1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 10:54
    Originally posted by sumydid
    I think we're done here.

So suddenly, according to the great twite head, the "missing link" was never missing at all. Well great, then I'll just take a trip to the local zoo and ask the gorilla behind the bars, what the meaning of life is.

Whether you genuinely don't understand what I'm saying, or you're faking it just to be difficult... either way there's no point in wasting my time.
    Define what you mean by "missing link" so that we are all on the same page.
  2. England
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 20:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Maybe one day you will actually read the Holy Bible and find out how wrong you are on all of this.
    4 TIMES my friend, and other books
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 22:25
    Originally posted by stoker
    4 TIMES my friend, and other books
    You can not speed read the Holy Bible and really understand it. It requires study like a school testbook. For example, Algebra, Chemistry, or English grammar. You do not hurry through those types of books, if you really want to learn something.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 22:56
    You can not speed read the Holy Bible and really understand it. It requires study like a school testbook. For example, Algebra, Chemistry, or English grammar. You do not hurry through those types of books, if you really want to learn something.
    You have to read it like a true Scotsman.
  5. England
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 21:25
    after 50 + years i can never speed read, i study slowly too slowly
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 23:34
    after 50 + years i can never speed read, i study slowly too slowly
    You don't seem to have learned much about the teachings from the Holy Bible.
  7. England
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 09:29
    SEEMS HUMILITY FOR ONE
  8. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 10:31
    Maybe he should use a computer to speed up the process to finding the right answers?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 11:20
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Maybe he should use a computer to speed up the process to finding the right answers?
    One day we will have a little algorithm on this forum that can automatically flag faulty arguments. So the moment someone posts it might say 'Strawman', or 'Argument from authority' etc.
    The only problem is the theists would leave.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 14:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    One day we will have a little algorithm on this forum that can automatically flag faulty arguments. So the moment someone posts it might say 'Strawman', or 'Argument from authority' etc.
    The only problem is the theists would leave.
    the whole forum points out how faulty rjhinds' or dasa's arguments are. a 10 year old can see that. pointing faults in someone's argument doesn't make them leave. what internet do you go to usually?

i also take offence on the implication that all theists are in the same bowl as the likes of rj and dasa.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 14:32
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    the whole forum points out how faulty rjhinds' or dasa's arguments are. a 10 year old can see that. pointing faults in someone's argument doesn't make them leave.
    For some odd reason they think they are getting away with it or something. I was just hoping they might react differently if the computer spotted their errors straight off. I wonder if we had more arguments over spelling before the advent of spell checkers. I guess there were always dictionaries.

i also take offence on the implication that all theists are in the same bowl as the likes of rj and dasa.
    Sorry, I apologize for that. I certainly didn't mean to imply that you were as bad as them. I honestly do not recall you using strawman arguments or arguments from authority, so I was wrong to over generalize like that.
    I must also admit that atheists are not always perfect with their arguments either (I know I'm not).
    So lets just say about half the theists (who we know regularly use faulty arguments) would be affected. Of course they would probably just deny deny deny as they do now.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 16:35
    SEEMS HUMILITY FOR ONE
    Thanks for your support.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  13. England
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 21:50
    Thanks for your support.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    amen to that
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 08:12
    amen to that
    You have to stick together till the last christian is looking out a cave in southern Spain just like the last Neandertal.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Apr '13 14:41
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    the whole forum points out how faulty rjhinds' or dasa's arguments are. a 10 year old can see that. pointing faults in someone's argument doesn't make them leave. what internet do you go to usually?

Hey, I know you are not in the same camp as the famous big three of ignorance and bigotry and dogma of the RJ/Kelly/sonship clade. You have reasoned arguments coming from your own mind. That three.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree