality has failed!
    If something that leads to many deaths and psychological issues should be prohibited, then we must add religion to the list.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 16:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Heterosexuality claims victims through sexually transmitted diseases too. Heterosexuals have a a plethora of psychological problems and issues too.
    predictable and vain, so what, the question is one of promiscuity, which, as we have
    been told countless times by the heralds of the new morality is, both their right and
    morally acceptable, heterosexual, homosexual or otherwise, i know i know, your little
    world will scream and cry that your made of gold and cant be sold, that its perfectly
    fine within the confines of a monogamous relationship, wrong, its unnatural, human
    physiology should tell you that.

now i must go to the gym, to work off a few pounds shylock, you will be unhappy to
    learn, but fret not, you'll get yours 🙂
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 16:22
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    If something that leads to many deaths and psychological issues should be prohibited, then we must add religion to the list.
    religion has saved millions of persons from poverty, prostitution, drug abuse, family
    breakdown and a whole host of morally questionable issues, what has homosexuality
    saved anyone from? do tell.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 16:22
    predictable and vain...
    Vain? I have drawn a little personal attack from you. Again. I must have said something you don't want to address. 😵
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 16:24
    religion has saved millions of persons from poverty, prostitution, drug abuse, family
    breakdown and a whole host of morally questionable issues, what has homosexuality
    Homosexuality doesn't need to "save" anyone from the things you mention. You have now replaced the goalposts in one of the strangest places ever! 😉
  10. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 16:29
    and a plethora of psychological problems and issues, the new morality has failed! You people need to make reference to scientific data to substantiate your claims, 'because i
    think so', is not a reason at all, its an opinion and me, the humble theist needing to
    As i have said before, I do not accept the premise that I have to prove that something is acceptable to justify it not to be prohibited. You have to justify why it should be prohibited.

You have offered no substantive reasons for why homosexuality should be banned other than a text written by men thousands of years ago to which I dont subscribe.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 16:35
    When you have heterosexual sex with your wife, robbie, do you claim you are somehow saving her from "poverty" or any of the other things you list? What is it you want homosexuality to save anyone from?
  12. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 16:48
    I raised the example of religion to point out the paucity of your reasoning. I didnt expect you to come back with an argument even weaker than the previous one!

Third time lucky, or will you go for the hat-trick?

Or will you answer the question I pose as to why homosexuality should be prohibited, without reference to the Bible.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 16:512 edits
    ...the question is one of promiscuity...
    The question is one of promiscuity? Well, well. You have moved the goalposts yet again, robbie. 😵

I cannot be 100% sure what you are referring to when you mention "promiscuity". But I think deception and betrayal can be considered immoral, if that helps you to understand my view on "sexual morality".
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 17:031 edit
    Sex full stop, regardless of anyones persuasion, has claimed zillions of victims through STD's and various other diseases. You're taking cherry picking to a new level here Rob. The reason why homosexuality has such associated psychological problems is because of religious wallies like you parroting on about how it's 'unclean' and 'immoral' and a 'sin' etc etc, all because some Bronze Age person wrote it down 3,000 year ago.

As has been pointed out numerous times on this board cardiovascular diseases will kill more people in the Western world than anything this year, now why are you not getting on the backs of those gluttonous fatties i wonder?!

Now, if you will, do you have a reason why you think homosexuality should be outlawed without saying 'because the Bible says so'?!
  15. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 17:10
    predictable and vain, so what, the question is one of promiscuity, which, as we have
    been told countless times by the heralds of the new morality is, both their right and
    morally acceptable, heterosexual, homosexual or otherwise, i know i know, your little
    world will scream and cry that your made of gold and cant be sold, that its perfectly
    f ...[text shortened]... ork off a few pounds shylock, you will be unhappy to
    learn, but fret not, you'll get yours 🙂
    Out of interest, this means presumably that oral sex, as practised by a woman on a man, is against the will of God. After all, human physiology should tell you that......

If so, why doesn't the Bible also explicitly prohibit this? Could it be that the heterosexual male writers of the Bible werent so keen to transcribe this particular part of the word of God?

I wonder why?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree